Current time: 01-19-2018, 11:31 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
CV Memories With Friends
12-18-2017, 08:43 PM
Photo CV Memories With Friends
Hello, old friends and new faces. You all probably don't know me, but I go by Hug, and I used to frequent this server on the 3rd and 4th maps. Now, I've drifted far away from Minecraft, but upon stumbling on my screenshots folder, I set out on a nostalgia-filled quest to find my old home on the 4th map, Aerious, and relive the great memories that were had there. I've decided to make it into a thread where everyone can share stories of their old builds from maps past. Here's my story!
---
Long long ago, in like, 2013 or something, I had two great friends that I had made on Cubeville. Their usernames were Rappa77 and YoshifanDX (I hope they don't mind me posting this... they haven't been on in ages anyways) and we used to have all kinds of adventures together. When the 3rd map was reset, Rappa started a project to build an airship, later dubbed "Aerious", secluded in the middle of an almost untouched jungle. Yoshi, Rappa, and I all lived there up until the map was reset. And boy, was it fun!
My greatest memory was Rappa's birthday. Yoshi and I threw him a little party at Aerious. We brought him a cake and some nice items. Then we just ended up throwing all the unused eggs from the cake all around the ship. Up until the end of the map, we still had at least one chicken living in Aerious.
[Image: sTwtuwU.png]
[Image: plylMUK.png]
So much fun.
I don't know why, but when I saw my old screenshots and remembered my old buddies, a total wave of nostalgia flooded over me. I knew what I had to do, and I wouldn't be satisfied until it was done. So, I downloaded CV 4.0, and tracked down Aerious. It took me more than an hour.
[Image: 0ZxpkM6.png]
This is what I was greeted with. Well, I've read it now, which counts for... something? I guess?
[Image: oRQQ8Sm.png]
We had a self-aware talking anvil on board who spoke frequently.
[Image: 1qUGXQ1.png]
Finally, the bottom level of the ship. I feel like I should add that Rappa built most or all of this himself, so I don't want to take the credit for his beautiful work. Anyways, you can see our little chicken friend there, and in the back was our little mailboxes, where we would share messages via book and quills and hoppers. It was a really fun time. Makes me wish we stayed in touch. If you have any good CV pals, hold on to them! You'll miss them... ;__;

---
So, what memories do you have of friends and builds on previous maps? Leave a response, I'd love to hear! Hope I placed this in the right category and that it's not a redundant thread or anything. It's been a while!

[Image: iVvw5LC.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-18-2017, 10:03 PM
RE: CV Memories With Friends
B.O.W

Retired Mayor of Saint Redwood.
IGN: MichaelSteve
Find all posts by this user
12-19-2017, 10:03 AM (This post was last modified: 12-19-2017 10:05 AM by vip2kea.)
(12-18-2017 08:43 PM)Hug_acreeper Wrote:  Hello, old friends and new faces. You all probably don't know me, but I go by Hug, and I used to frequent this server on the 3rd and 4th maps. Now, I've drifted far away from Minecraft, but upon stumbling on my screenshots folder, I set out on a nostalgia-filled quest to find my old home on the 4th map, Aerious, and relive the great memories that were had there. I've decided to make it into a thread where everyone can share stories of their old builds from maps past. Here's my story!
---
Long long ago, in like, 2013 or something, I had two great friends that I had made on Cubeville. Their usernames were Rappa77 and YoshifanDX (I hope they don't mind me posting this... they haven't been on in ages anyways) and we used to have all kinds of adventures together. When the 3rd map was reset, Rappa started a project to build an airship, later dubbed "Aerious", secluded in the middle of an almost untouched jungle. Yoshi, Rappa, and I all lived there up until the map was reset. And boy, was it fun!
My greatest memory was Rappa's birthday. Yoshi and I threw him a little party at Aerious. We brought him a cake and some nice items. Then we just ended up throwing all the unused eggs from the cake all around the ship. Up until the end of the map, we still had at least one chicken living in Aerious.
[Image: sTwtuwU.png]
[Image: plylMUK.png]
So much fun.
I don't know why, but when I saw my old screenshots and remembered my old buddies, a total wave of nostalgia flooded over me. I knew what I had to do, and I wouldn't be satisfied until it was done. So, I downloaded CV 4.0, and tracked down Aerious. It took me more than an hour.
[Image: 0ZxpkM6.png]
This is what I was greeted with. Well, I've read it now, which counts for... something? I guess?
[Image: oRQQ8Sm.png]
We had a self-aware talking anvil on board who spoke frequently.
[Image: 1qUGXQ1.png]
Finally, the bottom level of the ship. I feel like I should add that Rappa built most or all of this himself, so I don't want to take the credit for his beautiful work. Anyways, you can see our little chicken friend there, and in the back was our little mailboxes, where we would share messages via book and quills and hoppers. It was a really fun time. Makes me wish we stayed in touch. If you have any good CV pals, hold on to them! You'll miss them... ;__;

---
So, what memories do you have of friends and builds on previous maps? Leave a response, I'd love to hear! Hope I placed this in the right category and that it's not a redundant thread or anything. It's been a while!
ah yes another older coming back to the present, not many peopel stayed on CV from maps 3 & 4, except Gary, Tis, & moni, Glad your back, i remember seeing your username in chat when i 1st joined CV back on map 4, tho idk if it was a mentchon or you chating.
well Welcome back anyways. :} i saw you say something in chat yestorday so you allready came back.

sadly i have no pics from before the end of map 5 4 proof.

{oh btw youshi still comes on CV once in like, idk how long}

if you wish to see my avatar please click the link: https://imgur.com/U9QtOQu : also, my old avatar is glichd out so at times avatars will switch automanicly.

”there are few problems that people understand” ~Teaddy Roseavelte, our productive president

Life-->entertainment-->games-->Minecraft-->Cubeville
12-19-2017, 12:33 PM
Hey, I remember you from map 4. I’m glad you came by to say hi!
12-19-2017, 08:15 PM
Hi Hugz, how u doing girl... yeah I am still here, since map 3 (about Aug 2012 I started). So many of the oldies as I call them, (the players from map 3 or early map 4) have left CV and only a few drop in to see how things are and ur one of them.
The names in ur screenies are gone... Pjamieson, Parasw, Rappa, Ptown, Banjo, Yoshi, Pound, Geek and Butter. A few did come back to say 'Hi' in the last few mths, like Geek. I miss the old friends.
I lost a lot of old screenies on old pc, so don't have a lot, but I do have map 4 Dragonvale ones, from both rifts too.
So much has happened since u were here. We now have FrediW doing GG's work.. talking about GG he was on two days ago.. which was nice to see/hear from him.
Any way, I hope life is treating u well, and take care.

12-20-2017, 11:28 AM
(12-19-2017 08:15 PM)Tisjstme Wrote:  Hi Hugz, how u doing girl... yeah I am still here, since map 3 (about Aug 2012 I started). So many of the oldies as I call them, (the players from map 3 or early map 4) have left CV and only a few drop in to see how things are and ur one of them.
The names in ur screenies are gone... Pjamieson, Parasw, Rappa, Ptown, Banjo, Yoshi, Pound, Geek and Butter. A few did come back to say 'Hi' in the last few mths, like Geek. I miss the old friends.
I lost a lot of old screenies on old pc, so don't have a lot, but I do have map 4 Dragonvale ones, from both rifts too.
So much has happened since u were here. We now have FrediW doing GG's work.. talking about GG he was on two days ago.. which was nice to see/hear from him.
Any way, I hope life is treating u well, and take care.

Ptowns still here

if you wish to see my avatar please click the link: https://imgur.com/U9QtOQu : also, my old avatar is glichd out so at times avatars will switch automanicly.

”there are few problems that people understand” ~Teaddy Roseavelte, our productive president

12-20-2017, 07:41 PM
I thought Ptown wasn't on much these days. Guess I am wrong.

12-20-2017, 08:29 PM
(12-20-2017 07:41 PM)Tisjstme Wrote:  I thought Ptown wasn't on much these days. Guess I am wrong.

[Image: MCNT_575155bb22163_2.png]
Generally being awesome on CV since 9th May 2015
Proud Mayor of Inferno CV 5.0
"I said too much! Curse my bread crumbs! ... wait no I need those."
12-20-2017, 11:14 PM
(12-20-2017 07:41 PM)Tisjstme Wrote:  I thought Ptown wasn't on much these days. Guess I am wrong.

theres many people you don't c online anymore who still play cv regerly tis, ptown is less active then reglyer, but still comes on almost every month/week

12-22-2017, 02:34 PM
Hey, Hug! Good to see you again! I hope you've been doing well ^-^

I really liked last map because I hung out with a biiiig group: Ara, Mossy, Cam, Blue, Xeta, Dusk, Girly, Loki, Pink, Phys, Gold, Ender, Angel, Lore... Did I get everyone?? Anyway, Ara came up with nicknames for everyone that ended with "face". I can't remember all of them, but here are the ones I do remember: Micface, Mossface, Elfface(?), Glowface, Prismface, and Breadface. Man, we had a lot of fun... since most of them have gone inactive, I havent had as much fun as I used to. But hey! I still try to enjoy whatever I can.

~ "Do more of what makes you happy" ~
12-22-2017, 06:32 PM (This post was last modified: 12-22-2017 06:41 PM by duskflower.)
The beginning of my Cubeville experience was also in the beginning of the late 2013 (Map 4) era you’re talking about, Hug. Global was filled with amazing Mol, Redstarling and RedstoneGeek banter. Global then was very similar to a big group chat (it was way before that feature rolled around). It was glorious.

The story I want to highlight actually began at the end of Map 4, when I returned after a long hiatus. I was bemoaning the end of aforementioned era and the wasteland Map 4 was at the time (it probably should have ended a long while before then, but I’m glad it didn’t) to discover squatters in my home. I lived in a very tall tower that became an apartment of sorts with a different person on every floor. This “squatter” was named Girlygeek, and she was invited there by another resident (that I didn’t know work and had presumed to be long-inactive), Vanellope. Though my feathers were initially ruffled I gained two amazing friends that carried over to the beginning of next map. I hung out at their village and met another strange person: Blue. He was nice and would sit through our horse funerals. A great guy who eventually became a really close friend.

We all kind of moved to Maple Leaf Peak and I was inducted into the same group chat that Wish is talking about (I’m part of the coveted ‘was in that group chat before Blue’ club). It was amazing and everyone was amazing and that remains the highlight of my Cubeville experience. It was goofy and messy and beautiful. It still lives on, in part, this map but I do wish I could go back for a day to when Aralynn, Mossy and many of the other now-inactive users were there (whilst simultaneously taking the new, AMAZING people from this iteration of the group chat with me). There were lots of parties, pranks and spleef. Gosh, those chat logs and screenshots are fun to read. Ara made a chibi pile drawing (http://www.cubeville.org/forum/thread-10320.html ) of all the members around the time I joined. If she redid it even a few months later it would be twice as big.

I’m less active now but I still have a major soft spot for Cubeville and it makes me happy that people are living similar experiences right now. -insert Circle of Life gif- It’s always nice to know when one era ends another always begins, and it’s always fantastic.

[Image: duskflower.png]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)