Current time: 04-25-2019, 02:33 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
What was old cv like?
12-17-2018, 06:03 PM
RE: What was old cv like?
So true QD.. XD
I also see Wally was just a nubmod too and Sae was a smod, WOW. They sure have come a long way since then, cause I would say this pic was taken about 2 to 2 and a half years back.
Also I miss Cloud. :'(

[Image: gH5DYm3.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-17-2018, 08:08 PM
Rip Cloud Rip Angel Rip Mr Cloud ;-;

[Image: MCNT_575155bb22163_2.png]
Nubbing on CV since 9th May 2015
Proud Mayor of Inferno CV 5
Proud Mayor of Piraeus CV 6
"The Great Delfic Omletacle!"
12-17-2018, 08:34 PM
(12-17-2018 08:08 PM)SpamSammich Wrote:  Rip Cloud Rip Angel Rip Mr Cloud ;-;

;-;

[Image: 9hFgfLU.jpg]
"A Sammich is not just a sandwich; it is not just a meal. Sammich is a term reserved for only the holiest and mightiest of all sandwiches. A Sammich is a true work of culinary art"
12-17-2018, 11:25 PM
(12-17-2018 08:34 PM)DarkElf Wrote:  
(12-17-2018 08:08 PM)SpamSammich Wrote:  Rip Cloud Rip Angel Rip Mr Cloud ;-;

;-;

;-; R.I.P.

[Image: Sig.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-24-2018, 02:49 PM
(11-29-2018 06:02 PM)Monikorpse Wrote:  But back to the important matter here! A question was asked and the old lady is here to answer.

I joined during CV Map 3, nearish the end of it. For reference, I believe Map 3 started around March of 2012, it ended in April of 2013. So I was a Citizen for all of my time on Map 3. I can’t find my screenshots from 3 right now, so maybe I can revisit this thread later (if I can get the map download to work).

So, here are some fun little pictures and fun facts about CV 4 for you:

Cubeville Map 4 launched on April 12, 2013. There are a lot of similarities between the CVCs of Map 4 and Map 6.

For instance, /spawn was located in the middle of CVC much like it is today. Even the view at /spawn should seem familiar with all the staff heads denoting which staff member is which rank. Smile

We had a flea market near /spawn where players could purchase chests to sell an item. These look similarly to how they do today too!

The classic Cubeville sign and directional markers at /spawn were also there.

The Staff HQ building stood tall (REALLY TALL) during CVC 4 as well…. It has shrinked in size a bit over the years, but still holds just as many staff members’ offices. Smile

Carls Jr was there too, of course.

---
But, there are also a lot of differences between the CVCs of Map 4 and 6.

As an example: There were no Farm Lands on CV 4! We had tree farms, a melon farm, and an ice farm -- all of which were located inside of CVC.

(Little fun fact: The Acacia and Dark Oak trees were released during an update that occurred on this map. So when the map started, we had a much smaller farm of only 4 saplings of each type: Birch, Oak, Spruce, and Jungle. This picture is of the SECOND tree farm that was built much later in the map!)

There were was no Quest world on CV 4. Instead, people came to this little hut in CVC to pick up small quests which didn’t give perk rewards.

CVC used to be A LOT bigger, with many more plots for people to buy. Unfortunately, this meant we had a bunch of empty, unused plots.

There used to be a large theme-park right outside of CVC! It was called Kio Land and was built primarily (or entirely) by an Admin called nwb.

There was also a big airport, CV International, which connected to CVC.

And lastly, there didn’t used to be highways on Map 4…. We had Sky-ways. Here is a picture of the one nearest the airport.

Cubeville Map 4 ended and Map 5 launched on February 22, 2015.
I have loads of other pictures from Map 4 and from Map 5 as well if you are curious about what certain places looked like. CV has been a fun ride these past 6 years. Smile

That CVC was so much fun to build. But you left out the sewers, CVPower, and my all time favorite:

[Image: 2011-10-28_213034_734265.jpg]

[Image: APfhN.png]
12-24-2018, 07:39 PM
Hi Neede... Umm I mean Needa...
One can not forget the Avenger.
Smile
Yeah The sewers and Power plant in Map 3 (we are talking about the 2 Nuclear plants 1 and 2 here right?).

12-26-2018, 01:49 PM
I haven't been on for cv very long..i joined about a year and a half ago, somehwhat towards the end of map 5. There are things i like and dislike about both
For example, in map 5 we had less players than we do now, so there was more unclaimed wilderness. Whereas in map 6 i find it challenging to find a place that isn't regioned.
However, I do like how you can just walk in the portal, and you dont have to find the button. I remember how I would only use hub during the day, because at night it would become very dark, and i couldn't see any of the buttons.
I loved both maps though, and I can't wait to see many more! Good job staffers

Somebody once said something, and then that somebody did something ~ someone
Please don't eat me! I may sound yummy, but trust me, WallyDonkey tastes better.
Proud mayor of my imagination
Nubs are the source of everything. Everyone is a nub.
HaVe A nUbBy DaY
12-28-2018, 08:39 PM (This post was last modified: 12-28-2018 08:44 PM by MSHD.)
I joined in 2013, during Map 4. I met friends like RedStarling, Molestic, Moni, PinkstoneGeek, snowydesert, and many more.. Will never forget the times we all had during Map 4. There were so many people online, the atmosphere was so fun. I was online for hours every day, CV was my home. Speaking of homes, Map 4 was when I built my largest house ever, a towering, tacky and gaudy cathedral of quartz and blue stained glass:

[Image: 6sABySf.png]

[Image: d3K3Phm.png]

I also met tisjstme, and became a mayor of Dragonvale, where I took my mayor duties very seriously Tongue

Map 5 was also fun, I built my favorite house ever in Dragonvale II (I have no screenshots unfortunately but it was 2 stories, made of granite, andesite, etc, very open-air and modern). My friends had started to leave but I still recognized a lot of people when I logged on.

I left before the Map 6, have just logged on for the first time in at least a year. I hardly recognize anyone online except Tis and some of the staff. I miss maps 4 and 5 and my old friends so much but I know times change and people grow up (I know I have grown so much since when I was active here, lol). I don't know if I'll ever come back to Minecraft but I'll never forget the fun "Old CV" brought into my life.

(Also my signature is the iconic sign and CVC skyline of Map 4).

[Image: ohZ8tpF.png]
12-29-2018, 07:21 PM
I dont think I ever saw ur map 4 home.. it don't ring any bells to me. But as for map 5 DVII.. we have the world here on CV6 where u can go there and look around.. if u want to take some pics of it. Portals work too but r walk in ones. Just cant open chests or break things etc.(well u can for carts and boats..)
I can see my map 4 shop too in that CV pic.. the redstone, cyan and purple just behind the C. OMG I can see the ICE (behind 'U'), SAND (behind 'L') farms and the top of the CARL's JR star in front of the ice. Way on the left is Kioland.

12-30-2018, 01:03 AM (This post was last modified: 12-30-2018 01:06 AM by MSHD.)
(12-29-2018 07:21 PM)Tisjstme Wrote:  I dont think I ever saw ur map 4 home.. it don't ring any bells to me. But as for map 5 DVII.. we have the world here on CV6 where u can go there and look around.. if u want to take some pics of it. Portals work too but r walk in ones. Just cant open chests or break things etc.(well u can for carts and boats..)
I can see my map 4 shop too in that CV pic.. the redstone, cyan and purple just behind the C. OMG I can see the ICE (behind 'U'), SAND (behind 'L') farms and the top of the CARL's JR star in front of the ice. Way on the left is Kioland.

Lol, I remember u visited my Map 4 house once; also I downloaded map 5 and saw all the stuff PJ left in my mailbox and the chest you put in my house of all his gifts.. oops lol.

In the pic u can also see Mol’s tower (X’s next to the QR code) where the basement was my base at one point, and my plot was to the left of that, though I never built much on it.

[Image: ohZ8tpF.png]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)