Current time: 10-20-2017, 11:46 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Cubeville Mumble Server
03-31-2014, 07:20 PM
Cubeville Mumble Server
As of today, Cubeville has an official Mumble server! If you're not familiar with Mumble, it's a voice chat server that will allow you to talk to other members of the Cubeville community over microphone! Downloads are available at the link above, under the "Get Mumble" section. Once you've installed and configured the client, follow the instructions below to connect to Cubeville's server.

1. Open the "Server" menu and click "Connect"
  2. Click "Add New..." at the bottom of the window
  3. Enter "cubeville.org" under address, 64738 under port, and your Minecraft username.
    • You must use your Minecraft username or you'll be unable to talk or hear others!
  4. Click "OK" to add the server, then hit "Connect"

If all goes well, you should be connected to the server, look for a welcome message on the left to be sure! You may also notice you've been muted upon entry. In order to get yourself unmuted, you'll have to verify your username by logging into Cubeville. Once you're logged in to both the minecraft and mumble servers (make sure your usernames match!), follow the instructions below to link your accounts.

1. Right click your name in Mumble and hit "Register"
  2. On Cubeville, enter the command "/mumble register"
  3. Look for your verification code in the Mumble client
  4. On Cubeville, enter "/mumble register <code>"

You'll only need to link your accounts once, on subsequent logins you should be good to go.

Incorrect Password/Invalid Certificate Errors

When you first setup the client, it generates a certificate that gets saved on your computer. When you register on a server, this certificate is linked to your username and acts as a security method to prevent other people from taking your name. If you ever generate a new certificate (or try to connect from a different computer without transferring a copy of your certificate) you'll be unable to login with your username.

If you have lost your original cerficiate, you will need to contact an admin+ (send a PM on the forums or ingame, or file a modreq) to have your account reset. Once this is done, you will have to go through the account linking process at the top of this post again.

Transferring Certificates

If you want to connect to your mumble account from multiple PCs, you'll need a copy of your certificate on each one. In order to transfer certificates, the first thing you'll want to do is get a copy of the certificate from the computer you registered with. You can do this by opening the mumble client, and choosing "Configure" -> "Certificate Wizard" in the menu. Select "Export current certificate" and choose a location to save it to. Once you've saved this file, you can transfer it between computers via dropbox, a flash drive, etc. On the other computer, you'll want to open the mumble client and go back to the certificate wizard. This time, select "Import a certificate" and find the file you saved it to. If all goes well you should be able to connect with the same username.

I haven't used the mobile app, but assuming you're using the official one for iOS you should be able to transfer your certificate by following the instructions here.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-31-2014, 07:23 PM
RE: Cubeville Mumble Server
Awesome! This will help a lot to get to know other members. although I'm not much of a skype person Big Grin

[Image: 1b8cae829e.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
03-31-2014, 07:32 PM
(03-31-2014 07:23 PM)77nascar7777 Wrote:  I'm not much of a skype person Big Grin

Good thing it's not Skype! Tongue

"Work is made not to be done" -GoalieGuy6
[Image: jpd.png]
[Image: randomrob7.png]
03-31-2014, 07:33 PM
sounds great goalie cant wait to use it

“There’s a lot of things you need to get across this universe. Warp drive… wormhole refractors… You know the thing you need most of all? You need a hand to hold.”
-The Doctor
[Image: smellyboyz.png]
[Image: sVcOnkg.png]
03-31-2014, 08:00 PM
Nice touch linking the Mumble account to the in-game username.

I don't like that man. I must get to know him better.
03-31-2014, 08:13 PM
Um, this isn't gonna work for me with the username linking thing because I made a mumble certificate for MS_HD and then deleted it or something so now there's no way for me to change my Mumble back to that... I'm currently using mumble as MS_HD-Laptop, how am I gonna link it...

[Image: ohZ8tpF.png]
03-31-2014, 08:13 PM
(03-31-2014 07:32 PM)randomrob7 Wrote:  
(03-31-2014 07:23 PM)77nascar7777 Wrote:  I'm not much of a skype person Big Grin

Good thing it's not Skype! Tongue

I was referring to any voice related software.

03-31-2014, 08:34 PM
(03-31-2014 08:13 PM)MSHD Wrote:  Um, this isn't gonna work for me with the username linking thing because I made a mumble certificate for MS_HD and then deleted it or something so now there's no way for me to change my Mumble back to that... I'm currently using mumble as MS_HD-Laptop, how am I gonna link it...

Pretty sure the certs are per server. If that is the case, I believe server admin can remove your account, allowing it to be re-created.

I don't like that man. I must get to know him better.
03-31-2014, 09:18 PM
(03-31-2014 08:34 PM)wacktopia Wrote:  
(03-31-2014 08:13 PM)MSHD Wrote:  Um, this isn't gonna work for me with the username linking thing because I made a mumble certificate for MS_HD and then deleted it or something so now there's no way for me to change my Mumble back to that... I'm currently using mumble as MS_HD-Laptop, how am I gonna link it...

Pretty sure the certs are per server. If that is the case, I believe server admin can remove your account, allowing it to be re-created.

Created my MS_HD certificate and it works, they are per server Big Grin thanks so much wack

[Image: ohZ8tpF.png]
03-31-2014, 10:22 PM
next goalie, you will have to link it to their UUID's no their usernames...

~Astrorious
[Image: 49679_s.gif]
DA|YT
04-01-2014, 05:47 PM
My parents have a few questions about this :L
• How closly moderated will it be
• How many warnings does language have
• Can anyone in the world randomly join it
• How old will the people in the chat be

Thanks.

Account No Longer In Use
04-01-2014, 06:02 PM
I like this Big Grin

[Image: 0YM2yVA.gif]
"To be great is to be misunderstood." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
[Image: by2wde-5.png]
04-01-2014, 06:09 PM
(04-01-2014 05:47 PM)ZakiLFC Wrote:  My parents have a few questions about this :L

Thanks.

1) Moderation will be similar to what we have ingame. Staff will be online when possible, but staff activity may be a bit lower than on the server.
2) Our no tolerance policy on swearing carries over to voice chat too. All staff members are equipped with the abilities to mute, kick, and ban players if the need arises. In the case that someone is swearing with no staff around, obviously we recommend reporting that user so we can keep an eye on them, and you also have the option to ignore specific users.
3) Yes, in the same manner that anyone with a Minecraft account can join Cubeville. Like I detailed in the first post though, people are unable to talk or hear others until they link to a Minecraft account.
4) Seeing as it's open to everyone, this isn't really something I can answer. I would imagine similarities to the range of players we have on Cubeville, although due to the nature of voice chat it'll probably be skewed a bit more to the older crowd.
04-01-2014, 06:16 PM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2014 06:16 PM by randomrob7.)
(04-01-2014 05:47 PM)ZakiLFC Wrote:  My parents have a few questions about this :L

Thanks.

1. During the peak hours of Cubefest there will most likely be a large amount of staff on, who all have the access to some useful moderation tools.

2. There isn't a specified amount of warnings, but players who aren't following the rules will be dealt with. A one time slip up from an otherwise controlled player will earn them a warning, but anything more than that isn't acceptable.

3. Only players that have linked their accounts to Cubeville will be able to chat and listen to chat.

4. As a rough guess I would say most players using CV's Mumble are teenagers and young to middle aged adults. However, there is no age restriction, so anyone can join.

(04-01-2014 06:09 PM)GoalieGuy6 Wrote:  

Thanks.

1) Moderation will be similar to what we have ingame. Staff will be online when possible, but staff activity may be a bit lower than on the server.
2) Our no tolerance policy on swearing carries over to voice chat too. All staff members are equipped with the abilities to mute, kick, and ban players if the need arises. In the case that someone is swearing with no staff around, obviously we recommend reporting that user so we can keep an eye on them, and you also have the option to ignore specific users.
3) Yes, in the same manner that anyone with a Minecraft account can join Cubeville. Like I detailed in the first post though, people are unable to talk or hear others until they link to a Minecraft account.
4) Seeing as it's open to everyone, this isn't really something I can answer. I would imagine similarities to the range of players we have on Cubeville, although due to the nature of voice chat it'll probably be skewed a bit more to the older crowd.

Beat me to it Sad

"Work is made not to be done" -GoalieGuy6
[Image: jpd.png]
[Image: randomrob7.png]
04-01-2014, 10:04 PM
I tried out the mumble and it creates a huge new way to experience cubeville and minecraft. Love the staff who are on and the players. I'll be using Mumble a lot now :3

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)