Current time: 05-20-2019, 03:12 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
[Town] Primarie
01-11-2019, 12:23 AM
RE: Primarie
No no no no no.... should have got 90+%
noooo
This not right this not fare.
WHY??
They worked so hard on that place and all them floating islands.. Nooo
Tis gives revote score of 91%

Free portal now.

BY the way.. Gratz Guyz.

[Image: gH5DYm3.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2019, 07:59 AM
Congrats! The new town looks awesome

[Image: Rz7OzOR_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape...ity=medium]
Signature by Lime! Big Grin

Minecraft Heart
01-11-2019, 11:07 AM
(01-11-2019 12:09 AM)TheEndlessSummer Wrote:  Thanks everyone! Also may we get the voting breakdown?

I'll be on the computer in a bit and I'll get that for you.

[Image: bsIuV2o.png]
01-11-2019, 01:31 PM
Okay, thanks lissa!

Founder of Primarie (Main Island Designer)
[Image: iY6RsAa.png]
[Image: LtR4a2a.jpg]
01-11-2019, 02:25 PM
As requested, the voting breakdown:

•Town Design• 65.5/70 = 94%

Spoiler Expand
Very very well done here. All the islands themselves (not counting the builds on them) follow the same theme and general design, but you can tell that they each have their own individual attention. They aren't cookie-cutter designs for event the basic things, like the underside of the island, and the top of the island shape. They all float at different heights, all individual. Everything on the islands shows the time and attention that went into it. Common designs and materials, but each are done in an individual way, and show the creativeness of the builders. Even the non-islands are awesome, including the large ships, the hot air balloons, and birds flying between the islands. All very well done, awesome detail, just shows a ton of effort and care for the design and the actual execution of building this.
10/10

So well done! Each build had this sort of unique feel to it, and I really like how each had it's own name. Everything follows the same theme all through out, and some have an extra theme to it which makes it very nice. The names of the islands stood out to me, I really liked how they're related to what goes there (Maison Island had plots, Aliments had food etc...). It really helped that it told you which island you were on, and I didn't get confused when I tried to figure out which cool island I was on.
10/10

All the builds are really well designed, and definitely a ton of effort went into making them. However, there was nothing particularly awe-striking about the builds in Primarie other than the boats, which are amazing.
9.5/10

The town design is a fairly unique concept for Cubeville, floating islands with medieval style builds. It is well executed and all of the infrastructure and town builds adhere reasonably well with the style, with plenty of nice decorative touches. The only detraction is in the shopping region, where the build do not fit the style. I'm not sure if this was a conscious decision for the shop region, or a lapse in enforcement of the stated style. I also found the design of the lift stations, although visually appealing, difficult to find among the rest of the builds, although they can be found by looking up in the sky for a cloud.
9/10

First off, I’d like to congratulate you for coming up with such a neat concept of having “floating islands in the sky” it’s really something unique and there must have been lots of effort put in just to make the island. While the blocks are simple, the color combination between the spruce and terracotta is stunning and it’s really pleasing to walk around, it gives a very calm vibe. You also put lots of effort into detail, lots of towns skip this factor, but it’s the detail that makes your town a whole. The ships and hot air balloons gives it a nice finishing touch.
9.5/10

The entire town is beautiful! The islands in the sky are pretty unique to CV, and I love the feel of the town. The boats, air balloons, and birds are really nice and add to the overall theme. The bridges are well done and I like that the roads are a path rather than a straight road. The little touches on the various islands are nice too, the palm tree, playground, pumpkins, etc.
9.5/10

I love this place. It is absolutely gorgeous and well thought out.
LOVE the radio tower xD
As part of the design, I'd like to see better or more obvious districts that are easily located from the portal.
8/10

•Layout and Ease of Movement• 57/70 = 81%

Spoiler Expand
There are paths and bridges everywhere - very easy to move throughout the town and between islands.
I really like that there are several elytra clouds around.
I looked all around town hall for a town center with directions but couldn't find one. I even asked other staff if they had found one...looks like I'm not the only one that's lost.
Ease of movement 10/10. Layout - I have no idea where I'm going lol. Are there districts? Is there an area that is strictly residentail, or is it kinda spread everywhere?
6/10

It is nice to have each island tell you where you are. However I had a hard time finding my way around. The hardest part for me was finding particular places when I didn't know which bridges to take. I wandered around a lot before I found what I was looking for.
One thing that would help though is signs by each bridge telling you what other islands are across the bridges, or small maps around.
7.5/10

The island design is very unique and interesting! It isn't super practical and it might be a little easy to get lost, so a little more signage would be useful. The elytra clouds definitely make it much easier to move around in case you get lost too.
9/10

Easy to flow between the islands, it's very clear where each of the paths are and where the bridges are. Every island has its own theme (various residential types per island, shop plots, farms, etc), and follows that theme very well. Directions are posted on the bridges to each of the main islands, telling which island(s) you are going towards. Even the islands themselves have a banner heading (Wither Boss Bar) that tell you which island you are on.
10/10

I knew where I was going because of the withers, and the signs on the bridges. I did get lost a bit trying to go back and forth from Premier to other islands, but quickly got back on the path. Speaking of the path, it was clear and I knew that I was on it and not wandering somewhere else.
9.5/10

The layout is nice, with plots of a particular size grouped and particular islands. The lifts up to the elytra clouds is a nice touch, since they can be used to get the lay of the land and quickly get to other islands if you have an elytra. However, if you don't have an elytra, navigating the bridges between islands can be a somewhat slow process. Very little directional signage; the only one I found was to the town hall from the portal. There are other signs that tell what location you've come to, which are not as useful. Also, nothing indicating what class of plots is on each island, so prospective residents can know the price.
7/10

The layout is well done, didn’t get too lost. But some sign posts would help players that aren’t that great with maps and orientation. It’s also a lovely idea that each island has its own name.
8/10

•Commodities and Amenities• 49/70 = 70%

Spoiler Expand
The villager-run farms are really cool and seems pretty useful. However, there isn't much room for the animals at all in the little farmhouse, so it just isn't very practical. I also didn't see any villager, xp, iron farms, arenas, or any other activities around.
7/10

There were variety in the farms, and a lot of it for players to use. Lots of variety in animals as well, would definitely come over and use if I needed crops and animal item drops. I would of liked to see another type of farm such as a gunpowder or iron farm, something you don't find often. It would be very handy for players to use.
9.5/10

The farms are very well thought out, and designed such that they flow really well with the shape of the island vs. just being cut and set into "normal" shapes. I also love the auto-restocking food farm, that makes it very convienent for players who just need something quick. The animal food farms are also really nice to have. On another island, I really like the enchanting station that is set up. I would have liked to see other sorts of farms or supply stations here, including things like iron farms, netherwart, or other not-as-common items. Other ideas would be to have town-run shops nearby for items that may be more of a common need, but can't necessarily be a "farm" item.
7.5/10

Very limited amenities, the only things I saw were the farms and the enchanting table. I really like the farm, not having seen one like this in a Cubeville town before. The underground structure is immpressive, and I'm assuming will provide the needs of the town. Othe than that, the town is lacking many of the amenities commonly found in a town these days. It seems there should be plenty of space between the interiors of islands and under the sea bed, so I would like to see more provided.
5/10

I like the free food by the farms. That'll be gone in no time
Smol animal area is well-populated. Could use more spacee for more breeding.
I see the outdoor chapel - very nice.
I don't see anything that stands out as being extremely helpful or a draw to live here other than the fact that it's pretty. I don't see any xp farms or resources beyond food.
5/10

The farms are basic - animals, plants, and villagers, but it would be nice to have a pigman grinder or iron farm also. I'm not sure what your plans are for the under water area other than the farm, so maybe a pigman grinder could be set up at a later date? would be a nice additional feature.
7/10

As mentioned by other voters, an iron,gold farm etc... would be handy for the players. It’s also a popular attraction to boost up your town’s populatiry, so I would look into that in the futur. There is enough variety of food and crops. Also I loved the little chicken farm, cute and practicle.
8/10

•Sustainability• 56/70 = 80%

Spoiler Expand
There's a decent amount of both residential and shop plots, however, there isn't much room for growth or new town builds due to the floating-island setup. I don't think town activity is very sustainable due to this.
8/10

There's a good amount of plots and shop plots, I really liked the amount given on each island. Whether they like selling or need a home, there's enough plots for them to purchase. All good!
9/10

Looks like there are plenty of plots and plenty to keep people here.
8/10

Plenty of residential and shop plots. While there are initial shop plots, I really don't see any residents other than in the "special" plots. Since I assume that build plots are strictly above ground, this might be a drawback for some residents and hurt sustainablity somewhat, balanced against the plus of the town design. I addressed amenities in the previous section, so I won't ding it again here.
7/10

Well, the biggest issue here is that, over time you might run out of shop plots on the islands, so unless you add some island over time there might be an issue. There are enough “home” plots, not too many but enough.
8/10

The amount of residential and commercial plots on the islands feels good. Most people will want to just have a house, and there are plenty of plots for a good number of people to have one. Not everyone will want to or be able to run a shop, and the Founders have recognized that. The amount of commercial plots is very nice, such that it won't feel empty, but there will be enough shops to feel like there is some commerce happening.
10/10

I see quite a bit of wheat, carrots, potatoes and beetroot. Currently they are not harvestable, though I see a subzone. Will this be for residents only or is it purely decoration? Are the "free food" chests the only way to get crops?
I have been wandering around looking for shops. I found four buildings that are set up for shops and only four total sales chests from 3 different people. Hopefully this will get bigger and better as the place grows.
It's hard to tell which plots are for shops and which are for homes. I *assume* that there are still 9 shop plots available?
Currently Primarie seems rather empty, which is odd given that there is a portal right next door at Aramore.
6/10

•Surrounding Area• 28.75/35 = 82%

Spoiler Expand
Given that its a floating island village, not much work could be done here. I would've liked to see some small builds bordering the islands so that it isn't just empty sky. Down on the water, there isn't much to complain about again other than its general emptiness.
4/5

Surrounded by ocean, Aramore, Oracle and a couple of nice little bases, it looks nice.
5/5

Water, so not much to do here. Looks good.
4/5

Very clean, everything is neat and nice all through out the islands. All clean down in the water too, and the little lift pads were neat.
4.5/5

Clean. Very clean. Up in the air is spotless. Down on the water is almost perfect when it comes to clean. I that the the islands that were cut off to be below the water's surface could have been cut a bit lower, and shaped to make it seem like they weren't simply cut off to keep them from being on the surface, but to make them look more natural. Other than that, nothing wrong.
4.75/5

The island look natural and there wasn’t much work that needed to be done regarding this factor. The platforms in the water were a nice detail.
4/5

Open water, with other builds fairly close by on all sides. Not great but not terrible.
2.5/5

•Town Wall• 33.5/35 = 96%
Spoiler Expand
No complaints. Majority of the build is floating, so no real "wall" needed, the rest is on the ocean, so only the bouys are needed. And they all follow the same theme, but have a nice color pattern to them, and are spaced evenly and such. Very well done.
5/5

Since this is a floating island village, there isn't a wall needed, so technically there's nothing I really need to say. I do like the different coloured buoys though! They're all even and nicely made. Good job!
5/5

Again its a floating island village, so no wall is really needed.
5/5

No actual wall, but the border is marked by buoys of a reasonable design. I'm also including the lift stations from the ocean as part of the wall, which are fairly nice. For the design of the town, the setup seems reasonable.
4.5/5

No wall needed, the buoys are nicely made and fit the theme.
4.5/5

The buoys look nice and fit in with the theme. good choice
4.5/5

No wall necessary - in the ocean. I like how your buoys incorporate the primary color theme you have in the town.
5/5

Score total 289.75 / 350 = .827 or 83%

Passed - Quality Town

[Image: bsIuV2o.png]
01-11-2019, 04:34 PM
congrats Primarie!

[Image: E85Ici0.jpg?1]
Birch Hollows Spleef Hoster
And MountainView Founder
01-12-2019, 01:22 PM
Congrats! ^-^
01-12-2019, 01:44 PM
Congratulations! You should have got premium as tis said... But oh well.. at least you got quality which is still AMAZING. GL for the future!

'Nub is the legendary existance.'
Founder of official CV6 villages, Bluedenia and Stonalia
Very proud member of rift army
[Image: f59LMdD.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-13-2019, 10:19 AM
Congrats on quality town Primarie

[Image: kFiF9xA.jpg]
Mayor of the leafy village of Ellndale
01-13-2019, 01:07 PM
I too agree with Tis and Lime. This is an awesome idea - it is unique, well thought out, and planned; not to mention the beauty.

I do not understand why the score was so low. You deserve a free portal.

You guys and gals did an AMAZING job!

Kudos to you.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)