Current time: 09-24-2018, 06:04 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
[Summer Games] Build Battle
07-02-2018, 01:00 PM
[Summer Games] Build Battle
^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^Building contest^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

Not much of a Minigame person? Well, we have organized an event that might be more to your liking!
We are pleased to announce The CV Building Contest

General Information

What is it ?
It’s a chance for you to show off your amazing building skills to your friends and get rewards! Each week we have different “theme”.

Where will it be taking place ?
We have set up a creative world and you’re able to access it through the portal located at spawn. You may only use this world if you wish to enter the contest and not for personal use.

When will it take place ?
July [See dates below]

Each week we will have a new theme, so this will be a weekly contest throughout the 4 weeks of JULY. The build theme will reset at approximately noon EDT each Sunday, giving you seven days to build your master piece. You may enter whenever you want in the 7 day span, but you will have less time if you enter later in the week.

Themes
July 2nd - July 8th : Nub Shack
July 8th - July 15th : Nether
July 15th - July 22nd : Island
July 22nd - July 29th : Free Build

Rules
* Please build something that fits the theme of the week
* One Plot Per Person and One Person Per Plot
* Builds must be original, any found to be copied from other sources will be disqualified
* Please contain all liquids within your plot, they should not be running outside the plot border
* Do not build any persistent redstone devices (i.e. they run non stop) or redstone devices that have an impact outside your plot
* You may not use creative world for personal use
* CV’s Offical building rules apply
* Only items available in normal creative mode can be used in builds. Anything brought in from SP using saved toolbars being used in builds will result in disqualification.

FAQ

Voting Procedure
Once a theme world has been closed on Sunday a forum thread will be started with a list of options. Players who wish to vote should go and look around the build world and cast their votes for their 1st, 2nd and 3rd favorite builds. If you want your vote to be anonymous you can forum PM it to me (WallyDonkey) instead. You will have 1 week to vote from the time the thread goes up (Sunday to Sunday). Staff will also vote in their own thread and at the end of the week the results will be collected and calculated so that citizen and staff votes each make up 50% of the total. The winners will then be announced.

How do I get a plot ?
If you wish for a building plot, just place a modreq in the build world hub and staff will create one for you. Once your plot has been created you can go the the build world for that week and the portal should take you straight to your plot.

What happens to the builds ?
Once a theme is completed, you will no longer have access to build. However you’re more than welcome to visit and go sightseeing for a couple of months. This should motivate you to make some fantastic builds.

Prizes
The winner(s) each week will receive win points that you can trade in for prizes at the NPC. There will be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place, with the prize breakdown as follows:

1st place = 15 points
2nd place = 10 points
3rd place = 5 points

We are excited to see your creations and the most important thing is to have fun!

Good luck!

^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

[Image: 7ciirExl.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2018, 05:51 PM
RE: [Summer Games] Build Battle
OMG!
Yay!!!

I’m confused tho, we do the nubshack theme from today to the 8th??
Btw if we enterd in the competition can we still vote?

Omg yay!!!! Golfergirl24 has resently joined Cubeville! <3

They might have some trouble doing stuff because they are new to minecraft!
07-02-2018, 05:53 PM
Sounds awesome! TBH, I am not much of a builder, but will be sure to at least give it a shot. Wink

[Image: 5117534.png]
07-02-2018, 07:10 PM
Yes, the first theme is nub shack and you have from today until around noon EDT on the 8th to complete it.

If you enter the contest you can still vote. :)

[Image: LYIT17S.png]
07-02-2018, 10:14 PM
This sounds really fun! Thanks guys Big Grin

"I feel old when people yell about chicken nuggets" ~vic-torus
IGN: AstronomicDonuts
Mayor of CV6 Village 'MountainView'

[Image: pYDiENe.png]
07-03-2018, 01:07 PM
I'm totally going to be in this Big Grin!

Thank's all the staff the put this together, you're awesome! Heart

--Founder of CV5's Skyfell--
--Co-mayor and builder of CV6's Dragonwing--
--Owner of Major Miner Market, CV5 + CV6--
07-03-2018, 06:31 PM
(07-02-2018 05:53 PM)Eureka2013 Wrote:  Sounds awesome! TBH, I am not much of a builder, but will be sure to at least give it a shot. Wink

Placing the word NUBSHACK in big letters over a dirt castle... Now I call that giving it a shot.

[Image: QC6qx5D.png]
07-03-2018, 07:21 PM
(07-03-2018 06:31 PM)Tisjstme Wrote:  
(07-02-2018 05:53 PM)Eureka2013 Wrote:  Sounds awesome! TBH, I am not much of a builder, but will be sure to at least give it a shot. Wink

Placing the word NUBSHACK in big letters over a dirt castle... Now I call that giving it a shot.

<3

[Image: 5117534.png]
07-04-2018, 09:22 PM
Now this I can get into. Just finished my Nub Shack. Loved looking around too.

Mostly blind CV gamer mamma with a hammy CV loving kiddo. Exclamation
07-05-2018, 04:24 PM
Michael loved this. He built his first place as best he can remember. He thought there was a pond close by but didn't remember. Either way it's soooo much better than my nub shack -> I just dug into a hill to avoid the mobs. (insert I'm a chicken here - ha ha). Thanks for doing this. It's great. Smile
07-05-2018, 07:10 PM
Mine isn't my actual nubshack when I start.. but its a representation of how I go about making my home. I never really go to far from my starting point/spawn in, and once I have dug in I just expand from that. I usually dig into a hill first, so this is what I tried to capture in my build. The first bit you enter is my nub hole, the place I start out, then I go deeper to build a home.
I never played on a single world long enough to really build something spectacular, but I did go back with friends on LAN to do more to them. Cause once I found CV I stopped playing on those worlds. I only go back for nostalgia lol.
So far all the builds are coming along great and you all are making it hard to pick my top 3 for voting... each new person is getting inspired by the builders before them and that's what is making it hard.

07-06-2018, 04:14 PM
This is a blast! On the outside, mine represents how *terrified* of mobs I was when I first started playing. On the inside, it's all about how amazed I was when I first started playing creative -- like, you can get ALL this STUFF for free, anytime you like?? (I first started playing MC on Cubeville, so I was a survivor player long before I ever experienced Creative. I still never play in Creative, unless I have a build idea I want to try in CV, and I want to see what it looks like first.)

Anyway, thanks for doing this, y'all! It's so much fun!

--EBM
07-07-2018, 12:20 AM
Yes Myles29 and I really enjoyed this and you can tell he follows mammas style for building a fair bit. Mine is a depiction of how I often get dropped in the forest and chop down the nearest wood and build a quick little wood house which has happened to me in ALL my single player worlds. And the mini garden represents the fact that often your first food source is to grow wheat from the grass you break when building. Myles29 built in a similar fashion because we play together so much and he thinks I build well lol. Ok kiddo I will let you think that. Sad though, when is the voting. We are out of town and won’t be on much the next few days.

Mostly blind CV gamer mamma with a hammy CV loving kiddo. Exclamation
07-08-2018, 12:03 PM
The first build battle is now over, and what a battle it has been! Almost 90 plots have been assigned and there are some amazing out there.

The voting has now begun here and the next category is open with a nether theme. You will have until this time next Sunday to build something nether themed if you want to join the next battle. Just head through the newly opened portal and modreq for a new plot.

Please note the following addition to the build battle rules which is effective starting in the 2nd week of build battle:

Build Battle Rules Wrote:Only items available in normal creative mode can be used in builds. Anything brought in from SP using saved toolbars being used in builds will result in disqualification.

[Image: 7ciirExl.png]
07-08-2018, 05:22 PM
Opps.. Sorry. Thanks for that info.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)