Current time: 02-23-2019, 05:43 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Landmark Goldencove: a pirate’s playground, a player's fantasy, a traveller’s den.
01-19-2019, 02:22 PM
RE: Goldencove: a pirate’s playground, a player's fantasy, a traveller’s den.
(01-19-2019 01:20 PM)appygal Wrote:  Enjoyed my first spleef game here the other day Wink

rofl you won you cow! xD (Smile)

[Image: E85Ici0.jpg?1]
Birch Hollows Spleef Hoster
And MountainView Founder
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-19-2019, 06:55 PM
(01-19-2019 12:48 PM)Lime_247Forum Wrote:  GRATZ GUYZ !!!!
is this an arena or a landmark just wondering? Tongue

It's both.

[Image: gH5DYm3.png]
01-19-2019, 07:59 PM
(01-19-2019 06:55 PM)Tisjstme Wrote:  

It's both.

Technically, we're a landmark. It's not what we originally planned, but as kept adding more things - mnigames, hunts, builds - we decided that we weren't just a spleef arena anymore. We would've loved to be alongside Birch Hollows, but we also believed that getting landmark status was something more special to us than getting Arena status. Think of it this way: we're a landmark, but the arena is just one of the things that Goldencove has to offer.

hi there
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-19-2019, 08:35 PM
(01-19-2019 07:59 PM)pixelflow Wrote:  
(01-19-2019 06:55 PM)Tisjstme Wrote:  

It's both.

Technically, we're a landmark. It's not what we originally planned, but as kept adding more things - mnigames, hunts, builds - we decided that we weren't just a spleef arena anymore. We would've loved to be alongside Birch Hollows, but we also believed that getting landmark status was something more special to us than getting Arena status. Think of it this way: we're a landmark, but the arena is just one of the things that Goldencove has to offer.
^^ Smile

.•♫•♬• I ᗩᗰ _KITTYᑕᗩIT Iᑎ GᗩᗰE, ᖴEEᒪ ᖴᖇEE TO ᔕᗩY ᕼI! •♬•♫•.
01-20-2019, 02:51 PM
Congrats to you all, must come by and see the finished product soon.

[Image: kFiF9xA.jpg]
Mayor of the leafy village of Ellndale
02-09-2019, 05:12 PM
Veeeery late but as requested:

Uniqueness
69/80

Spoiler Expand
The island is pretty unique! All the builds match the theme of the island. The builds are pretty good, but not amazing. I like the unique ideas added to the island, like the scavenger hunt and island history quizzes.
8.5/10

Overall the landmark was really unique. With lots of different puzzles and quests it stands out from the other landmarks on this map. I would have liked to see a little more variety in the quests, but all in all very well done.
8/10

I enjoyed the various games and puzzles around the island. It is definitely a unique theme. I like the use of region greetings to make the characters speak, and the variety of things to try.
8/10

Pretty unique, lots of fun things to do all around the island. I liked the scavenger hunt, the lighthouse parkour, and there's a bunch of other cool things too. Well done!
8/10

I really like the amount of work that has gone in here. You can tell that quite a bit of time was spent, from all the main attractions down to the small details around the island, such as the pathways, trees/grass, caves, etc. All very well done.
9.5/10

The island is definitely very unique. Every part of the island has some sort of building and exploring the island was quite fun. The puzzles were cool, but I would have liked to see more or longer puzzles.
9/10

There's many different attractions here, all with a theme and plenty to do to keep you busy for quite a while. I really liked the attention to details such as the seaplants in the oceans, and the animal grove/swimming with the banner squids. The artwork walls in the player fall zone was very nice, although one wall seemed to be incomplete? I also would've like to see a tiny bit more color in the outside portions.
9/10

This place is definitely unique. I haven't seen another landmark with so many games and activities.

I really like the whole theme of this place. I think there is still room to add more activities in the future and the ones that are already here are unique (Bark Bark Baa).
9/10

Ingenuity
65/80

Spoiler Expand
The blocks used here fit in well with the biome. I would have preferred less of the soul sand - it's weird to randomly slow down. The bottom-half halfslabs made me think there were holes in the ground that I was going to fall into. Both blocks DO add to the texture of the path through.
8/10

The block choice is pretty solid, gives that deserted island, "use shipwreck materials to get the job done" but looks great doing so. 2 complaints here though.
1: There were enough soul sand and half slabs in the paths to continuously break my sprint, eventually becoming annoying enough that I avoided the paths.
2: The 2nd and most important thing is the numerous lighting issues everywhere within the island. Most of it is lit up, which is great, but there's probably upwards of 30 or 40 little spots where it's dark enough to spawn mobs. Many on the hill surrounding spleef, rooftops, paths, tall grassy areas, caved in café, the beach, etc etc. I had a run in with a creeper trying to play volleyball, as if it had arms to play.
6/10

I really love the builds around the island and their different dialogues and stories; however, I would have liked to see more color in the builds. A lot of the builds have really basic color palettes, and even though they look good they lack color.
8.5/10

The block choice may be more on the basic side of things for the majority of the build/island, but everything has been used with a purpose, creating great detail and design on the island. Maybe a little bit, just a small bit, of additional variety could have been added, but I personally would be happy with this.Very well done here.
8.5/10

The color palette is nice, but gets a little repetitive, so I would add a few more blocks and colors. Some more blues and perhaps yellows may look nice with the oranges and grays you have now, but overall it's pretty good.
9/10

The island flows well over all, I'd use maybe some colored wool or something to make umbrellas rather than the wood, but over all is nice. One thing I'd suggest is to very thoroughly go through and check your lighting. while lighting isn't required for landmarks, I met several unfriendly beings here while I visited over night. I don't think you'd want your visitors to meet them.
7.5/10

All the builds on the island work well together. Everything from the shipwreck to the spleef arena itself was built in a very similar style. My only problem is the little variation between building blocks, one or two additional block types used on the builds and you've got a perfect 10.
9/10

Everything on the island was built with a specific purpose, and it seems a lot of focus went into detail on little things, like making the paths match the tropical theme of the rest of the island. Some builds could use a slightly different color pallet to make it more appealing.
8.5/10

Timelessness
67.5/80

Spoiler Expand
The island has lots of little mini-games to keep players busy. Although small, Goldencove is also a nice island to just walk around and explore for a bit. I don't think people will stay here for a long time, but as long as there is something going on at Goldencove, I think it will attract people.
8.5/10

The puzzles and quests can all be completed in a relatively short period of time. Adding a couple more of these throughout the island would definitely help. But once they've been completed it's still nice to explore the island, and of course once spleef matches are being held I'm sure that it will be visited often.
7.5/10

I think players might come back a couple of times to do the various activities. Players always like spleef, so i'm sure they'd come for that also, especially with a portal.
8.5/10

There's lots of things to do here, enough that I think players will come back several times, not even counting spleef if it's regularly hosted.
8.5/10

From a "coming back from a future map" perspective, I would come back and visit this. If I saw this while flying around exploring the old map, I definately would stop. On the current map, I would come back every now and then, it's definately a very good build.
8/10

I think players will come back several times for the puzzles and to just explore the island. Including spleef events, I'm sure players will come back several times.
8.5/10

There's lots to do, see, and find here, lots of effort has been put into this category. The quiz boxes with prizes at each one is a cute idea, it's always nice to be able to take home souvenirs. There's spleef which is triple layered, and is great for revisiting value as well.
10/10

Will it stand up as well as Funland in CV5? I'm not sure, though it is similar in concept. I would like to see more activities added in the future to bring players to the place. I think it is a well-thought out concept with lots of potential.
8/10

[Image: aoLQ5TU.jpg?1]
02-09-2019, 05:44 PM
Thanks Wally!

hi there
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)