Current time: 01-19-2018, 11:22 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Cubeville Map Downloads
05-13-2017, 09:22 PM
RE: Cubeville Map Downloads
(05-13-2017 08:46 PM)SPY2016 Wrote:  Ty do I have to wntpack it first ?

Yes. In windows, just open the file and copy the CV5 folder that is in the archive to your saves folder.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-14-2017, 03:18 AM
Thanks it works. Wink
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-14-2017, 10:56 AM (This post was last modified: 05-14-2017 10:56 AM by Andy1563.)
Out of curiosity are the mobs usually missing from the CV downloads? All the villagers and animals are missing when I loaded the up the CV5 save. I transferred saves games from single player before to different computers, but I haven't seen that happen before.
05-14-2017, 01:10 PM
I think because of this: Entities = lots of data
Abd then the map would be too big. Wink
05-14-2017, 06:39 PM
Map 3 has all it's entities. I know cause mine were all at home. Not sure of map 4, haven't downloaded that one yet.

05-17-2017, 07:57 AM
I extracted the folder into my saves, although it's not showing up. Help?

[Image: 9PZdmlDl.png]
05-17-2017, 12:38 PM
The folder Extracts into a folder usually. You need the folder inside the folder in your saves file.

CV5 (This is what is extracts)
-CV5 (This is what you need in your saves)
-data and other folders...

It's super weird that extracting still does this. I redirect them all the time to save re-copying stuff later. I hope this makes sense. I don't do pix on here yet. Have not taken the time to figure it out.
05-17-2017, 01:11 PM
I didn't have to extract anything? all I did was move the folder into the saves file.
CV5 feels like a ghost town, its weird. I do enjoy flying around in spectator looking at all the underground builds.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1829]
05-17-2017, 04:01 PM
(05-17-2017 12:38 PM)WildGoat Wrote:  The folder Extracts into a folder usually. You need the folder inside the folder in your saves file.

CV5 (This is what is extracts)
-CV5 (This is what you need in your saves)
-data and other folders...

It's super weird that extracting still does this. I redirect them all the time to save re-copying stuff later. I hope this makes sense. I don't do pix on here yet. Have not taken the time to figure it out.

Yup, I got it to work! Thank you Wild Big Grin

[Image: 9PZdmlDl.png]
05-18-2017, 10:27 AM
(05-14-2017 10:56 AM)Andy1563 Wrote:  Out of curiosity are the mobs usually missing from the CV downloads? All the villagers and animals are missing when I loaded the up the CV5 save. I transferred saves games from single player before to different computers, but I haven't seen that happen before.

CV 4 had the mobs still there, my favorite horse was still in his stall in the stable at Polaris. My favorite donkey that carried tons of goods to my shop was still in his place. CV3 and CV5 both had the mobs missing Sad

[Image: eJxzLk1KLcvMyUnVyy9K5zIyNTUz5XKGiXH5Zual...BMMRHz.png]

Cool
05-18-2017, 11:34 AM
(05-18-2017 10:27 AM)uncbean101 Wrote:  
(05-14-2017 10:56 AM)Andy1563 Wrote:  Out of curiosity are the mobs usually missing from the CV downloads? All the villagers and animals are missing when I loaded the up the CV5 save. I transferred saves games from single player before to different computers, but I haven't seen that happen before.

CV 4 had the mobs still there, my favorite horse was still in his stall in the stable at Polaris. My favorite donkey that carried tons of goods to my shop was still in his place. CV3 and CV5 both had the mobs missing Sad

I really just downloaded it to get the schematics I forgot to get before the map ended so I'm not really intending to play it, but I was just wondering about it. I noticed the mobs and maps were missing, but I wasn't sure if this was intentional to decrease the download size or if something went wrong with the download.

The CV4 map zip file was at 1.68GB, while the CV5 one is at 1.38GB. The only thing I really noticed looking at the CV5 one is it's missing the DIM1 and DIM-1 data (nether and end dimensions), and the mineshaft.dat file was missing from the overworld data.

I guess I had always assumed the mob data was stored with the regions, which is why I was curious.
05-18-2017, 12:20 PM
The mob data is stored with the region data, that's right. The map was processed with MCEdit once to remove written books, I assume they got lost in that process (as did the item frames which I noticed first).

We're thinking of making another release some time later, maybe we can include the entities then, as well as the nether and the end (and dusk's books for the dusk trail which I find a great idea Smile ).
05-18-2017, 05:45 PM
(05-18-2017 12:20 PM)FrediW Wrote:  The mob data is stored with the region data, that's right. The map was processed with MCEdit once to remove written books, I assume they got lost in that process (as did the item frames which I noticed first).

We're thinking of making another release some time later, maybe we can include the entities then, as well as the nether and the end (and dusk's books for the dusk trail which I find a great idea Smile ).

OK that makes sense. Thanks.
05-18-2017, 07:34 PM
(05-18-2017 10:27 AM)uncbean101 Wrote:  
(05-14-2017 10:56 AM)Andy1563 Wrote:  Out of curiosity are the mobs usually missing from the CV downloads? All the villagers and animals are missing.

CV 4 had the mobs still there. CV3 and CV5 both had the mobs missing Sad

Unc, I said up a few posts, that there were animals on map 3.

12-10-2017, 12:01 PM
How exactly do I get onto the maps? I've downloaded it but what do I do now xD

[Image: vMI1Hxhl.png]
'I have not betrayed. To betray is to act against. I just haven't acted at all.'

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)