Current time: 05-21-2019, 01:14 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
[Guide] Popular Guide to Installing Shaders (SEUS' Shaders/Optifine HD) [Windows]
12-31-2016, 12:13 PM
RE: [Guide] Popular Guide to Installing Shaders (SEUS' Shaders/Optifine HD) [Windows]
(12-31-2016 11:25 AM)Sheepaleepz Wrote:  Here's a screenshot, the "Okay" is grayed out so I can't click it >.<

Do you have Java Runtime Environment installed on your computer? That might be why you are unable to run the .jar files. :-)

[Image: cb8b258761.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-31-2016, 12:18 PM
RE: [Guide] Popular Guide to Installing Shaders (SEUS' Shaders/Optifine HD) [Windows]
I have no idea what the heck that is lol. I know what Java is and I'd assume I'd have it downloaded due to being able to run minecraft since MC uses Java.

[Image: 9PZdmlDl.png]
12-31-2016, 08:43 PM
(12-31-2016 12:18 PM)Sheepaleepz Wrote:  I have no idea what the heck that is lol. I know what Java is and I'd assume I'd have it downloaded due to being able to run minecraft since MC uses Java.

You could try downloading/updating it, to see if it would make it work :-)
Link to downloading and updating is here, do be aware, that during the install-process, Oracles partnership with Yahoo, will recommend you changing your browser to Yahoo search engine. Feel free to switch to Yahoo if you want, personally I prefer Google, just want to make you aware so it does not go by without paying attention. :-)

01-01-2017, 11:44 AM
Okay thank you, I'm gonna need to have my dad type in his master password so I can actually install it. He did that when I got grounded from the computer for two days. :/
Hopefully he's okay with me downloading a mod >.<

[Image: 9PZdmlDl.png]
05-13-2017, 12:53 PM (This post was last modified: 05-13-2017 12:53 PM by appygal.)
Just actually tried this out (took me long enough, i know)
And I must say, brilliant guide, unlike many others on the internet.

Here's what I started with

[Image: brehv2s.png]

And here's what I ended up with Smile

[Image: IZJncc0.jpg]

Supreme Overlord of CV4 Nub Shack
Founder of CV5 Premium Town, Nautica
Mayor of CV6 Quality Town, Zephyr Dunes

[Image: Mno66ti.png?2]
[Image: VFJSB86.png?1]
[Image: Ko66yoT.jpg?1]
Find all posts by this user
05-14-2017, 06:58 PM
(05-13-2017 12:53 PM)appygal Wrote:  Just actually tried this out (took me long enough, i know)
And I must say, brilliant guide, unlike many others on the internet.

I'm very happy everything worked out for you Appy! - I had a lot of issues searching for guides to fix the problems I had and installing the SEUS Shaders - I went through a large amount of guides and threads before I found a decent solution, so I figured I would share the knowledge for everyone's enjoyment! Smile

I am most definitely open to any critique if you had issues following any of the steps or if you have ideas to improve the guide Big Grin

~ Hjortshoej, CubeVille Supervisor Mod

05-15-2017, 01:39 AM (This post was last modified: 05-15-2017 01:40 AM by BandNerdMama.)
Hjort - this is great! I was inspired by Appy and tried shaders (again) using your tutorial. I had the same problem and was able to fix it with your walk-through!

Have you had any luck fixing the whole Enchanted-items-are-as-bright-as-the-surface-of-the-sun issue?
[Image: 58PQhQ9.png]

[Image: GwcuhCx.png]

Founder of Edge of Nowhere (EoN)
Proud founder of Aramore, CV 6.0 First Premium Town
05-15-2017, 01:55 AM
Of course. Just wear golden armour. Then you won't be as bright as the sun. You'll be the sun

[Image: MCNT_575155bb22163_2.png]
Nubbing on CV since 9th May 2015
Proud Mayor of Inferno CV 5
Proud Mayor of Piraeus CV 6
"The Great Delfic Omletacle!"
05-15-2017, 01:18 PM
Who would wanna fix THAT??

[Image: testsig.png]
05-17-2017, 01:45 AM (This post was last modified: 05-17-2017 01:46 AM by appygal.)
Yeah, it is a bit of a weird side effect, I don't get to see the beautiful colour of my diamond axe due to *sun-brightness*

It's strange though, you'd think it's because it reflects the sun, but I get the same thing in caves too xD

Are there ways to turn certain parts off/tweak it?

Supreme Overlord of CV4 Nub Shack
Founder of CV5 Premium Town, Nautica
Mayor of CV6 Quality Town, Zephyr Dunes

[Image: Mno66ti.png?2]
[Image: VFJSB86.png?1]
[Image: Ko66yoT.jpg?1]
05-17-2017, 02:00 AM
I do not yet know of any way of fixing the lighting issue, if any of you have any luck finding a fix somewhere, do share it, and I will include it in this thread Smile

05-17-2017, 08:21 PM
Well at least u dont have to use torches in caves due to ur shine.... lol.

[Image: gH5DYm3.png]
05-18-2017, 12:07 AM
I'm so Shiiiiiinyyyy

05-18-2017, 01:58 AM
Although kinda having to do with mods, how do I download a mod that you can set waypoints with, providing it is allowed with CV rules. Or a minimal mod. Or both Smile
05-18-2017, 03:08 AM
Ah just search for a minimal mod, for instance Xaeros Minimap or Voxelmap 1.11.2 then download the 1.11.2 link. Then if you're on a Windows, open up start, go into the search bar and type %appdata% then open the .minecraft folder in there. Then assuming you already have Forge installed, look for a Mods folder and put the minimal folder or file in there. If you have a Mac or don't have Forge. Then ummm. Google is your friend. When you do get it to work, make sure to turn off Entity and Player Radar and also Cave Maps as these are not allowed.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)