Current time: 04-26-2019, 08:21 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
8 Years a Staff
04-17-2019, 04:04 AM
8 Years a Staff
I first signed on to Cubeville almost exactly 8 years ago today during the reign of phanku and the tail end of map 1, and spent little more than a month as a normal Citizen before being promoted to Mod. The rest is history... I became an SA in 2012, and have spent the better part of the last decade as a Cubeville staff member. Anyone who has known me during even part of that time is well aware of how important Cubeville was and is to me, how passionate I've been about this server, and how seriously I've taken the role that I originated, Director of Adjudication.

So, it's with more than a little sadness that today I'm announcing that those 8 years have come to an end. As of now, I'm back to being a regular old Citizen on Cubeville again for the first time since 2011. My life has changed immensely since then, and more recently it's become obvious that I'm not able to devote the time and effort required to be any level of staff on Cubeville (let alone an SA), so I asked my former colleagues to demote me, as well as to forgo any "Retired Staff" or "Honorary Retired Administrator" titles.

Does this mean I'm leaving the server completely? Not entirely. I may still log on occasionally, but considering that 35-year-old me is vastly busier than 27-year-old me was when I first started here, I'll probably be an even rarer sight in the future than I have been in the recent past.

It's been a pleasure being your SA. I'll never forget it. Godspeed, Cubeville.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1947]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-17-2019, 04:27 AM
RE: 8 Years a Staff
Sad to see you leave the team pikeman, but I wish you the best as being a citizen again, nubbing around ,and all that stuff Tongue. Good luck in IRL too Big Grin

Retired Multi-Village Owner
Former Founder Of Fletchland
Founder of official villages Bluedenia and Stonalia
---
Quote:"Once passed the official 'Rift' nub ceremony, one can do no more but stay as nub, as nub is in your every move and is the legendary existance.
---
Very proud member of rift army
[Image: M6JxPDw.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-17-2019, 05:35 AM
I never really saw you online enough to get to know you well but from what I've seen you're a really cool person and I hope life treats you well. 8 years is a long time, we most certainly will not forget any of the amazing work you've done for the server! See you around Pike!

[Image: MCNT_575155bb22163_2.png]
Nubbing on CV since 9th May 2015
Proud Mayor of Inferno CV 5
Proud Mayor of Piraeus CV 6
"The Great Delfic Omletacle!"
04-17-2019, 07:33 AM
Eight years of staff is a lot. I can't think of anyone else who has served longer than that. Truly one of the best staff members out there and it was nice to know that we always had someone who was willing to throw down the gauntlet with ban appeals.
Cubeville salutes you today, best of luck in life!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1829]
04-17-2019, 08:32 AM
Aww you were a great staff member, have fun being a citizen.

Woah 8 years, that’s a lot, GJ.

[||||||||||]
04-17-2019, 09:48 AM
Congratulations! Thank you for keeping all of us safe and providing an outstanding experience! Smile

[Image: 8de9fdbd2baa072194baadb49a019684.png]
[Image: a245bda6ae49c8c25f23e6dba03697da.png]

[IGN] GabeLeMage
[Prev IGNs] Clawbyte, Squidnub, ClawpunkMachine, Pengaun, Silvertrench, Mechalo
04-17-2019, 11:49 AM
Wow pike, for as long as I (and I'm sure most of us) have been a citizen I've always seen your name in red. Thank you for all your work and dedication to the server!

[Image: cwlf6yV.jpg?1]
~Livin' the laifu~
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-17-2019, 12:55 PM
Sad to see you go Sad

Thank you for your service to the server these past 8 years!

[Image: AcqV4Nc.jpg]
04-17-2019, 01:23 PM (This post was last modified: 04-17-2019 01:24 PM by vic-torus.)
Hi Pike Smile For as long as I've been a staff member, you've been a solid presence on the SA team- you supported me in defending my actions during ban appeals, you provided guidance during the building of CVC 6.0, and you even gave handy advice on buying a first guitar that one night- and it came in handy irl! Very nice Big Grin (Oh and of course you have excellent taste in sci-fi Western television shows...Wink) You're going to be missed for sure- you're leaving some awfully big boots to fill. Take care, Pike- now, you better promise to stop by to visit now and then! Until we meet again- happy trails Heart

[Image: HM6zoHB.jpg]
[Image: y6rMVPW.png]
Finally gathered together: Gifts/Fanarts/Shenanigans, Hooray! Big Grin
04-17-2019, 02:43 PM
I hope you have a good time in life Pike! we'll miss you. as a staff member and just as a guy on CV. I hope you come and visit us sometimes! Heart have a good time in life.

[Image: E85Ici0.jpg?1]
Birch Hollows Spleef Hoster
And MountainView Founder
04-17-2019, 02:56 PM
Thank you for your time and dedication, You have helped the server immensely and we'll miss you on the staff team.
Good luck with your next phase of life, and we hope to see you play and enjoy your time as a citizen when you have a chance.

[Image: bsIuV2o.png]
04-17-2019, 05:14 PM
Thank you for making CV so awesome! We'll miss you, best of luck with life!

[img]https://i.imgur.com/2roKAi9.png[img]
04-17-2019, 05:41 PM
You’ve been there for CV since I started, and you will be greatly missed. Good luck with your future endeavors!

[Image: v1W1uWvl.png]
Steam: Oinkerz
Instagram: OinkerzMC
04-17-2019, 07:12 PM
I never knew you much, but it'll still be weird to see you go. You've been around forever Tongue

So long pike. I hope life treats you well, and that you'll be able to find time and want to come visit sometimes Big Grin

[Image: 9hFgfLU.jpg]
"A Sammich is not just a sandwich; it is not just a meal. Sammich is a term reserved for only the holiest and mightiest of all sandwiches. A Sammich is a true work of culinary art"
04-17-2019, 07:18 PM
WOW, 8 years...
For all of the people who have commented here, you were always an SA, me included. But only a few here know you from your early days on CV, well just Oink and I.
You have been one of, if not, the best SA we have had that gave the best judgements on ban reports, my 2 included.
How time and irl things have flown and bound us to the NON CV world. I wish you the best in life Pike. I also hope that we WILL see more of you in game along side us nubz/citizens. I would love to have some regular fun with you, seeing we have been here so long and never really got to know each other in that time.
Like all the other's have said.. GL and peace be with you man... Pikeman that is.
(why do I always cry when they go.. :'( )

[Image: gH5DYm3.png]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)