Current time: 10-20-2017, 11:51 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Quest world launch
02-07-2017, 09:12 PM
Quest world launch
After an initial period of beta testing, the first Cubeville quest is officially open! This first quest is part of the Service chain and, when completed, rewards you with a 50% discount voucher on the shopkeeper (SK) rank, allowing you to purchase it for 1000 cubes. If you already have the SK rank, don't worry, you will still be able to earn rewards for completing the quest (these rewards will be rolled out soon).

Staff are already hard at work preparing the next major questline for the doctor (DR) rank, along with some side quests for additional rewards, so expect to see more quests being released in the near future.

If you'd like to start the SK quest, just head to the Quest Hall, west in CVC, and speak to the NPCs there. After that, it's just a short ride on Nube's ship (recently arrived at the Cubeville City port,) and the adventure begins. Good luck adventurers!

[Image: gektUWB.jpg]
Cubeville City Quest Hall, North of Spawn

[Image: rahwfIF.jpg]
Nubes Ship, South-West of Spawn

Quests FAQ

Q: How do I start the quests?
A: Head to the Quest Hall, north of spawn, and speak to the NPCs upstairs. They will explain how to start.

Q: How long will the quest take?
A: This all depends on you. There are some people who have completed the SK quest in an hour, for others it takes up to 4-5 hours. Your progress is always saved though, so don't feel like you have to complete the quest in one go. Pace yourself.

Q: Is the quest dangerous?
A: The quest world is not designed to be 100% safe. You are an adventurer in this world, you should expect some level of danger. So long as you don't walk into fire expecting to not get burned, you should be fine when walking around the main towns.

Q: Can I show my friends how to do the quests?
A: No, this is against the rules and is a bannable offence. This is considered cheating.

Q: Can I keep extra items I get from the quests?
A: Sure, you have a completely different inventory in the quest world so you can keep anything you collect. You just can't bring it back to the main world with you. If your inventory is getting full, there is a chest outside the church in Port Sarim you can put items in for disposal.

Q: I came across an unlocked chest/furnace/brewing stand etc. Can I use it?
A: Unless it is specifically unlocked for you to complete a quest, you should report it to staff. Oversights happen, the occassional chest might get left unlocked. If you aren't sure whether or not you should be doing something, check with staff.

Q: I have an idea for a quest or something interesting that could be added to the town. Can I share it?
A: Certainly! We're always looking to improve the quest world experience. If you have an idea, post it here. We can't promise it will be implemented, but it will be looked at and considered by the team.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2017, 11:25 PM
RE: Quest world launch
YUUUUSSSS!!!!

[Image: RFWLJ45.jpg]

CLICKI 2.0
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-08-2017, 04:14 AM
(02-07-2017 09:12 PM)FrediW Wrote:  Q: Can I show my friends how to do the quests?
A: No, this is against the rules and is a bannable offence. This is considered cheating.

Just to clarify Fredi, if we're starting the quests for the first time as a group with 2 or 3 people, can we help each other along the way? Not showing how to do it, but more like "follow me" or "we have to find this guy" and stuff like that?
02-08-2017, 07:28 AM
(02-08-2017 04:14 AM)Andy1563 Wrote:  
(02-07-2017 09:12 PM)FrediW Wrote:  Q: Can I show my friends how to do the quests?

Just to clarify Fredi, if we're starting the quests for the first time as a group with 2 or 3 people, can we help each other along the way? Not showing how to do it, but more like "follow me" or "we have to find this guy" and stuff like that?

Playing in small teams if perfectly fine, yes.
02-08-2017, 08:20 AM
Yay !
02-08-2017, 08:23 AM
*goes crazy and has a dance party*
Thank you so much staff, I know you've been working long and hard on this. I'm sure it will pay off, from what I have seen on the map it looks awesome Wink

"I bet if there was a Minecraft movie, it would be a blockbuster." ~CreepingDespair
"Look at all dem MEESE" ~Sheepaleepz
02-08-2017, 09:23 AM
Is it allowed to give his vouncher away ?
02-08-2017, 10:30 AM
(02-08-2017 09:23 AM)SPY2016 Wrote:  Is it allowed to give his vouncher away ?

The vouchers are earned personally by doing quests. In fact there is no way to give items away in the quest world anyway, but vouchers must be earned by the people doing the quests. You cannot do the quests for someone else.
02-08-2017, 11:33 AM
Okaz thx for information.
02-08-2017, 11:42 AM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2017 11:47 AM by Xeta.)
Would it be a problem to return the quest map on the main page back to normal? I know that Port Sarim is the only area that can currently be accessed, but we've been able to see other parts of the map for as long as it's been up and I don't see why now is any different.
02-08-2017, 12:21 PM
To avoid ruining any surprise whilst works continues around the rest of the map, currently the overview map is limited to the areas open to players. As new areas are released they will be unveiled on the map. Currently only Port Sarim is available and I believe it will remain that way until the next area is opened up.

[Image: 7ciirExl.png]
02-08-2017, 02:59 PM
(02-08-2017 10:30 AM)CreepingDespair Wrote:  
(02-08-2017 09:23 AM)SPY2016 Wrote:  Is it allowed to give his vouncher away ?

The vouchers are earned personally by doing quests. In fact there is no way to give items away in the quest world anyway, but vouchers must be earned by the people doing the quests. You cannot do the quests for someone else.

We also have a list which player finished which quest. If you lose your voucher due to the inventory glitch or accidentally put it in the item disposal chest or whatever, we'll still be able to see that you earned it.
02-08-2017, 04:16 PM
No way to give items away, as in we can no longer drop them?

[Image: testsig.png]
02-08-2017, 07:57 PM
(02-08-2017 12:21 PM)WallyDonkey Wrote:  To avoid ruining any surprise whilst works continues around the rest of the map, currently the overview map is limited to the areas open to players.

Oh... I was checking the map at least once a month to check on progress... Doh.

(02-08-2017 02:59 PM)FrediW Wrote:  We also have a list which player finished which quest. If you lose your voucher due to the inventory glitch or accidentally put it in the item disposal chest or whatever, we'll still be able to see that you earned it.

Cole will be happy about this. He lost his when... 1. He died from falling off the ship sails. 2. The no drop came into effect.

(02-08-2017 04:16 PM)Angel_Of_Ender Wrote:  No way to give items away, as in we can no longer drop them?

Lol Yeah Angel... We nubs... (Spamsammich, AlexStar, WolfGrrrl and myself) helped staff out in the beta testing stage... finding the glitches in the game. LOL, didnt we what!!! Well it was fun finding all the things that could be exploited by players and I think we did good.
So... WE DID GOODERA GUYS. rofl. (reason I laugh on floor... U don't know what we did) Was all good don't worry.

02-09-2017, 01:52 AM
Hmph Tis. I found Rideable Horses, Nameable Cows, Chests to trade items instead of dropping and free jumping potions from a brewing stand(I found it JUST after I finished the Parkour. It was one of those the-universe-hates-you moments) and Super found diamond armor. We also tried to trade with a villager for a blast protection book but well, we didn't have a book.

[Image: MCNT_575155bb22163_2.png]
Generally being awesome on CV since 9th May 2015
Proud Mayor of Inferno CV 5.0
"I said too much! Curse my bread crumbs! ... wait no I need those."

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)