Current time: 10-20-2018, 10:17 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Village Application for Oceania
08-07-2018, 12:11 PM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2018 02:12 PM by Kittycait_.)
Village Application for Oceania
I am posting this application for Blackdragon246.

Mayor: Blackdragon246
Founders: ApplesauceRobot, Dcgable, thunderbeard5
Members: Tisjstme, miner0830

Location: https://www.cubeville.org/map/#/-3132/64/3718/-1/0/0
Coords: -3132 3718

The name of the village is Oceania. they have 3 farms which are 11x11.

thank you very much! Big Grin

[Image: eGkhlyN.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2018, 12:14 PM
RE: Village Application for Oceania
good luck!

[Image: E85Ici0.jpg?1]
08-07-2018, 03:57 PM
I have looked around, and I like what I see. There are just a few things that require some attention before I can give official Village Status:
  • The town center needs to be more well-defined, as well as more built. It's currently a cobblestone circle, and we are looking for something that has more of a build or multiple smaller builds on it. As well, direction signs are needed in the Center, as well as generally a few more around the island in general, which will help players when they are trying to figure out where a particular building (Town Hall, Farms, etc.) is.
  • While there is no town wall because this is an island, and the current border has been marked, after following up with blackdragon about getting a cubiod region, the bouys that mark the edges will need to be moved into a rectangle for the region placement.
  • The member house (Tisjstme) is looking good. The Founder's houses just need a little bit more work, like adding beds in the houses that don't have them, as well as adding a few more decorations (chests, furnaces, plants, paintings, etc, it's up to you) to those that only have a few. The end result is to look like someone lives there, even if it's not their main house/base.
  • There are a few lighting issues up by the main farms, over by the residential plots, and a few more south by the floating houses. Light levels need to be at 8 or greater (If you are using the LightLevelOverlay mod, or another light mod, check for light levels of 8 or more. If you are using the vanilla f3, check the "block" light level, not "sky"). If you don't have a light level mod, or you can't get one, and you can't find the spot, feel free to ask around if someone with a light level mod can come help you, there should be plenty of people to help.
Once these few things are taken care of, Kitty can post again, and myself or another A+ will come around to reevaluate. Have fun, and good luck!

I'm AFK. Well, not really. I'm just not paying attention to the game, but don't worry. I'm still paying attention to the game.

[Image: EE3QTGr.jpg][Image: V2MD2B0.jpg][Image: Q0h0bXq.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-07-2018, 06:59 PM
(08-07-2018 03:57 PM)unixadmin Wrote:  [*]The member house (Tisjstme) is looking good.
[*]There are a few lighting issues up by the main farms, over by the residential plots, and a few more south by the floating houses. Feel free to ask around if someone with a light level mod can come help you, there should be plenty of people to help.
[/list]

Thanks UniA I like my little house too.. XD
As for lighting I went over that island and lit it all up, then yesterday when I logged on I noticed they did more work and re-lit those areas...
Don't tell me they did more dark spots.. lol

[Image: QC6qx5D.png]
08-08-2018, 02:55 PM
After reviewing, there has been progress, which I like. The Founder's houses are more livable, and the Town Center has had some work done on it. There's still a few missing things, though:
  • There need to be more directional signs around the island. These will help players find where they are going, no matter where they are on the island. You don't have to list off every build on the island, but the big things like "Farms", "Town Hall", "Residential Plots", and such should be posted on the signs. Just make sure you have those signs spread out all over, so we can find our way around, no matter where we are.
  • While there is no town wall because this is an island, and the current border has been marked, after following up with blackdragon about getting a cubiod region, the bouys that mark the edges will need to be moved into a rectangle for the region placement. (Still needs to be done, I believe blackdragon has all the andesite he will need to build the extra bouys into a rectangle around the island.)
  • There are a few lighting issues up by the main farms, over by the residential plots, and a few more south by the floating houses. Light levels need to be at 8 or greater (If you are using the LightLevelOverlay mod, or another light mod, check for light levels of 8 or more. If you are using the vanilla f3, check the "block" light level, not "sky"). If you don't have a light level mod, or you can't get one, and you can't find the spot, feel free to ask around if someone with a light level mod can come help you, there should be plenty of people to help. (Specifically, these spots that aren't lit up enough are mostly on top of houses or other builds, which is why you won't notice them from the ground. Hostile mobs can still spawn on rooftops and come hurt players though!)
Once these 3 things are taken care of, then you can reply in this thread, and myself or another A+ will come re-evaluate the village. Have fun, and good luck!

I'm AFK. Well, not really. I'm just not paying attention to the game, but don't worry. I'm still paying attention to the game.

08-08-2018, 03:36 PM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2018 03:37 PM by SpamSammich.)
'Ello uni just one thing here, there is no specific rule that you need roads or direction signs. The town center needs directions but it does not specify the rest of the village area needs them as its more of a town vote thing more than a village requirement. So like as of the requirements as they are right now, all they need is for tis to go around a second time with torches and to mark out the boundaries?

[Image: MCNT_575155bb22163_2.png]
Nubbing on CV since 9th May 2015
Proud Mayor of Inferno CV 5
Proud Mayor of Piraeus CV 6
"The Great Delfic Omletacle!"
08-08-2018, 06:09 PM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2018 06:10 PM by Tisjstme.)
Thanks QD.. pick me out to light the place up. rofl.
I will get out today and see what else needs lighting

08-09-2018, 09:44 PM
After the recent review, and noting my errors on the directions being needed around town vs. just the town center (my mistake, I'll take blame), I am pleased to announce that Oceania is an official CV village!

You have a new cubiod region called 'oceania'. The Founders/Mayor listed out in the original post are the owners of the region, with the Members that were posted being members on that region. You may subzone any plots that you wish within the region. If you need help with subzoning, you can check out wacktopia's guide here, or you can ask any Staff member in-game, and we will be happy to help.

If you would like an NBZ placed around the village, please either post in this thread requesting one, or put in a modreq, and it will be evaluated at that time for an NBZ.

Once again, congradulations to Oceania!

08-09-2018, 10:24 PM
Gratz guys!

[Image: 5117534.png]
08-10-2018, 07:43 PM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2018 07:49 PM by Tisjstme.)
Gratz guys.

(08-09-2018 09:44 PM)unixadmin Wrote:  You have a new cubiod region called 'oceania'. You may subzone plots. If you need help, you can check out wacktopia's guide here.

I find Meyo's video guide here also useful with 2 different videos in this thread. You pick which is easiest for u to understand. Making subzones is quite easy once u get the hang of it. I also suggest here to make up and down expands when doing them... Plus if you want people who live in town to be able to mine below it, you may want to do a mining subzone below a certain level. Like Uni said, if u need help with any of this call on someone who knows or a staff. Smile Have a nice time subzoning.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)