Current time: 07-19-2019, 07:28 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Poll: Would you like this to happen
Yes I absolutely don’t like the lag
No I think it’s perfectly fine as is
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Suggestion for CV7 or current map: please have less command blocks
05-13-2019, 03:56 AM
Suggestion for CV7 or current map: please have less command blocks
Please have less command blocks as it lags too many people and I’m pretty sure a lot of people would like less lag at spawn and CVC The only way I found to get around this requires MineChat which not everyone has and it’s pretty annoying to have to switch between the two things
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-13-2019, 06:57 AM
RE: Suggestion for CV7 or current map: please have less command blocks
Command blocks lag?
Might break something if they remove it, but I’m up for less lag. You should of seen CVC last map though, now that was laggy.

[Image: Rz7OzOR_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape...ity=medium]
Signature by Lime! Big Grin

Minecraft <3
05-13-2019, 07:24 AM
There should be an option for "I don't like the lag, but I don't think command blocks are the issue." This is because while there are command blocks at spawn, you know what there are way more of? Chests. I would argue that the chests are more of a problem than the command blocks for the sole reason that there are a lot more of them. If you want to test my theory, go out of spawn in each cardinal direction. West is by far the laggiest. Do you know what's west? The Post Office, Wally's, Hunni's, Vic's, and a bunch of other huge chest "superstores." Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but you are not experiencing lag that is solely due to command blocks, but rather entity lag, which involves things like chests, armor stands, banners(?), and other things. I know for sure that armor stands and banners aren't allowed in CvC. I don't know if that is partially due to lag or not. My point is that command blocks are not solely to blame for the lag and that they are probably causing minimal lag in comparison to the chests in CvC. Smile

Also, vip2kea makes a very good point that would probably break some things.

[Image: 1zgJ2og.jpg]
"Some days stay a thousand years, some pass like the flash of a spark. Who knows where all our days go?"
-East of Eden, Big Country
05-13-2019, 08:30 AM
Wait...
without chests, how will we buy from shops?

[Image: aSZ5o3F.png]
05-13-2019, 08:50 AM
I don't get lag and it would ruin stuff.

[Image: dYEBofG.jpg]
05-13-2019, 09:11 AM (This post was last modified: 05-13-2019 09:15 AM by Commodore_VIC_20.)
(05-13-2019 08:30 AM)AxlBrickmanYT Wrote:  Wait...
without chests, how will we buy from shops?

I didn’t say we should remove them, I was just proposing that command blocks aren’t the only block that causes lag in CvC. Smile

(05-13-2019 08:50 AM)REDRATH Wrote:  I don't get lag and it would ruin stuff.

An important thing to remember is that you’re only one user on one system configuration. My system for instance is incredibly prone to lag (probably because I’m using a 10 year old laptop). Each system has different performance and your system is probably more powerful than the OP’s system. Lag in CvC has been an ongoing issue. Smile

"Some days stay a thousand years, some pass like the flash of a spark. Who knows where all our days go?"
05-13-2019, 10:32 AM
Mhm I have no lag in CVC on my new computer, but it used to be awful at the end of the life of my last one. However, that is not due to command blocks (of which there actually aren't many in CVC). It comes down to having the large buildings, many chests etc. Even things like having a lot of glass in an area (like all the shop windows) can have an impact.

There is only so much we can do to limit lag whilst also having such a big, central area with shop chests. Things like redstone, banners, item frames etc. have all been banned, which has reduced the lag since CV5, but you will always get some lag in such a built up area on a server.

[Image: aoLQ5TU.jpg?1]
05-13-2019, 12:55 PM (This post was last modified: 05-14-2019 09:03 AM by Claw.)
I’m on an Apple laptop and it renders CVC terribly, this creates lag. It depends on your computer and graphics card.

[Image: 8de9fdbd2baa072194baadb49a019684.png]
[Image: a245bda6ae49c8c25f23e6dba03697da.png]

[IGN] GabeLeMage
[Prev IGNs] Clawbyte, Squidnub, ClawpunkMachine, Pengaun, Silvertrench, Mechalo
05-13-2019, 01:57 PM
I have a great suggestion for this. I think making CVC a bit bigger but having more space between the shops could help, so there arent to many chunk lag issues. Also, maybe doing a range of smaller and larger plots, say smallest maybe like a 6x6 plot then largest could be whatever is largest atm. Having a range of sizes could help having smaller ones closer to spawn itself then larger ones down a few rows of cvc.

[Image: oO8XviX.png]
[Image: f59LMdD.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-14-2019, 05:24 AM (This post was last modified: 05-14-2019 05:29 AM by Tisjstme.)
Map 3's CVC was made way out from spawn... and was hardly used... people made their shops along the boardwalks from spawn, so they made spawn and CVC into one for Map 4, which was huge... a good 500 x 500 I think. There was a large central section around this spawn, that had a building housing the rules for buying CVC plots and how shop signs worked on the North East spot. East was the market stalls. South East was a plot for Staff things like Snowy Mountain for Christmas. The South West bit was the Staff Tree builds. North West was a lake which turned to ice at Christmas. Then beyond all that was the shop plots, but with all that hardly much of CVC was ever built on and the lag was minimal. Map 5 was made 1/6th the size of map 4. As you can see if you visit CV5, but we could have anything in map 5.. redstone, banners etc, which caused lots of lag.
But of all the CVC's I like this one the best. it has all the best things of all the past CVC's... better hub/portal room/s and less lag. But I have a feeling that maybe map 7's spawn/CVC will be a lot better again. Cause we have learnt from all the things of the past spawn's mistakes, plus we have a great group of staff monitoring the server than we ever did and we can only do so much with the lag, but it should get better till they can do no more.

[Image: gH5DYm3.png]
05-14-2019, 07:50 AM
(05-14-2019 05:24 AM)Tisjstme Wrote:  Map 3's CVC was made way out from spawn... and was hardly used... people made their shops along the boardwalks from spawn, so they made spawn and CVC into one for Map 4, which was huge... a good 500 x 500 I think. There was a large central section around this spawn, that had a building housing the rules for buying CVC plots and how shop signs worked on the North East spot. East was the market stalls. South East was a plot for Staff things like Snowy Mountain for Christmas. The South West bit was the Staff Tree builds. North West was a lake which turned to ice at Christmas. Then beyond all that was the shop plots, but with all that hardly much of CVC was ever built on and the lag was minimal. Map 5 was made 1/6th the size of map 4. As you can see if you visit CV5, but we could have anything in map 5.. redstone, banners etc, which caused lots of lag.
But of all the CVC's I like this one the best. it has all the best things of all the past CVC's... better hub/portal room/s and less lag. But I have a feeling that maybe map 7's spawn/CVC will be a lot better again. Cause we have learnt from all the things of the past spawn's mistakes, plus we have a great group of staff monitoring the server than we ever did and we can only do so much with the lag, but it should get better till they can do no more.

I second this. I've only been on the server for about 11 months, but it sounds like this iteration of CvC/spawn is one that has almost struck a perfect balance between being laggy and being close to the central spawn point. Once I get into CvC, the lag is bearable. If I am plopped at spawn right when I log in (as often happens when I am on MineChat) however, I will get kicked due to lag almost immediately.

So, what if the /spawn location itself was a small room above CvC that had lift signs running down to the town center and up to the elytra platform and a portal to go to hub? That should (in theory) eliminate the lag spike when someone first goes to spawn but still retain the overall structure of CvC.

I'm not sure we can do much about the lag within CvC though because, as I and others have stated before, A lot of the things that cause lag are pretty essential to the operation of CvC.

05-14-2019, 08:06 AM
(05-13-2019 10:32 AM)WallyDonkey Wrote:  Mhm I have no lag in CVC on my new computer, but it used to be awful at the end of the life of my last one. However, that is not due to command blocks (of which there actually aren't many in CVC). It comes down to having the large buildings, many chests etc. Even things like having a lot of glass in an area (like all the shop windows) can have an impact.

There is only so much we can do to limit lag whilst also having such a big, central area with shop chests. Things like redstone, banners, item frames etc. have all been banned, which has reduced the lag since CV5, but you will always get some lag in such a built up area on a server.

Hey Wally, I hope you don't mind me asking but what are the specs on your new computer? In the near future I think I am going to be looking at either buying a new computer or new parts, so I was wondering what kind of things you have that make CV spawn less laggy. If you don't feel comfortable sharing, I totally understand. Thanks!

There was one point where me and McCraft2 accidentally blew up spleef....

[Image: CShark8.png]:

Founder at Arianoir and Delmar, come check us out!
05-14-2019, 09:04 AM
(05-13-2019 01:57 PM)Lime Wrote:  I have a great suggestion for this. I think making CVC a bit bigger but having more space between the shops could help, so there arent to many chunk lag issues. Also, maybe doing a range of smaller and larger plots, say smallest maybe like a 6x6 plot then largest could be whatever is largest atm. Having a range of sizes could help having smaller ones closer to spawn itself then larger ones down a few rows of cvc.

I personally think that 6x6 is waay too small, but besides that, I would agree with that idea fully. Smile

[Image: 8de9fdbd2baa072194baadb49a019684.png]
[Image: a245bda6ae49c8c25f23e6dba03697da.png]

[IGN] GabeLeMage
[Prev IGNs] Clawbyte, Squidnub, ClawpunkMachine, Pengaun, Silvertrench, Mechalo
05-14-2019, 09:25 AM
(05-14-2019 08:06 AM)CShark8 Wrote:  Hey Wally, I hope you don't mind me asking but what are the specs on your new computer? In the near future I think I am going to be looking at either buying a new computer or new parts, so I was wondering what kind of things you have that make CV spawn less laggy. If you don't feel comfortable sharing, I totally understand. Thanks!

I don't mind sharing, I went a little overboard with this computer, I was pretty sick of my old one so I splurged lol

Motherboard: ASUS ROG CRosshair VI Hero
Processor: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2920x
Video Card: Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5
RAM: 64GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2666MHz
Hard Drive: 2TB PCIe MVMe SSD and 2TB 7200RPM SATA storage drive (plus a few external hard drives for backups etc.)

Between that and upgrading my broadband to fibre optic I don't remember the last time I had lag at all.

[Image: aoLQ5TU.jpg?1]
05-14-2019, 10:19 AM
(05-14-2019 07:50 AM)Commodore_VIC_20 Wrote:  So, what if the /spawn location itself was a small room above CvC that had lift signs running down to the town center and up to the elytra platform and a portal to go to hub? That should (in theory) eliminate the lag spike when someone first goes to spawn but still retain the overall structure of CvC.

That's why we created /hub and moved all the portals out of CVC. Having a room above CVC was basically what we had with the space ships on CV5, but since Minecraft always loads all data vertically, moving something to the sky won't make a big difference (for loading the data, not necessarily for rendering, but the former is the bigger problem I think).

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)