Current time: 12-13-2017, 01:17 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Join us on April 15th!
04-01-2017, 12:00 AM
Join us on April 15th!
Attention citizens & staff, you're invited to join us for the 6th official map reset of Cubeville!!

This is your official 2 weeks notice of the end of the 5.0 map! No, this is not an April fools joke. Wink On April 15th the server be transitioning into Rift Mode for the 6.0 map along with updating the server to 1.11!

Stay tuned for more details on what's coming to 6.0 when we get closer to the release! For now, we're happy to answer questions about the transition itself. Please keep any questions about new features for the next post! We'll be sure to tell you guys everything then.

[Image: x6Ra3Ah.jpg]

How do we decide when a map is dead?

Just when a map is starting to show it's age through issues such as progressively messy areas, a sudden influx of players or major lag, the SA’s start to take into consideration that a new map will be needed within the next year or so. The ultimate goal is to time it so that a new map is finished right around the time that the old one just starts to have major issues. While we would love to stay on the current map forever, we eventually do need to move on. We always try to be careful that we don't end a map too early and this time around it seems that our timing is pretty great as the lag hasn't let up much lately & I've gotten the impression that some of you are just starting to get a little bored or were expressing interest in a new map.

Do we get to keep our ranks?!

Yes, ranks transfer each map, no worries there.

How is it made/developed?

We try to time map changes with massive overhauls if at all possible since it makes the transition easier. Usually, this means that we do major plugin updates along with updating to the next massive Minecraft update so that we get (hopefully) the newest update out there. When choosing what version to update to, usually we're always behind by one as we have to update to the version that all of our plugins are currently updated to, in this case, we'll be transitioning to 1.11.2 instead of 1.12 (whenever that comes out). We'll update to 1.12 in a few months or once our plugins are updated along with 1.12 being released. (So colourful)

How does rift work?

At a predetermined time (we'll announce this in an upcoming, more detailed post once we get closer to release) the server will go down and come back up with all plugins disabled aside from security & staff powers for a period of no rules. Anything goes during a rift, including explosions. You'll be welcome to pvp & blow up anything and everything that you'd like as there'll be no chest locks or regions. The only rules kept during a rift are chat rules. Once rift is over, the transition to the new map will start once the server goes back down.

How does the map transfer work?

Once rift is over and the server goes down, the new map will uploaded immediately allowing us minimal downtime. Everyone will log in as new players with no items in the tutorial and will arrive in a brand new but fully empty CVC. The other worlds will be fully working with spawns and everything as normal. At this point, you'll be free to go into the brand new wild & start building! Farms will be provided & as always, additional melon supplies will be provided if needed for the first little while.

Don’t worry!

So, map transitions can be really scary. We need to do our best to support each other to help everyone transition smoothly. That being said, here are the things we need to keep in mind:
  • It's not the end- You'll get a world download at a later date, the builds aren't gone forever. You can load it up in singleplayer and visit anything you want, even continue playing.
  • It'll be fun!- New maps can be scary but they're a lot of fun too! With no shops and such people will actually have to go search for supplies and "work for a living"
  • Level playing field- Everyone will start fresh including the economy, no one brings anything, there's no shops, and no money. There'll be no rich people for a while.
  • Improve- It's a chance to try new things and start over, you can take what you learned from this map and make it even BETTER on the next! Make a 2.0 of your base, make more impressive house with new blocks etc.
  • The exploration update- Lots of brand new features, check it out here! http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Exploration_Update

[Image: eWUbdIH.png][Image: CNPSkellyBadge_zps10559d61.png]
"The command may be short, but the hammer is heavy..."
[Image: Clicki.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2017, 12:01 AM
RE: Join us on April 15th!
YAY FUN TIME!!!!!!!

Moni's Official Test Subject

I'm AFK. Well, not really. I'm just not paying attention to the game, but don't worry. I'm still paying attention to the game.
[Image: EE3QTGr.jpg]
[Image: V2MD2B0.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-01-2017, 12:02 AM
XD yeah! Can't wait!

[Image: xxg6nyT.png]
04-01-2017, 12:03 AM
:DDDDDD

"He's actually a sandwich"
-BlueFirebolt

"All hail our lord and master the sandwich king!"
-Cubee

[Image: 7iAQNGRm.jpg]
04-01-2017, 12:03 AM
Looks awesome! Big Grin

[Image: Jt1SIgc.png?1]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-01-2017, 12:04 AM
WOOO!! So excited Big Grin

04-01-2017, 12:08 AM
As excited as I am to have all the new space and restart, I'm going to miss this map, and all the great stuff that has been built here Confused.

http://www.cubeville.org/map/#/-2690/64/1086/-3/0/0

R.I.P. CV 5.0

I can't wait to see what will be built on the next map though Big Grin
04-01-2017, 12:11 AM
Glad to see this map finally coming to an end.
memories were made, but new ones await.
RIFT IS GOING TO BE EPIC!

<Deathsole> That's not orange jello... why do you keep trying to take a bath in it, %PLAYER%?
<Deathsole> You should look before you leap,%PLAYER%!
04-01-2017, 12:13 AM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2017 04:29 AM by Tisjstme.)
I knew this was coming... lol.
Well it has been 2y 2 mths on this map.
We'll be transitioning to 1.11.2... great can't wait for the parrots but will have to wait for 1.12... lol

04-01-2017, 12:16 AM
Really excited to see what kind of adventures the new map brings!
Thanks everyone for making this map a fantastic experience!
04-01-2017, 12:20 AM
So glad I spent the past month working on a future landmark heh

But I'm excited, too :D

"No lol" - Rosa Parks

[Image: xV9npGd.png]
04-01-2017, 12:31 AM
I'm so excited

Captain Clueless©

PJ's (Tristan's) Email
[Image: cct4UMF.png]

Either drowning in books or on CV. Other than that, just sleeping.

"There's no way I was just born to pay taxes and die"
04-01-2017, 12:51 AM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2017 12:53 AM by WeatherCats.)
Can't tell if real or early joke

Edit:
I barely read. Wow I'm a nub.

NUB
04-01-2017, 12:55 AM
(04-01-2017 12:51 AM)WeatherCats Wrote:  Can't tell if real or early joke

Edit:
I barely read. Wow I'm a nub.

Weathernub. Tongue

04-01-2017, 01:18 AM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2017 01:19 AM by SpamSammich.)
NOOOOOO bruhhh I'm like 80% done with my landmark come on seriously >.>

Will we at least get an explorable End dimension?

[Image: MCNT_575155bb22163_2.png]
Generally being awesome on CV since 9th May 2015
Proud Mayor of Inferno CV 5.0
"I said too much! Curse my bread crumbs! ... wait no I need those."

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)