Current time: 07-19-2018, 07:12 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Subterra
06-30-2018, 12:07 PM
Subterra
After months of working on it, we're finally ready to apply!

Mayor: TheGhostWhoWalks
Founders: JackInTheHat, Awesome__Elliott, SparraBird, and Twigleg.
The maplink is here, and one unique thing about Subterra is that it's above and below ground, so I've provided coords to the town center(above ground) and the farms(below ground). All the other necessary builds apart from the town center are near the farms, so it should be relatively easy to find the rest from there.
The town center is at -2321, -1310, 71, and the farms are at -2318, -1270, 28. Thanks! Big Grin

[Image: FZViCLdl.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-30-2018, 06:40 PM (This post was last modified: 06-30-2018 06:44 PM by Tisjstme.)
RE: Subterra
Twig.... I was out there a while back trying to help you guyz mark out your land... Did you not see my dark plank markers to square off the land??
GL too.

[Image: QC6qx5D.png]
07-01-2018, 01:37 PM
Good Luck! Smile

May the Force and other weird movie elements be with you.
I'm totally not evil. Nope, not at all.
ok maybe a little
Proudly fighting mobs since 2015.
07-01-2018, 02:09 PM
Thanks guys, and I'm not sure Tis, Ghost was in charge of the walls.

07-01-2018, 02:52 PM
Good luck!

K,

-Kea
07-01-2018, 06:51 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2018 06:33 PM by Tisjstme.)
Yeah ik Twig and looking at the map he still went with a poly village.. and the other thing I noticed was below ground was way out of village rg to the surface. So will it get 2 rg's, 1 on top and 1 below?

07-02-2018, 06:36 PM
Greetings,

I have inspected the proposed village and at this time must deny the application. There are several things missing that are required for village status, and there is a technical issue with the layout of the village.

For reference, please make sure you review https://www.cubeville.org/forum/thread-4799.html for village requirements.

•A Town Hall must be built•
I believe you have a town hall that is labeled as Town Center. The Town Center and Town hall are 2 distinct things. The Town center would be a plaza or some such ting in the center of town whereby one can get to all the other points.

•A Town Center must be built•
See Above.

•A Town Farm must be built• AND •Player builds must be built•
Based on the town name and the decription given in the application I know there is a big part of the town underground, however, even with my admin powers I was unable to find how to access the under ground area to visit it at first until I happened to visit the 2nd floor of the town hall and found a single sign giving a general direction. Once I figured out which direction to go, I was able to get down into the ravine. Once there I did find some homes, but not all the homes of all the founders nor the mayor. I might have just missed it as the layout is a bit confusing. After several times walking around, in spite of the coordinates given, I was able to find the vegetable farms which do appear to be adequate, but I can foresee issues with hour the layout to protect them with subzones.

•The enclosed area must be well lit and mob free•
There are several lighting issue in the enclosed areas. The tops of some of the builds are unlit allowing mobs to spawn along with several other areas. I would recommend a mod like Light Level Overlay be used to better light the area and keep it mob free. Finally the wall was not lit in many places and the tops of the walls must either be lit or use a mechanic that prevents mobs from spawning on top of them. Now before you go to work lighting the wall, let's discuss the technical issue.

•A Town Wall must be built•
The wall surrounding your proposed village has many corners. This would require doing the region in a poly (mutiple corners) vs a cuboid (four corner). Poly regions can be done, but they have to be enclosed with 20 or less selections of the wand. I started counting and lost track after the 25 corner. So you will have to figure out how to reduce the number of corners of your wall if you require village status.

Please take care of the above issues and let us know when you are ready to have us look again. Remember, while your village is your village and you might know where everything is. Visitors to your village need to be kept safe and not be able to get lost. Several times I got turned around in the ravine and didn't know how to get back to the area with the homes.

Thanks,
CD

[Image: uEwNzS5.jpg]
07-03-2018, 06:37 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2018 06:41 PM by Tisjstme.)
Umm Twig... do u want me to come out and show u were I put the markers for the wall, they are still there I see them on the map?? and its still a cuboid too.

07-03-2018, 08:50 PM
(07-03-2018 06:37 PM)Tisjstme Wrote:  Umm Twig... do u want me to come out and show u were I put the markers for the wall, they are still there I see them on the map?? and its still a cuboid too.

Ghost says she will when you guys are both on at the same time, her forums account isn't working rn, so I'm responding for her Smile

Also, thanks CD, we'll work on fixing those issues! Big Grin

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)