Current time: 12-15-2018, 06:01 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Poll: Should we allow talk of 15+ games in chat if they don’ t use rude words or talk about inappropriate things.
This poll is closed.
Yes. We should 29.17% 7 29.17%
No we shouldn’t 45.83% 11 45.83%
I honestly don’t know. 16.67% 4 16.67%
We should allow talk of whatever we want! 8.33% 2 8.33%
Total 24 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Should we ban talk of 15+ games in chat?
08-08-2018, 02:27 PM
Should we ban talk of 15+ games in chat?
No, not in my opinion, this is a petition. I think that we should be able to talk about 15+ games if we don’t use rude words or talk about inappropriate subjects.[/font]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2018, 03:04 PM
RE: Should we ban talk of 15+ games in chat?
15+ games may contain more mature content, swearing etc which could spark younger childrens attention. They may search these games or download these games not knowing of it or whatever. Its not a rule that you cant talk about it. Its just preferable you dont. Its preferable you talk about clean games.

[Image: MCNT_575155bb22163_2.png]
Nubbing on CV since 9th May 2015
Proud Mayor of Inferno CV 5
Proud Mayor of Piraeus CV 6
"The Great Delfic Omletacle!"
08-08-2018, 04:55 PM
This is my opinion on this matter.

CV's always been a FAMILY friendly server. And most games that are +15 include subjects and ideas we do not support on CV. As QD mentioned, a younger player can search those type of games and get in big trouble with their parents or guardian. For example; "But, the people on CV mentioned the game, I was curious!" said the 10 year old. The admin team will have to deal with an angry mob of parents who are rightfully protective of their childeren and what they play. They will question us about our term "Family Friendly".
08-08-2018, 05:54 PM
So, talking about other games isn't against the rules to my knowledge. I've seen many people talk about other games (That isn't MC) and it was ok. Now talking about/advertising other servers is against the rules but talking about other games isn't, but if those games have non-family friendly content it may be best not to openly talk about them.

Mayor of CV6 Village 'MountainView'
[Image: AcqV4Nc.jpg]
08-08-2018, 06:03 PM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2018 06:06 PM by Tisjstme.)
Idk any other games but MC so I can't really make a comment on 15+ games, but I do know that, like Cave said, we have to watch the content for the kids sake.
So I really don't know, but I think when its late and mostly 15+ aged ppl are on then it 'could' be ok.

[Image: QC6qx5D.png]
And Quest Builder. Smile
08-08-2018, 09:42 PM
I personally see this as a non-issue. Either people are vague enough that it doesn't matter or they get too graphic and get in trouble.
On the off chance someone does go looking something up they shouldn't, well I shouldn't be held accountable for someone else's poor decision.

What's with the sudden poll though? Did something happen to prompt it or just curiosity or stirring the pot or what?

Throw me into a lake and I'll make it the second Dead Sea.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Proudly waiting for quests, only four and a half years and counting.
08-08-2018, 10:14 PM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2018 10:19 PM by Oinkerz.)
There are some games out there that are given the “T” (teen) rating for cartoon violence, among other things. When mentioning games that are given that rating or higher , I would use your better judgement and ask “Would I recommend that a young child play this?” While we have an audience of older players, we have many more younger ones. If you are ever unsure, I would play it safe and refrain from speaking about the game where everyone can hear you. In my opinion, some games’ ratings aren’t accurate, such as a game like Terraria, but you must ask to yourself if it is a family friendly game. This is just my personal view of this.

[Image: v1W1uWvl.png]
Steam: Oinkerz
Instagram: OinkerzMC
08-08-2018, 10:46 PM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2018 10:47 PM by Ares_Child.)
I've asked before and you CAN talk about 15+ games but just like privately. For example in group chat where you know your whole group is older and nobody will get in trouble for anything or in a /msg with someone its all fine.
But still maybe its better to just talk to people about things on discord or something.

08-08-2018, 10:48 PM
15 is a weird number. Why don’t you say 18+ or 17+.

Retired Mayor of Saint Redwood.
IGN: MichaelSteve
08-08-2018, 11:05 PM
Because, who wants to wait till 18 or 17? 15 is much closer

[Image: MCNT_575155bb22163_2.png]
Nubbing on CV since 9th May 2015
Proud Mayor of Inferno CV 5
Proud Mayor of Piraeus CV 6
"The Great Delfic Omletacle!"
08-09-2018, 12:58 AM
(08-08-2018 10:48 PM)MichaelSteve Wrote:  15 is a weird number. Why don’t you say 18+ or 17+.

I believe 15+ is one of the ratings for the European version of ESRB, and well most places are a good bit more censorship happy than America.

Throw me into a lake and I'll make it the second Dead Sea.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Proudly waiting for quests, only four and a half years and counting.
08-09-2018, 11:35 AM
I think if you want to talk about a game--any game--do it in group chat. You know who's in your group and if the people in your group are over a certain age. I would hope that if you're old enough to play "mature" games you have mature people in your group.

I would prefer that Global Chat be preserved for, you know...Minecraft.

Now putting my MOMerator hat back on, staff are here to keep the chat clean and family friendly. Please don't make our jobs harder than it needs to be. If you have doubts about a topic, then don't bring it up.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-09-2018, 01:39 PM
Well oops on my part. I clicked the wrong vote and said we should allow talk of teen based games but that wasn't what I wanted to do. So big oops on my part there and let me go on the record that I'm not in favor of talk for teen/adult games.

Now, I think this is actually a 2 part question that hasn't been discussed yet.

Part 1 - allow talk of other games
Part 2 - allow talk of teen/mature games

Part 1 thoughts - Personally talk of other games, I don't know why you'd want to. Minecraft is such a large game of options compared to Fortnite. Example, in MC you can build structures, designs circuits, explore, fight mobs if you want, yes play PVP if your heart desires, or best yet make your own games! MC is so much more than any canned game like Fortnite where you only goal it to kill your friends with some type of weapon you find or steal. Not what I call the best moral compass game and disappointing in my thoughts. - so chatting about other games I don't know why when there are so many things to do in MC. Just have to think about it and grow.

Part 2 thoughts - talking about teen/mature games. No way! CV is a family server and I like to keep the chat as friendly as possible for the little ones, mine included. There are loads of other 'teen/adult minecraft servers' to go play if you want bad language or even worse bad attitudes or just being mean to other people. In our world there are so many mean people out there and I like having CV as a place to get away from that and be safe. There has already a few times I've turned off all chat just because the chat has become risky in my view and I refuse to be part of it. Discord is quickly becoming my chat so that I can control the negative things or desire to fight all the time.

So my views are out there. Family server means family chat in my view. If it isn't something you'd say in front of your dad, mom or grandmother than I'd say it doesn't belong here.

Remember being respectable/honorable means doing the right thing when no one is watching you.
08-09-2018, 07:02 PM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2018 07:03 PM by Tisjstme.)
I agree with the comments here and I have at times in global chat made mistakes, as too I have deleted something I was typing because I felt it was inappropriate or too adult for CV. So yeah, just think before u hit that enter button, say to yourself, 'Is this 'ok' to say?'.

[Image: QC6qx5D.png]
And Quest Builder. Smile
08-09-2018, 09:44 PM
(08-09-2018 07:02 PM)Tisjstme Wrote:  say to yourself, 'Is this 'ok' to say?'.
Matter what you say or how you say it, someone will get offended.

Retired Mayor of Saint Redwood.
IGN: MichaelSteve

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)