Current time: 01-19-2018, 11:32 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Building in the End
12-07-2017, 01:55 PM
Smile Building in the End
After a change to the way that the end is regenerated, I am happy to announce that block breaking and placing is now allowed throughout the end, aside from the obvious areas such as spawn and the outer areas of the dragon pit.

What does that mean exactly?

Well, if you don't have elytra, you can now build bridges between islands to get to the end fortresses to go shulker hunting, lack of flying is no longer a disadvantage. You can now pillar up in the dragon arena to break the end crystals which heal it. You can make a temporary enderman grinder. You can tear down the pillars for obsidian, rip up an end city for purpur and generally raid the place to your hearts content.

However, please be aware that at random intervals the entire end dimension is reset. That means every block you place will disappear, and every block you break will reappear. Please do not build anything permanent in the end, it will be destroyed automatically and cannot be recovered.

If you have any questions, feel free to drop them here, but otherwise have fun destroying the previously beautiful and untouched end dimension ;)

[Image: 7ciirExl.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2017, 03:25 PM
RE: Building in the End
Ty! Smile

Hey can we use tnt/fire-balls? Bc obsidian & end-stone = TNT crazynes! ( plus it will re-set as u said XD)

if you wish to see my avatar please click the link: https://imgur.com/U9QtOQu : also, my old avatar is glichd out so at times avatars will switch automanicly.

”there are few problems that people understand” ~Teaddy Roseavelte, our productive president

Life-->entertainment-->games-->Minecraft-->Cubeville
12-07-2017, 07:48 PM
Seeing TnT is off in CV, I am guessing that it is still off. I could be wrong, but doubt it.

12-08-2017, 02:40 AM
(12-07-2017 01:55 PM)WallyDonkey Wrote:  After a change to the way that the end is regenerated, I am happy to announce that block breaking and placing is now allowed throughout the end, aside from the obvious areas such as spawn and the outer areas of the dragon pit.

What does that mean exactly?

Well, if you don't have elytra, you can now build bridges between islands to get to the end fortresses to go shulker hunting, lack of flying is no longer a disadvantage. You can now pillar up in the dragon arena to break the end crystals which heal it. You can make a temporary enderman grinder. You can tear down the pillars for obsidian, rip up an end city for purpur and generally raid the place to your hearts content.

However, please be aware that at random intervals the entire end dimension is reset. That means every block you place will disappear, and every block you break will reappear. Please do not build anything permanent in the end, it will be destroyed automatically and cannot be recovered.

If you have any questions, feel free to drop them here, but otherwise have fun destroying the previously beautiful and untouched end dimension Wink

Will there be a warning when the end is about to reset, and if it is will it be similar to how the farms reset?
12-08-2017, 08:18 AM
The end is reset during reboot on random days so there is no warning, but it won't happen while you're online.

[Image: 7ciirExl.png]
12-08-2017, 05:21 PM
(12-08-2017 08:18 AM)WallyDonkey Wrote:  The end is reset during reboot on random days so there is no warning, but it won't happen while you're online.

I hope we get warnings of the Reboot though like normal? Being offline won't be any good if someone is in a little hole they dug and ends up suffocating Smile

[Image: MCNT_575155bb22163_2.png]
Generally being awesome on CV since 9th May 2015
Proud Mayor of Inferno CV 5.0
"I said too much! Curse my bread crumbs! ... wait no I need those."
12-08-2017, 05:46 PM
(12-08-2017 05:21 PM)SpamSammich Wrote:  
(12-08-2017 08:18 AM)WallyDonkey Wrote:  The end is reset during reboot on random days so there is no warning, but it won't happen while you're online.

I hope we get warnings of the Reboot though like normal? Being offline won't be any good if someone is in a little hole they dug and ends up suffocating Smile

Yep, it's the normal reboots that come with a warning. The End has been being regenerated like this for awhile now, it is only the ability to build and break which is new.

[Image: LYIT17S.png]
12-08-2017, 08:04 PM
Even tho it has been getting regened already, I don't think this is what QD means. He's saying what happens in a situation like:
A person is say building a bridge and they are on it hanging over the void when they leave the game. On their return, the bridge is now gone and they have nowhere to stand, hence they fall into the void.

12-08-2017, 09:36 PM
(12-08-2017 08:04 PM)Tisjstme Wrote:  Even tho it has been getting regened already, I don't think this is what QD means. He's saying what happens in a situation like:
A person is say building a bridge and they are on it hanging over the void when they leave the game. On their return, the bridge is now gone and they have nowhere to stand, hence they fall into the void.

I think you always want to try to log off in a safe spot. Warning or not, the same thing could happen almost anywhere when you log off. You could log off in a nether fortress and find yourself falling in lava the next time you are on if someone mines the bricks. Or you could log off in a tunnel and be buried if someone fills it in.

I would say be extra cautious in the End because you know it's certainly going to regenerate sooner or later, but otherwise use the same approach as anywhere else. Try to find a relatively safe place. A bridge over the void is not a great place to log off even if the End didn't regenerate.
12-09-2017, 11:12 AM
Wooo awesome! Thank you guys so much! I've been waiting for this ouo

[Image: 9PZdmlDl.png]
12-09-2017, 11:59 AM
Finally! The end is actually fun again!

Founder of CV5 Premium town, Nautica
[Image: Mno66ti.png?2]
[Image: VFJSB86.png?1]
[Image: Ko66yoT.jpg?1]
12-09-2017, 01:02 PM
(12-09-2017 11:59 AM)appygal Wrote:  Finally! The end is actually fun again!

The END was ALLWAYS fun! Smile

NOW ITZ EVON FUNNER! Big Grin XD

if you wish to see my avatar please click the link: https://imgur.com/U9QtOQu : also, my old avatar is glichd out so at times avatars will switch automanicly.

”there are few problems that people understand” ~Teaddy Roseavelte, our productive president

Life-->entertainment-->games-->Minecraft-->Cubeville
12-09-2017, 06:48 PM
(12-08-2017 09:36 PM)Andy1563 Wrote:  
(12-08-2017 08:04 PM)Tisjstme Wrote:  QD was saying what happens in a situation like:

I think you always want to try to log off in a safe spot.
Try to find a relatively safe place.

Yeah, I know what u mean Andy. I was just saying what QD said.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)