Current time: 10-23-2018, 09:21 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Silly behaviour a mom’s request.
06-07-2018, 09:21 AM
Silly behaviour a mom’s request.
Sometimes some of you will notice my son getting really silly in game and you may be trying to figure out how to get his attention. This is more difficult because he actually does not use chat much yet. The only thing I have found helpful so far is if he is getting out of control to get your character in front of him if you can and move your mouse back and forth as this kind of mimmicks the shaking of the head no. In the mean time I am teaching him simple things like how to recognize when someone is msging him. He loves to play with others but, gets over excited and silly and will do random things. He is really not being vindictive or mean he is just very silly and does not think sometimes.

Is there somewhare like a game we can all send him when he gets the itch to go nuts?

I am also not able to keep up with chat in game very well as I only have one eye and cannot do both at the same time. It is why I do not chat much. So trying to get my attention when we are both on can be difficult as well.

I am just trying to meet the needs of the CV rules but, also take into consideration his special needs without compromising that or risking his ability to play on here because he tends to over do it. I sit beside him ehen we play together and know when he goes maniac on us it really is just crazy silliness.

If there are caregivers on here with older kids with special needs who have any advice on how to teach an over silly child who cannot respond to chats how to tone it down or find another outlet I would appreciate it.

Man I have my own account and all you need to do is visit his south house to know why.

I don’t want him to lose the privelege of playing on here so I am reaching out for ideas on how to help him. And the rest of us as well, as I know it can be frustrating.

Mostly blind CV gamer mamma with a hammy CV loving kiddo. Exclamation
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2018, 10:52 AM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2018 10:58 AM by vip2kea.)
RE: Silly behaviour a mom’s request.
(06-07-2018 09:21 AM)Famfunjag1 Wrote:  Sometimes some of you will notice my son getting really silly in game and you may be trying to figure out how to get his attention. This is more difficult because he actually does not use chat much yet. The only thing I have found helpful so far is if he is getting out of control to get your character in front of him if you can and move your mouse back and forth as this kind of mimmicks the shaking of the head no. In the mean time I am teaching him simple things like how to recognize when someone is msging him. He loves to play with others but, gets over excited and silly and will do random things. He is really not being vindictive or mean he is just very silly and does not think sometimes.

Is there somewhare like a game we can all send him when he gets the itch to go nuts?

I am also not able to keep up with chat in game very well as I only have one eye and cannot do both at the same time. It is why I do not chat much. So trying to get my attention when we are both on can be difficult as well.

I am just trying to meet the needs of the CV rules but, also take into consideration his special needs without compromising that or risking his ability to play on here because he tends to over do it. I sit beside him ehen we play together and know when he goes maniac on us it really is just crazy silliness.

If there are caregivers on here with older kids with special needs who have any advice on how to teach an over silly child who cannot respond to chats how to tone it down or find another outlet I would appreciate it.

Man I have my own account and all you need to do is visit his south house to know why.

I don’t want him to lose the privelege of playing on here so I am reaching out for ideas on how to help him. And the rest of us as well, as I know it can be frustrating.
Aww, he must be SOOO cute! <3
Fp7 is like that, The kid who uses Myles29 (your kid I think) is not alone, Fp7 goes crazy sometimes and me & Mraccess get annoyed (mostly Mraccess.) The best way I know of is to play a sort of game-in-a-game.
I know some People here are like 5ish, maby they can play with him?
Like a vercharal play-date, (like a day lay date but you don’t need to leave your house because you will connect on the computer)

Yeah, even I am not sure... everyone is so different. XD

I think Fp7 can play/help I think, she also has a disability so they both don’t have to feel left out XD
I will tell her, maby she will let me go from here studentness XD
06-07-2018, 11:54 AM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2018 11:55 AM by Eureka2013.)
Hey, some fun places to go in CV and just relax can be pvp arenas (idk if that just makes him more excited), other games in Skylands such as Bingo, obstacle course, floaty feather, and Dyna-dude. Most of these games involve playing with other people, so either he can play with you or some of his friends he is more comfortable around. Also, I'm not sure if he's into parkour, but we have a 'parkore' course in cvc he might enjoy. Smile Additionally, just wandering around the CV map and exploring all the things people have built can be a fun calming experience for most.

I hope this helped!

BTW I have never had a problem like you described here with your son. ^_^ In fact, myself and some others including Twigleg, MasterMiner, KittyCait, Oinkerz, and JackInTheHat (if you recognize these names) had a great time pvping with your son just yesterday in the rift pvp arena!

[Image: 5117534.png]
06-07-2018, 01:30 PM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2018 01:33 PM by Oinkerz.)
Hey there. Let me just say that your son seems really kind and all, and although I’m just a teen and I don’t deal with a child with any type of disablitlity on the regular, I have a few suggestions. If he ever gets silly, may I suggest what Eureka said about mini games. And of course, if he feels the need to break blocks, we have Rift PVP, which Eureka also mentioned.

Also, SuperAlexstar opened a new landmark recently called Ayumi Resort. If you go to /hub, then Special, and then to the rainbow portal, you’ll be there. I’m not sure if this is what your child likes, but he has a rainbow dropper tower with slime on the bottom, which can keep anyone occupied for a time. Also, another challenge he may like is the mini golf course across the whole landmark. If you’re looking for a nice and calm activity for him, I’d highly recommend the activities at this landmark. Hope I had something helpful to offer. Smile

EDIT: And as for keeping up with the chat, whenever you miss something, the staff always keep up with chat to make sure everything and everyone’s okay. So if you miss a thing or two here or there, it’s understandable.

[Image: v1W1uWvl.png]
Steam: Oinkerz
Instagram: OinkerzMC
06-07-2018, 04:32 PM
The pvp idea is a big one for him. I hate pvp myslf but, gonna try and keep up so we know when people are in there. Is rift that spawn area with all the mobs where he went maniac with the TNT? He LOVED that and was sad when everyone left lol, I may just have to keep reminding him that he needs to venture to a mini game to burn off steam.

He is very kind, just really silly sometimes is all. I really appreciate all the help and how understanding you all are, this means a lot.

We explore the map a lot together, but when he sees another player in our exploring he forgets himself.

Rift I think is the most helpful so far. He likes games that involve racing fighting each other or blowing things up. Thanks. I am the one who prefers the relaxing adventures.

06-07-2018, 06:51 PM
Yeah, rift for the win. Went exploring earlier and when I was done after falling out of a jungle tree he decided to blow stuff up including himself. Did go to Aylumi and it is super cool. He died in the slime dropper. Too funny.

06-07-2018, 07:15 PM
Fam I was thinking to get Myles attention, how about a fishing rod. Like if someone hooked him it means they want his attention or are telling him "No". I don't know if this will work or not, but its worth a try.

[Image: QC6qx5D.png]
06-07-2018, 07:54 PM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2018 07:57 PM by Famfunjag1.)
(06-07-2018 07:15 PM)Tisjstme Wrote:  Fam I was thinking to get Myles attention, how about a fishing rod. Like if someone hooked him it means they want his attention or are telling him "No". I don't know if this will work or not, but its worth a try.

I wish, the rod will only provoke him to even sillier cause him and a friend were hooking each other with them at spawn. He thinks it’s a game and does it to me enough that I had to quit once because he was driving me nuts. Though you could type “Myles No” in chat. He can read simple lines like that, he just cannot respond and you do need to type his name or he will think it is just chat scrolling through and ignore. Chat needs to be short and to the point for him. Things like “Myles PVP?” Or “Myles stop that” . Or “Myles not nice.” Not kidding it has to be that simple to get a point across. Please never the fishing rod, he is driving me bonkers with the fishing rod. lol, next year we will be looking back and laughing about all this.

Tonight I really needed a break from playing so I told him to go blow himself up in rift.

06-07-2018, 11:23 PM
You will look back and laugh I promise! My daughter was six when she started here. She's nearly 9 now and mellowed out a bit but is still pretty silly sometimes. She also enjoys the rift pvp and plays in there frequently. If they're both on I bet she'd go blow things up with him lol

[Image: bsIuV2o.png]
06-08-2018, 12:28 AM
Famfun: If you're worried that your kid is in a mood and might accidentally wreck a build, you can direct him to any of our landmarks. I have Red Terix--Star Wars themed--and the permissions are locked down so that only the building team can do any damage. There's not much trouble you can get into there! (Heck, if he does manage to break something let me know--it means I haven't done my job right.)

Also, as you know, the Rift PVP is amazing fun. You don't even need to have friends on...I've enjoyed blowing up a few builds myself.

Plus, there's a lot of staffers who are either parents or big siblings, so we understand that some players are a handful because they are young, not because they are trolls. We get to know the regular players surprising well. You can trust that we have an extra portion of patience for our youngest Cs.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-08-2018, 07:03 AM
You guys are awesome. I really appreciate all the encouragement.

06-08-2018, 11:01 AM
Fam, what you have said totally explains why no response when I saw you one day with your boy. Thought it might be because you talking together as I and my granddaughter do over hangouts when we play CV together. I am bad at keeping up with chat and always have to stop what I'm doing to scroll back or type, not being a digital native.

From all the helpful responses here I have gleaned more info about games too which aren't really my thing, excepting spleef perhaps. My GD still has a few problems, being in special needs for early years. When I tell her there is rift and she can come blow up things Big Grin she will be back on for that I'm sure. I'll tell her to look out for Myles.
06-08-2018, 11:21 AM
(06-08-2018 11:01 AM)GrannyKaf Wrote:  Fam, what you have said totally explains why no response when I saw you one day with your boy. Thought it might be because you talking together as I and my granddaughter do over hangouts when we play CV together. I am bad at keeping up with chat and always have to stop what I'm doing to scroll back or type, not being a digital native.

From all the helpful responses here I have gleaned more info about games too which aren't really my thing, excepting spleef perhaps. My GD still has a few problems, being in special needs for early years. When I tell her there is rift and she can come blow up things Big Grin she will be back on for that I'm sure. I'll tell her to look out for Myles.

For sure, he loves rift and meeting other players.

06-08-2018, 08:06 PM
Oops, sorry for the rod comment Fam.. was just an idea.. XD
As for the rest of you who answered here. OMG I know what you're all talking about.
Been there, done that, with a lot of kids on CV over the years.

[Image: QC6qx5D.png]
06-08-2018, 08:30 PM
(06-08-2018 08:06 PM)Tisjstme Wrote:  Oops, sorry for the rod comment Fam.. was just an idea.. XD
As for the rest of you who answered here. OMG I know what you're all talking about.
Been there, done that, with a lot of kids on CV over the years.

It’s a great idea and may help others who struggle this way. Mine just can’t differentiate between serious and silly with that. Once it is done a certain way he’ll always associate something that way. Maybe this thread will help other moms in the future.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)