Current time: 05-21-2019, 01:18 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
[Guide] How to protect your hoppers on CV6
04-28-2017, 06:40 AM
[Guide] How to protect your hoppers on CV6
With the new plugins we're using on CV6, hoppers are no longer protected the same way they were before, and are accessible by anyone by default.

In order to prevent this, you need to apply the following flag to any regions you own containing hoppers you wish to keep private: /rg flag [rg_name] -g nonmembers chest-access deny

This means that anyone not a member of the region will be unable to access any chests or hoppers in the region. Bear in mind, even if you add someone to a chest, if they are not on the region they will be unable to access the chest still.

Hopefully this will help in keeping your valuables secure as they pass through sorting systems etc.

[Image: aoLQ5TU.jpg?1]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2017, 06:01 PM
RE: [Guide] How to protect your hoppers on CV6
Wouldn't it be easier to put a sign on it? Or does that not work

[Image: MCNT_575155bb22163_2.png]
Nubbing on CV since 9th May 2015
Proud Mayor of Inferno CV 5
Proud Mayor of Piraeus CV 6
"The Great Delfic Omletacle!"
04-28-2017, 08:20 PM
That would stop someone breaking the hopper, but a region already does that. The problem was everyone being able to access hoppers to add/remove items, even if the hopper was in a protected region.

04-28-2017, 08:31 PM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2017 08:34 PM by Tisjstme.)
0.0.... Huh so what ur saying is, if someone is on my rg then they can open my hoppers and chests?? Even if they lock! And to stop that I have to type that command.

[Image: gH5DYm3.png]
04-28-2017, 08:34 PM
No, the flag does not override chest protections, it just adds hopper protection which did not exist without the flag. If you don't want people on your rg accessing the hoppers either you can sub zone the area with hoppers and add the flag to that.

04-28-2017, 08:36 PM
I think I got it.. well just have to try it to find out, wont I.

[Image: gH5DYm3.png]
05-02-2017, 06:35 PM
I wanted to tell upi how awesome this is. I tested it by doing /cremove on several chests. Then I had someone who isn't a member of my regions to try to open the chests. They could not. I made this person a member and he could open them. This command solves a boat load of work, having to add people individually to each freaking chest, not needed! All you have to do is /cremove, and the above mentioned command ( /rg flag [rg_name] -g nonmembers chest-access deny) handles the rest! Thanks so much Wally, this is a life saver!

[Image: eJxzLk1KLcvMyUnVyy9K5zIyNTUz5XKGiXH5Zual...BMMRHz.png]

Cool

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)