Current time: 05-21-2019, 01:18 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Poll: Would you like this to happen
Yes I absolutely don’t like the lag
No I think it’s perfectly fine as is
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Suggestion for CV7 or current map: please have less command blocks
05-14-2019, 01:33 PM
RE: Suggestion for CV7 or current map: please have less command blocks
(05-14-2019 09:25 AM)WallyDonkey Wrote:  
(05-14-2019 08:06 AM)CShark8 Wrote:  Hey Wally, I hope you don't mind me asking but what are the specs on your new computer? In the near future I think I am going to be looking at either buying a new computer or new parts, so I was wondering what kind of things you have that make CV spawn less laggy. If you don't feel comfortable sharing, I totally understand. Thanks!

I don't mind sharing, I went a little overboard with this computer, I was pretty sick of my old one so I splurged lol

Motherboard: ASUS ROG CRosshair VI Hero
Processor: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2920x
Video Card: Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5
RAM: 64GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2666MHz
Hard Drive: 2TB PCIe MVMe SSD and 2TB 7200RPM SATA storage drive (plus a few external hard drives for backups etc.)

Between that and upgrading my broadband to fibre optic I don't remember the last time I had lag at all.

Wally's PC is pretty insanely beefy, most of my PC is pretty old, but I still get zero lag on CV. The only thing I've added to my PC since I bought it was the GPU, which used to be a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980, and is now a 1080 Ti. But anyways, I will also share my specs:

Motherboard: ASRock Z97X Killer
Processor: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.00GHz
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
RAM: 32.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3

I allocate a bunch of my RAM to Minecraft when I play, usually at LEAST 8 gigs. So that might also help. I have given it as much as 20 when playing some crazy modpacks in my spare time and have never had an issue with lag either. Tongue

[Image: we0xbOI.png]
[Image: ieMvChw.png?1]

[Image: c0ZjGRy.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-14-2019, 04:20 PM
(05-14-2019 10:19 AM)FrediW Wrote:  
(05-14-2019 07:50 AM)Commodore_VIC_20 Wrote:  So, what if the /spawn location itself was a small room above CvC that had lift signs running down to the town center and up to the elytra platform and a portal to go to hub? That should (in theory) eliminate the lag spike when someone first goes to spawn but still retain the overall structure of CvC.

That's why we created /hub and moved all the portals out of CVC. Having a room above CVC was basically what we had with the space ships on CV5, but since Minecraft always loads all data vertically, moving something to the sky won't make a big difference (for loading the data, not necessarily for rendering, but the former is the bigger problem I think).

Ah, ok. That makes sense. Smile

[Image: 1zgJ2og.jpg]
"Some days stay a thousand years, some pass like the flash of a spark. Who knows where all our days go?"
-East of Eden, Big Country
05-14-2019, 04:36 PM
(05-14-2019 01:33 PM)Monikorpse Wrote:  I allocate a bunch of my RAM to Minecraft when I play, usually at LEAST 8 gigs. So that might also help. I have given it as much as 20 when playing some crazy modpacks in my spare time and have never had an issue with lag either. Tongue

Oh yes, increasing the allocated RAM for minecraft actually enabled me to walk through CVC without my game freezing every few seconds (I think I only use 2G actually but it already makes a huge difference compared to the standard setting).

See here how to change the amount of RAM granted:
https://www.cubeville.org/forum/thread-15116.html
05-14-2019, 04:53 PM
(05-14-2019 04:36 PM)FrediW Wrote:  
(05-14-2019 01:33 PM)Monikorpse Wrote:  I allocate a bunch of my RAM to Minecraft when I play, usually at LEAST 8 gigs. So that might also help. I have given it as much as 20 when playing some crazy modpacks in my spare time and have never had an issue with lag either. Tongue

Oh yes, increasing the allocated RAM for minecraft actually enabled me to walk through CVC without my game freezing every few seconds (I think I only use 2G actually but it already makes a huge difference compared to the standard setting).

See here how to change the amount of RAM granted:
https://www.cubeville.org/forum/thread-15116.html

Thanks for the link. I need to do this Tongue

"Some days stay a thousand years, some pass like the flash of a spark. Who knows where all our days go?"
05-14-2019, 10:14 PM
I have 8g RAM and have given MC 2g from the standard 1g. I lag but its only for a few seconds and I have less CV contact that most of u who r in USA. I only have 4 bars on Tab, were u all have 5. I think that this also makes lag due to we in Aust don't have a great link with CV.

[Image: gH5DYm3.png]
05-15-2019, 06:56 AM (This post was last modified: 05-15-2019 06:57 AM by Commodore_VIC_20.)
I have four gigs of RAM and haven't changed the allocation settings yet. If I ever put the maximum 6 gigs in this, I'll probably up the allocation to three or four gigs.

Full specs for my MacBook here: https://everymac.com/systems/apple/macbo...specs.html

I'd like to upgrade to a self-built computer to replace both my MacBook and my ThinkPad as a main system. I'll probably put Linux on it. Big Grin

05-17-2019, 02:04 AM (This post was last modified: 05-17-2019 02:13 AM by AwakeSoda.)
I only have four gigs of RAM to run my entire computer
05-17-2019, 06:20 AM
(05-17-2019 02:04 AM)AwakeSoda Wrote:  I only have four gigs of RAM to run my entire computer

Unless you have a lot of other software open at the same time you should still be able to grant 2G to your minecraft.
05-17-2019, 06:59 AM
(05-17-2019 06:20 AM)FrediW Wrote:  
(05-17-2019 02:04 AM)AwakeSoda Wrote:  I only have four gigs of RAM to run my entire computer

Unless you have a lot of other software open at the same time you should still be able to grant 2G to your minecraft.

^I oftentimes do this with virtual machines. I had no idea I could do this with Minecraft until a week ago and I really need to do it.

My processor isn't beefy enough to run anything except for a Chrome tab or two and Discord while Minecraft is running anyway Tongue

05-17-2019, 09:19 PM
That's about all I do COM. I have a few pages open in Chrome like a map or 2 and a imgur pic etc. Plus Discord and 1 MC. But if I close say chrome I can open a second CV with alt. But I do have 8G.

[Image: gH5DYm3.png]
05-17-2019, 10:12 PM
I boosted my Minecraft from the standard 1GB to 4GB, nothing happened. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[Image: Sig.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-18-2019, 07:23 AM
(05-17-2019 09:19 PM)Tisjstme Wrote:  That's about all I do COM. I have a few pages open in Chrome like a map or 2 and a imgur pic etc. Plus Discord and 1 MC. But if I close say chrome I can open a second CV with alt. But I do have 8G.

You are lucky! I've only ever had computers with a maximum of 4G. I *really* need to upgrade, so I'm saving to build my own computer Tongue

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)