Current time: 07-19-2019, 07:25 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
[Idea taken back] Remove Minimum Founders for Towns and Villages
05-10-2019, 10:12 PM (This post was last modified: 05-14-2019 05:56 PM by Blackrobed.)
Exclamation [Idea taken back] Remove Minimum Founders for Towns and Villages
[Idea taken back]

Some people prefer to work in a group, while others prefer to work as an individual. I believe that Cubeville policies should encourage diversity and be designed to not put anyone of any personality at a disadvantage. If certain townmakers fail miserably when colalborating but creates a flourishing town when not collaborating, why do you say "I want those townmakers' towns to be bad?"

Q: But the rules are made to make people work together!
Monoshish: You are correct when you say there are personality differences but that requirement is designed to get people to work together. If you don't like working with others then don't make a village.
Me: Some work more productively individually but fail miserably when working collaboratively. Getting people to work together is a good thing, but making it a requirement just gives some a disadvantage. How about giving rewards (bonus points too, for towns) for villages with more than one founder? That's quite a more ideal compromise to me.

Q: But we need to prepare for life!
Tisjstme: Black, I find that in making a village with others is more a learning thing for the younger CV'ians.
Me: Yes, but I do not agree with it being a requirement; rather, giving rewards (bonus points too, for towns) for those with more than one founder. That's quite a more ideal compromise to me.

Q: It's fine where it is!
Chao: Imo, it's fine where it is.
Me: But improvement can be made.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2019, 02:47 AM
RE: Remove Minimum Founders and Founding Members on Towns of Villages
If you don't have a customer before your shop opens, I'm afraid you won't be selling much of anything. I think for a village to be "established" it has to be a "village". I'm sure we can all agree that villages are small settlements with houses.

If you don't want a member home or founders, there are always landmarks. Landmark requirements are actually pretty low and I think a lot of people overlook them. And as far as I'm concerned, there's nothing wrong with building a landmark and then throwing some plots around them for sale. I'm not saying build a village for a landmark, as that's not really the point of a landmark, however, you could build something pretty big then put plots surrounding it.

[Image: MCNT_575155bb22163_2.png]
Nubbing on CV since 9th May 2015
Proud Mayor of Inferno CV 5
Proud Mayor of Piraeus CV 6
"The Great Delfic Omletacle!"
05-11-2019, 07:28 AM
RE: Remove Minimum Founders and Founding Members on Towns of Villages
Basically what Spam said. If you prefer working alone, which there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, then you can build a landmark.

You are correct when you say there are personality differences but that requirement is designed to get people to work together. If you don't like working with others then don't make a village. Even if you like working alone though, you might be able to find a couple other people who you can use as your founding members and you can all work rather separately.
A town by definition is a group of people in the same place and this has been a village requirement for a long time. If you want to build a landmark go for it.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1829]
05-11-2019, 05:17 PM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2019 05:30 PM by Blackrobed.)
RE: Remove Minimum Founders
To All Who Posted Above:
I have taken relevant bits of your post into consideration. Please read the revised main post.
05-11-2019, 07:11 PM
RE: Remove Minimum Founders
Black, I find that in making a village with others is more a learning thing for the younger CV'ians. As an older person has by this stage in life learnt to compromise and work as a team. These things are vital ingredients for making ones way in life, both productively and constructively. Here on CV the rules for a village are more in line to getting you ready for the real world. Not just the village rules but all the rules. Plus, the fact that we have a currency, is helping you to get acquainted with it, to deal with not just money but business too. This is what SK is for.
So all up, the reason for having you to have 3 founders and a member, is not to discourage ones building ability or style, but to encourage ones ability to work as a team for the biggest challenge of all... LIFE.

[Image: gH5DYm3.png]
05-11-2019, 09:07 PM
RE: Remove Minimum Founders for Towns and Villages
To All Who Posted Above:
I have taken relevant bits of your post into consideration. Please read the revised main post.
05-11-2019, 09:34 PM
I'd like to ask, what would the bonus points be? Villages just need to meet certain requirements and you get a free protection that you didn't create, so you get to keep your original regions. And I don't think that towns can be run by one person. Imo, it's fine where it is.

[Image: Sig.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-11-2019, 09:55 PM
To All Who Posted Above:
05-11-2019, 10:07 PM
I'm not gonna disagree that it could be better, I'm sure it could, but making it so you don't need any founders really isn't making it better. I consider it a step in the wrong direction.

05-11-2019, 10:09 PM (This post was last modified: 05-14-2019 05:51 PM by Blackrobed.)
(05-11-2019 10:07 PM)Chao Wrote:  I'm not gonna disagree that it could be better, I'm sure it could, but making it so you don't need any founders really isn't making it better. I consider it a step in the wrong direction.

Why do you think so?
05-11-2019, 10:38 PM
Villages in real life, require more than one person to run, towns even more so. Can you imagine the US run by one person only? Washington D.C. alone? I just don't think that it's feasible for one person to own a Town/Village.

05-12-2019, 12:12 PM
Theoretically one person could build most of the town. There are some towns that end up with one person doing most of the builds. It doesn't change the fact that village status is a reward for doing a specific task. You build as a group and you get a group protection.

Ultimately I would say without other founders and members, you don't really have a village or town. The village members are an inherent part of the whole concept of a village. I agree with what has already been said. If you have an awesome build by yourself, you should look at landmark status. If you want to build alone, you can make it look like a town, but by definition, it can not be a town.
05-12-2019, 12:43 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2019 12:46 PM by vip2kea.)
Or ya know... get some alts or people to pose as founders but only you do all the work??? The other alts/people have the tittle, but really didn’t do anything.

Plus like what the other people above said, it’s a village and a town with other people.

[Image: Rz7OzOR_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape...ity=medium]
Signature by Lime! Big Grin

Minecraft <3
05-12-2019, 01:45 PM
(05-12-2019 12:12 PM)Andy1563 Wrote:  If you have an awesome build by yourself, you should look at landmark status. If you want to build alone, you can make it look like a town, but by definition, it can not be a town.

This right here basically sums it up.
The town requirements aren't going to change anytime soon and awarding bonus points to towns that have multiple members would make the whole process more confusing than it needs to be.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1829]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)