Current time: 10-23-2018, 09:24 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Firefly Vally application
06-02-2018, 12:09 PM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2018 12:23 PM by SerDeath.)
Firefly Vally application
Applying for village status for the flying Firefly Valley location that can be found here. http://www.cubeville.org/map/#/3742/138/-3871/-1/0/0 thank you for your connsideratoin.

SerOmni-Mayor

√http://www.cubeville.org/map/#/3742/138/-3871/-1/0/0

http://www.cubeville.org/map/#/3750/137/-3870/-1/0/0
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2018, 12:27 PM
RE: Firefly Vally application
Looks great, good luck! Just a note, to get the maplink to work, you'll need to get rid of the  at the beginning Smile

[Image: FZViCLdl.png]
06-02-2018, 12:59 PM
Wow, looks awesome! Good luck with it. Big Grin Also, I'm not really 100% sure what exactly is required for an application, but don't you need your founders and member(s) listed in the application? Or is that just something people do, not required?

[Image: 5117534.png]
06-02-2018, 01:04 PM
(06-02-2018 12:59 PM)Eureka2013 Wrote:  Wow, looks awesome! Good luck with it. Big Grin Also, I'm not really 100% sure what exactly is required for an application, but don't you need your founders and member(s) listed in the application? Or is that just something people do, not required?

Ah yes, they are listed in the Town hall but i should defiantly mention them here. Thanks for Co-foundre Astronomidonuts, especially for the plot of land. Co-Founder Mans not potato and co-founder Unicornfarts1539.
06-02-2018, 05:34 PM
The place looks great but I'm afraid there is one problem. Since the protection goes from bedrock to sky limit for village, even though your builds are in the air, you still need a boundary wall and lighting on the ground below the builds. It doesn't need to be anything fancy, just a 3 high cobblestone wall and some torch spam will do. Once that is complete please post in here and I will happily look it over again.

As regards listing founders etc. we prefer that people do but they should also be listed in the town hall so we can pull the information from there if needed.

[Image: 7ciirExl.png]
06-02-2018, 06:06 PM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2018 06:22 PM by Tisjstme.)
Ser, I would like to come out there and help you with the lighting problem. I have the LLOverload Light mod which helps with making sure you have all blocks covered. I also want to check the place over. XD
My landmark is up for its application now and I cant do any more building till voted on, Soooo...
I have time on my hands and not much to do.

Also a small suggestion here, with my experience over the years I have found it better to make the region 4 sided, it just makes doing housing plot/subzones easier later on and you don't have to wait/get staff to do them all the time. Maybe say bring that short south end western wall west a bit more to add the northern land and cut off those western mountain islands. Unless you are going to build on the ground or extend into the western waters. If so then square off the dogleg in the south west corner of the wall, dragging in the edge of the snow fields.

[Image: QC6qx5D.png]
06-02-2018, 06:21 PM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2018 06:27 PM by American_donuts.)
Hey Ser, Since I have already built a one block high wall around that area, It's OK with me if you add the extra 2 layers to that. I can head over there and help whenever you want as well. It can be a temporary wall until village status is granted. After that we can build a nicer wall to match the town theme Smile

Also, I have a lot of torches if you need any. And I can make more if needed.

"I feel old when people yell about chicken nuggets" ~vic-torus
IGN: AstronomicDonuts
Mayor of CV6 Village 'MountainView'

[Image: pYDiENe.png]
06-02-2018, 06:26 PM
(06-02-2018 06:21 PM)American_donuts Wrote:  Hey Ser, Since I have already built a one block high wall around that area, It's ok with me if you add the extra 2 layers to that. I can head over there and help whenever you want as well.

It can be a temporary wall until village status is granted. After that we can build a nicer wall to match the town theme Smile

That 3 high wall only needs to be on land too so all that water part seeing its above the water level doesn't need doing, just light it.

06-02-2018, 06:29 PM
(06-02-2018 06:26 PM)Tisjstme Wrote:  
(06-02-2018 06:21 PM)American_donuts Wrote:  Hey Ser, Since I have already built a one block high wall around that area, It's ok with me if you add the extra 2 layers to that. I can head over there and help whenever you want as well.

It can be a temporary wall until village status is granted. After that we can build a nicer wall to match the town theme Smile

That 3 high wall only needs to be on land too so all that water part seeing its above the water level doesn't need doing, just light it.

Yes, the water part doesn't need the 3 block high wall. Just buoys around that area.

"I feel old when people yell about chicken nuggets" ~vic-torus
IGN: AstronomicDonuts
Mayor of CV6 Village 'MountainView'

[Image: pYDiENe.png]
06-02-2018, 07:06 PM
Good luck!
06-02-2018, 08:09 PM
That sounds great on both accounts with regards to the wall and lighting. I didn't know what I was doing when I first was able to play real minecraft so just started building and then later reading the forums and noticing it was harder to do what i was Sad I eventually want to make engines on the under side of platforms so think ill suffer through the circle blight. Yeah I could really use some other good builders to take inperation from and advice on using the perks of the features of the server. I'm currently construcing a villager trading hall and getting all the villagers sorted out. Sure was able to breed a lot more and quicker then bedrock and almost go overwhelmed by the amount of villagers i had in a short time. Please come by and have some fun. I'm also really bad at designing interiors if you know anyone....
thanks for the help everyone.
06-03-2018, 06:35 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2018 06:37 PM by Tisjstme.)
OK.. I will be out today to light up for you.. may take.. 100 stks for torches tho.. XD

You didnt comment on this part...

(Also a small suggestion here, with my experience over the years I have found it better to make the region 4 sided, it just makes doing housing plot/subzones easier later on and you don't have to wait/get staff to do them all the time. Maybe say bring that short south end western wall west a bit more to add the northern land and cut off those western mountain islands. Unless you are going to build on the ground or extend into the western waters. If so then square off the dogleg in the south west corner of the wall, dragging in the edge of the snow fields.)

What are ur thoughts on this ^?

06-03-2018, 11:23 PM
Yeah I had no intention of doing anything on the ground so what's ever easiest to fullfill the requirements in that regard. I should be able to supply torches if my Internet stops being a potato.
06-04-2018, 06:09 AM
Hey Ser, glad to see the place getting some recognition. I apologize for not building the garden in the middle of the 3 founders' houses as i have been busy on a project of my own. I will get to that once i have taken care of my own build, which hopefully should be done within the next 2 weeks from now. Good luck with the rest of the soon-to-be village!

06-04-2018, 06:24 PM
Yeah, I noticed yesterday you had troubles getting on, MNP and I commented on it. I have started lighting the area under the big ship and have so far been through about 12 stacks of torches (haven't made a dent in it yet). XD I lit up the inside of the ship some more for you and on top, all but the 2 arms. I will check all the floating builds to see if they are all covered.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)