Current time: 12-11-2018, 07:55 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Oh!!
07-05-2018, 09:57 PM
Oh!!
It just hit me that my 5? 6? Year anniversary was on the 2nd! Even though this is late, I really want to talk about some of my favorite memories I had on here.

Okay, so my first day on Cubeville was probably the worst of them all. I had never been in a place so... Busy and open to unfamiliar people before. School was one thing, but I pretty much knew everyone since forever. And, well, I wasn't the best at communication and/or containing my temper. Once I got out of the tutorial on CV4, I was continuously asking where to get food. Everyone was like "/spawn", but my cynical tiny mind was afraid they were luring me into a trap (bear in mind, I had never been on a server before since). Fifteen minutes later, little mod Sephora lead me to the melon farm and I was no longer reluctant of using teleport commands.

I've grown a lot as a person since then and met so many nice people! Here's some fun memories I enjoyed and miss:
  • Mol and Click's Twitch streams, especially Mol's singing
  • SA's trolling at Spawn
  • The generation of players from CV3. They always had something on their minds, not to mention they knew how to run a business.
  • Admins and SA's putting a bunch of us in the jail at the uhhhuh CV Court thingy
  • The seasonal buildings the staff would build in that lot by spawn
  • Admins messing with us in the BOW lab
  • The Admins in general
  • The big tree on CV5 surrounded by a lake. I loved that tree so much.
  • The showdown at Ptown's spleef game where he got surprise promoted to moderator. It was me and him on a disco glass donut floor with decay. Ohhhohoh it was so intense
  • The serious lag we had on the first few days of map 5
  • Dusk and Girly setting up Birchdale and connecting a walkway to my house. What fine neighbors they were.
  • The whole group who lived at Maple Leaf Peak. They were. So awesome. I miss them the most.
  • When we somehow laid out a thorough family tree for the MLP group. Ender was my adoptive parent which made Angel my grandma
  • Ara and Mossy in general. They made everything feel like home..
  • Late night shenanigans with spanners and troublemakers when there wasn't any staff available. As frustrating as it was and is, I still thought a little of it.
  • Shipping talk in the MLP group. It got crazy.
  • That one time Lore was obsessing about Sebastian Michalis and it accidentally WC'ed into group or global or possibly both
  • Blue n Xeta. The fabulous duo. They're like twins...
  • Afk'ing underwater with scuba on and people genuinely freaking out
  • The Nickname Craze ™ that happened on CV4
  • "You can build a house here in MLP" "Ok" *builds a dock and gazebo instead*
  • Ara insistently calling me a hobo because of that ^^
  • Building a WIP house for Lore's village but never finishing it
  • "Wait, there was a rift for CV5?"
  • Cam!!! Cam was the beeeesssst
  • Me, Cam and Ara drawing together and talking about commissions
  • Landon.
  • THE FACES
    Ara: Micface
    Me: Breadface
    Cam: Elfface
    Mossy: Mossface
    Phys: Prismface
    Pink: Glowface
    I'm pretty sure Blue and Xeta had face names but I can't remember..

There's so many people I wanna run up to and just... Hug. But it's true! I met so many good people on here and I hope I meet more in the future.
aaaaAaaaaAAaA and this is when my brain decides to montage all of the embarrassing things I've done. Oh, man...

I hope you guys have had memorable moments on here like me!

~ "Do more of what makes you happy" ~
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2018, 12:58 AM
RE: Oh!!
It’s so cool that I’ve known you for most of my time CV. Happy anniversary, and I’m glad you’re still a part of the community.

[Image: v1W1uWvl.png]
Steam: Oinkerz
Instagram: OinkerzMC
07-06-2018, 07:35 AM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2018 07:36 AM by Diamondgamer34.)
Awwww this is the sweetest thing I've ever read. So glad you're still part of our lil (actually quite big) Cubeville family Big Grin

Ign: Diamondgamer34
"Diamondgamer666 would have been better." ~ Ares_Child
[Image: fuxiug8.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-06-2018, 06:31 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2018 06:32 PM by Xeta.)
wish4bubbles Wrote:Blue n Xeta. The fabulous duo. They're like twins...

bows
Honestly, though. I miss my twin, I wonder what he's been up to lately...

wish4bubbles Wrote:Shipping talk in the MLP group. It got crazy.

don't even remind me

wish4bubbles Wrote:That one time Lore was obsessing about Sebastian Michalis and it accidentally WC'ed into group or global or possibly both

I remember having a long and stressful day and walking in on the aftermath of that... and trolling about it, because looking back it seems like that's all I did back then. Good times

wish4bubbles Wrote:The whole group who lived at Maple Leaf Peak. They were. So awesome. I miss them the most.

This. The remaining players who either lived there or were involved should come together and create a shrine someplace in memory. Despite physically being a village, Maple Leaf Peak is/was a family at its core, and I'm happy to have been a part of it.

wish4bubbles Wrote:aaaaAaaaaAAaA and this is when my brain decides to montage all of the embarrassing things I've done. Oh, man...

you have no idea...

Since we're at it, though, I'll go ahead and list off some of the notable memories that I have from the entire span of last map, aside from the ones mentioned above.
  • My first house on the server. It wasn't even really a "house" per se, just a small wood shack out in the woods near a certain drop zone because this was one month after the map had started and there was plenty of room to build stuff like this
  • The park-ore. I remember this one time around two months after I joined where I spent several days there until I finally completed it (in hindsight, it was a lot less painful than the one on this map and it didn't rely on cheap lag glitch devices to punish players)
  • The "suicide booth" in said parkour, and how much controversy it created among some players (I didn't mind it at all and thought it was hilarious). We weren't politically correct back then ;p
  • That time Yandor (an older admin) trapped a few select players in his apartment's fish tank and made people pay to get in and see, then started to sell them off (again, this was nowhere near politically correct and isn't something you'd see on the server nowadays, but it was all in good fun so don't worry)
  • That one time when CShark and McCraft accidentally blew up the spleef arena (the old one)
  • My living space that I dug out underneath a pond in the woods next to Maple Leaf Peak
  • The Crucible pvp arena... even though things did get extremely sour among some players later on, and the arena did cause plenty of bad eggs to rear their heads, it was fun for a time, and I had plenty of friendly duels there that I remember to this day.
  • The favorite chat screengrabs thread... yes, it still exists, but it's a shadow of its former self at this point.
  • "Dat moment when". I don't think I even need to explain this one.
  • The first time I ever won spleef, not too long after I first joined. The round was a one-layer glass match with no DM.
  • This one time Blue joined with his little brother's account and started to stalk me in PMs. I was thoroughly creeped out.
  • This other time when Blue was spamming me in PMs, and after I told him that I took a screenshot, he made a chat fail in global. The Maple Leaf Peak chat group was full of fails like these, but that was half the fun.
  • Another time when I was shooting Alyx with flame arrows at spawn and this happened. And then of course I got authentication issues right afterwards and had to reboot...
  • Anime's banner shop. I think I had every banner in the shop at one point, before it drastically expanded.
  • Building my pigman grinder. I was very happy with the end result, but it took me forever to dig out, not to mention it was in one of the most unconventional places ever
  • The plot that I bought... and dug out... and then did nothing with.
  • The staff HQ that map. I loved the build style. The current one (which is reminiscent of the HQ from previous maps) is okay and all, but it just doesn't give off the same vibes.
  • And last but not least, that one time before elytras existed, and Blue and I went enderpearling around CVC. You guys have it easy, navigating rooftops used to be a dangerous endeavor.

[Image: sig.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-06-2018, 07:10 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2018 07:24 PM by Tisjstme.)
(07-05-2018 09:57 PM)wish4bubbles Wrote:  It just hit me that my 5? 6?
I've grown a lot as a person since then and met so many nice people!
Here's some fun memories I enjoyed and miss:
SA's trolling at Spawn
The generation of players from CV3. They always had something on their minds, not to mention they knew how to run a business.
The seasonal buildings the staff would build in that lot by spawn
The Admins in general
The big tree on CV5 surrounded by a lake. I loved that tree so much.
The serious lag we had on the first few days of map 5
Ara and Mossy in general.
Late night shenanigans with spammers and troublemakers when there wasn't any staff available.
Shipping talk in the MLP group. It got crazy.
That one time Lore was obsessing about Sebastian Michalis and it accidentally WC'ed into group or global or possibly both
Blue n Xeta. The fabulous duo. They're like twins...
Afk'ing underwater with scuba on and people genuinely freaking out
The Nickname Craze ™ that happened on CV4
"Wait, there was a rift for CV5?"
Cam!!! Cam was the beeeesssst
Landon.

There's so many people I wanna run up to and just... Hug. But it's true! I met so many good people on here and I hope I meet more in the future.

It is/was your 5th if you started in map 4, cause I am 6th for map 3.
Yes you have grown a lot since you started. Smile
SA's and their map 4 trolling was the best.
Yeah all the people from map 3 who came to map 4, but alas a lot didn't do the move, I miss PartyGirl37 she helped me when I started CV.
Oh yeah the builds next to spawn on map 4... I got to the top of that snowy/iced mountain too.
Yeah, all the staff was awesome back then, well they still are.
That big tree at spawn on map 5 was built by Breud, I was sad when they took it down too.
Oh, Yeah, map 5's lag... sooo many people were on that first few days. I think we even hit our peek 150 to the point I had to wait for someone to leave just to get on.
Ara and Mossy... what more do you need to say. Just their name make people remember, as do Many, many other people.
Oh yeah, the Trollers who came on to harass CV... what fun we had trolling them back.. till they had enough of our shenanigans and left.
Shipping??? that just got crazy period. We had so much fun shipping people together, even I got shipped a few time but I forget who with.
Lore... WC's... but that was/is Lore and then I started the DaL on map 5.
Lol yeah the twins... Blue and Xeta.
/scuba on... what fun we had with that one. Contest: see who can stay under the longest... winner gets 5 diamonds... I always won, I wonder why? rofl
Nik names yeah, and the changing name to someone elses, like: FireBolt. They were confusing days. I had a few do my name too Spam (Itsjstme) and Money (Tisjstmoney) are 2 that I remember. I remember just to message /msg me one had to fully type my name because of Money and when Spam came on people thought it was me.
YES there was a "Rift" on map 5, a mid map one and end of map one. There was also 2 on map 4 as well.
I miss Cam.
And Landon too.
In fact I miss all those who never came back.

Xeta said:
The favorite chat screengrabs thread... yes, it still exists, but it's a shadow of its former self at this point.
"Dat moment when". I don't think I even need to explain this one.

Yeah these are 2 that are a must to read.. funny times.

[Image: QC6qx5D.png]
And Quest Builder. Smile

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)