Current time: 06-22-2018, 11:21 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Prismarine farm?
06-02-2018, 04:21 PM
Prismarine farm?
How does it work and how do you not get hurt at the spawners?
I had the common sense to use water breathing and night vision and depth strider boots. What else can I do to prepare?

Mostly blind CV gamer mamma with a hammy CV loving kiddo. Exclamation
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2018, 04:43 PM
RE: Prismarine farm?
To prevent lag from massive afk sessions near or at Mob Spawners, all entities spawned by them have no AI and will not attack or defend. However, Guardians have Thorns on them so while they will not attack you, you will be hurt by your own damage against them

[Image: MCNT_575155bb22163_2.png]
Nubbing on CV since 9th May 2015
Proud Mayor of Inferno CV 5
Proud Mayor of Piraeus CV 6
"The Great Delfic Omletacle!"
06-02-2018, 05:07 PM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2018 05:08 PM by Famfunjag1.)
(06-02-2018 04:43 PM)SpamSammich Wrote:  To prevent lag from massive afk sessions near or at Mob Spawners, all entities spawned by them have no AI and will not attack or defend. However, Guardians have Thorns on them so while they will not attack you, you will be hurt by your own damage against them

Is there a way to counter that at least a little. idk, better sword armour anything to lessen damage?

06-02-2018, 05:19 PM
(06-02-2018 05:07 PM)Famfunjag1 Wrote:  
(06-02-2018 04:43 PM)SpamSammich Wrote:  To prevent lag from massive afk sessions near or at Mob Spawners, all entities spawned by them have no AI and will not attack or defend. However, Guardians have Thorns on them so while they will not attack you, you will be hurt by your own damage against them

Is there a way to counter that at least a little. idk, better sword armour anything to lessen damage?

Just high, protection armor to defend from the thorns is probably your best bet. Also sharpness swords will help you kill them in less swings, reducing thorns damage.

[Image: 5117534.png]
06-02-2018, 06:29 PM
Oh and bows and I think potions will not reflect thorns on you, however they don't have looting so you'll be farmin' a lot longer

[Image: MCNT_575155bb22163_2.png]
Nubbing on CV since 9th May 2015
Proud Mayor of Inferno CV 5
Proud Mayor of Piraeus CV 6
"The Great Delfic Omletacle!"
06-02-2018, 06:40 PM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2018 06:47 PM by Andy1563.)
(06-02-2018 04:21 PM)Famfunjag1 Wrote:  How does it work and how do you not get hurt at the spawners?
I had the common sense to use water breathing and night vision and depth strider boots. What else can I do to prepare?

Use a bow in your off hand (shield slot) and shoot from close range. You don't take any thorns damage if you use a bow. Don't have punch on the bow or you'll be swimming around more than you need to to catch them. Keep a sword with looting in your main hand so you still get the extra looting bonus for the drops.

In addition to respiration and depth strider, you should also have aqua affinity. That makes the bow work better under water. If you get more than a couple of blocks away your arrow will sink or will only hit for 1 damage. If you get right up next to them with a power V bow, it's usually 2 or 3 hits to kill.

Also try to find a spawner that's in a corner area. One of them works better than all the rest but I forgot which one. That way when you hit the guardians they only move back a few spaces and then they hit the wall. Again, it's less time chasing them around that way. If you use a spawner that's out in the open, you spend more time swimming after them and less time getting loot.
06-02-2018, 06:53 PM
Good advice Andy, I haven't used the Priz Farm yet, might take ur advice one day and try it.

[Image: QC6qx5D.png]
06-02-2018, 07:39 PM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2018 07:41 PM by Famfunjag1.)
I used it once but, this does help a lot thx guys.

(06-02-2018 06:40 PM)Andy1563 Wrote:  
(06-02-2018 04:21 PM)Famfunjag1 Wrote:  How does it work and how do you not get hurt at the spawners?

Use a bow in your off hand (shield slot) and shoot from close range. You don't take any thorns damage if you use a bow. Don't have punch on the bow or you'll be swimming around more than you need to to catch them. Keep a sword with looting in your main hand so you still get the extra looting bonus for the drops.

In addition to respiration and depth strider, you should also have aqua affinity. That makes the bow work better under water. If you get more than a couple of blocks away your arrow will sink or will only hit for 1 damage. If you get right up next to them with a power V bow, it's usually 2 or 3 hits to kill.

Also try to find a spawner that's in a corner area. One of them works better than all the rest but I forgot which one. That way when you hit the guardians they only move back a few spaces and then they hit the wall. Again, it's less time chasing them around that way. If you use a spawner that's out in the open, you spend more time swimming after them and less time getting loot.

How do you fire bow from off hand?

06-02-2018, 08:02 PM
Just putting your bow in your off hand (using f by default) and holding right-click will pull back the bow like normal

[Image: 5117534.png]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)