Current time: 01-19-2018, 11:33 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Gif Avatars.
12-11-2017, 07:03 PM
Gif Avatars.
Okay, so I changed my avatar because I made a gif to use as my new avatar. But even though I'm using the gif url (I uploaded the gif to imgur) It doesn't play the gif. I clicked "small square" so it would fit the image size restrictions. Maybe that has something to do with it? Please help .-.

Original picture:

https://i.imgur.com/yn2vMqW.gif

[Image: 9PZdmlDl.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2017, 07:23 PM
RE: Gif Avatars.
Umm well mine is saved to my computer that I got from google (made sure it was 120x120 first along with size).

Are you using the 'image link' or 'Direct link' when you copy it from your imgur? As far as I know the 'Original gif link' is the one that works but I could be wrong.
My best bet if that doesn't work is to just save it to your computer files and work from there.

[Image: cwlf6yV.jpg?1]
~Livin' the laifu~
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-11-2017, 10:28 PM
(12-11-2017 07:23 PM)AnimeOtaku14 Wrote:  Umm well mine is saved to my computer that I got from google (made sure it was 120x120 first along with size).

Are you using the 'image link' or 'Direct link' when you copy it from your imgur? As far as I know the 'Original gif link' is the one that works but I could be wrong.
My best bet if that doesn't work is to just save it to your computer files and work from there.

I used the direct link. The original gif link didn't show up when I clicked "small square" but it did show up when I clicked original size.

12-11-2017, 10:43 PM
Ohhh yeah you're right. Just try right-clicking on the image while it's pulled up in imgur, clicking 'save as' then just save it as a GIF to somewhere you can find it like your desktop. Then go to where you can change your avatar on forums and click 'Choose file' and find where you saved it. Should work from there.

~Livin' the laifu~
12-11-2017, 10:46 PM
(12-11-2017 10:43 PM)AnimeOtaku14 Wrote:  Ohhh yeah you're right. Just try right-clicking on the image while it's pulled up in imgur, clicking 'save as' then just save it as a GIF to somewhere you can find it like your desktop. Then go to where you can change your avatar on forums and click 'Choose file' and find where you saved it. Should work from there.

It says that the file isn't a valid file. ._.

12-11-2017, 10:58 PM
(12-11-2017 10:46 PM)Sheepaleepz Wrote:  
(12-11-2017 10:43 PM)AnimeOtaku14 Wrote:  Ohhh yeah you're right. Just try right-clicking on the image while it's pulled up in imgur, clicking 'save as' then just save it as a GIF to somewhere you can find it like your desktop. Then go to where you can change your avatar on forums and click 'Choose file' and find where you saved it. Should work from there.

Bizzare, I just tried it and it worked. You sure it's saved as a gif?

~Livin' the laifu~
12-11-2017, 11:03 PM
(12-11-2017 10:58 PM)AnimeOtaku14 Wrote:  

Yup :I

12-11-2017, 11:05 PM
(12-11-2017 11:03 PM)Sheepaleepz Wrote:  

Try saving this to your desktop and going back to change your avatar with the file below.
[Image: v4DKnjM.gif?1]

~Livin' the laifu~
12-12-2017, 07:54 AM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2017 07:56 AM by vip2kea.)

Incase you never noticed links only work in certain browsers, when you do an anamated gifer like what you where trying to do, just a anamate it with paint then combine both files with the file screw, then put the file in here with the “change avatar” button! OR if you are usesing an iPad to do this, then press “gallery” in “change avatar” & pic mutuel pics like what you do for stop-notion_anamation! Smile

Well... at least that’s how I did mine XD

(12-11-2017 11:05 PM)AnimeOtaku14 Wrote:  

Try saving this to your desktop and going back to change your avatar with the file below.

Nvm he knows more then me (finally, I don’t like 5 hour manus like what I did XD)

if you wish to see my avatar please click the link: https://imgur.com/U9QtOQu : also, my old avatar is glichd out so at times avatars will switch automanicly.

”there are few problems that people understand” ~Teaddy Roseavelte, our productive president

Life-->entertainment-->games-->Minecraft-->Cubeville
12-12-2017, 07:34 PM
(12-11-2017 11:05 PM)AnimeOtaku14 Wrote:  

Huh, weird that seemed to work. Thanks.

12-12-2017, 07:49 PM
I noticed the file in your imgur was a video file, not a gif so maybe that was it (?). I just converted it to a gif and shrunk it from there.

Anyways you're welcome and looks great~ Smile

~Livin' the laifu~

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)