Current time: 07-18-2019, 01:53 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
New Album on SoundCloud
06-11-2019, 08:00 PM
RE: New Album on SoundCloud
Sounded good. U do some cool techno music.. if that's what its called. Smile
In the one that followed it I heard 2 groups of notes/music that I have heard before in other songs/music.
This is what I was meaning/talking about when I said 'one can not go without copy-writing music any more'. It's almost impossible to make a song/music these days without having someone else's music/song in what you say is an original piece. Not saying that u copied or anything here... just stating that NO ONE can these days make an original piece without at least 2 bars being heard before.
But I think that the whole copy-write thing should be overhauled now days, cause of this fact. And that if a piece is over say 50 years that its fair game to use it again but with revamping, unless it has been revamped since then. Then that is copy-write only if used in its original copied state. So in that example you gave me I see no reason why both versions of the revamped 'April Showers' cant be used... cause, 1. the original is over 50 yrs old. 2. the first of the 2 copies had a beat change and sounded so different to the original. 3. the third dude, NateyG, had the original in the background of a newer rap newer worded song. So in this case the first dude did NOT copyright NateyG, cause they both had their own versions of an outdated song.
This is just my views on how copy-writing should be dealt with these days.

[Image: gH5DYm3.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2019, 09:09 PM
(06-11-2019 08:00 PM)Tisjstme Wrote:  Sounded good. U do some cool techno music.. if that's what its called. Smile
In the one that followed it I heard 2 groups of notes/music that I have heard before in other songs/music.
This is what I was meaning/talking about when I said 'one can not go without copy-writing music any more'. It's almost impossible to make a song/music these days without having someone else's music/song in what you say is an original piece. Not saying that u copied or anything here... just stating that NO ONE can these days make an original piece without at least 2 bars being heard before.
But I think that the whole copy-write thing should be overhauled now days, cause of this fact. And that if a piece is over say 50 years that its fair game to use it again but with revamping, unless it has been revamped since then. Then that is copy-write only if used in its original copied state. So in that example you gave me I see no reason why both versions of the revamped 'April Showers' cant be used... cause, 1. the original is over 50 yrs old. 2. the first of the 2 copies had a beat change and sounded so different to the original. 3. the third dude, NateyG, had the original in the background of a newer rap newer worded song. So in this case the first dude did NOT copyright NateyG, cause they both had their own versions of an outdated song.
This is just my views on how copy-writing should be dealt with these days.

Thanks! Techno is the correct terminology, but I do other genres of electronic music too such as new age and synthpop. I might post my cover of that song if I can get around to it. Smile

I agree with you. The copyright laws are really messed up, especially with the DMCA (at least in the US). It is irritating how companies and individuals will try to exploit the copyright system. As a content creator, I am always walking a fine line when it comes to how much inspiration to take because, as you said, most everything has been used before in some form. I can be noodling around on my keyboard and play a riff that is from a song that I was not even thinking of when I was playing.

[Image: 1zgJ2og.jpg]
"Some days stay a thousand years, some pass like the flash of a spark. Who knows where all our days go?"
-East of Eden, Big Country
06-12-2019, 09:13 PM
So true Comm.
Cool.. I will have to have a listen to it.

[Image: gH5DYm3.png]
06-12-2019, 10:21 PM
(06-12-2019 09:13 PM)Tisjstme Wrote:  So true Comm.
Cool.. I will have to have a listen to it.

I'll be sure to post a link to it in this thread once I get it put up. Big Grin

[Image: 1zgJ2og.jpg]
"Some days stay a thousand years, some pass like the flash of a spark. Who knows where all our days go?"
-East of Eden, Big Country

User(s) browsing this thread: