Current time: 10-20-2018, 10:29 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Joining on a different computer?
08-05-2018, 01:27 PM
Joining on a different computer?
If you join the server logged into your normal acount but are on a different computer will it rest you if you join the server if you’re logging in on a different computer?

I’m really concerned because I don’t want to be put as a new player when I join and I don’t know if the players are acount based or linked to the computer.

Also, will it reset you if you change your username?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2018, 01:41 PM
RE: Joining on a different computer?
It does not matter if you change computers as long as you are still logged into the same account. For example, I switched from a Mac to a new PC a bit ago. Nothing changed, all of the data for CV is stored in the server. You will be fine. Wink

Also changing your name will not reset anything besides your home (that I'm aware of). However I'm 90% sure A+'s can tp you back so you can reset your home.

[Image: 5117534.png]
08-05-2018, 03:16 PM
RE: Joining on a different computer?
(08-05-2018 01:27 PM)PixelBytes Wrote:  Also, will it reset you if you change your username?

If you change your name and log in, it will show in global:

[whatever your new name is] (previously PixelBytes) has joined the game.

It will also reset you to tutorial. You will NOT have to complete tutorial again, you can do /spawn (skylands spawn) or /hub. If you do /home it won't work. You can always either walk back out to your home or put in a modreq and an A+ (occasionally a SMOD, though that is a bit more difficult) can help you find your home. Once you get there, do /sethome and you'll be all set!

Hope this helps Smile

[Image: GwcuhCx.png]

Founder of Edge of Nowhere (EoN)
Proud founder of Aramore, CV 6.0 First Premium Town

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)