Current time: 07-19-2019, 07:29 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Mesa City
05-13-2019, 11:48 AM
Mesa City
Me and The_Dark_Shell are working on a village (or town). Besides the lighting issue, which we are fixing, are there any other problems we need to attend to? Here is the maplink: https://www.cubeville.org/map/#/-1332/64.../Cubeville
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-13-2019, 02:00 PM
RE: Mesa City
Cool idea! I would suggest posting it in the discussion section tho as this section is for applying for villages you have completed for official status Smile

[Image: oO8XviX.png]
[Image: f59LMdD.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-14-2019, 12:52 AM
I have moved this thread here. I look forward to seeing your actual application. From the overviewer map it looks impressive so far. Smile

[Image: uEwNzS5.jpg]
05-14-2019, 05:38 AM
I like the way u have used the layers of the terracotta in the colour fields as too the grass and coarse dirt. Make sure you have a town hall with notice board, founders list and rules, plus town centre with directional signage. Make sure you light all roofs too... people tend to forget those.

[Image: gH5DYm3.png]
05-14-2019, 09:49 AM
Hi Nethermob, nice start. Your town hall with founders listed, rules, and notice board look good, as do your founder and member homes. You are correct in needing more lighting, but you're working on that. Keep in mind that this includes lighting the top of your wall or otherwise mob-proofing it.

Some potential issues I noticed:

- You need to make sure your wall is at least 40 blocks away from other peoples' builds, or you will need to have permission from them to build too close. There are some builds near your southeast corner I noticed specifically that are not far enough away. You will need to either provide a screenshot of permission from them, or have them message a staff member that it's ok for you to be that close.

- It looks like you may have built your village around some builds belonging to other people. If you think a build is abandoned, you can modreq to have a staff member come take a look and check if it's something that could be removed. The build then must be removed by an admin, do not remove any builds yourself. If it should not be removed, then you will need either permission from the player or you will need to go 40 blocks around it. You should not be touching other peoples' builds at all, even adding to them is a form of griefing. This seems to have been done to some degree though, so please be more mindful of the server rules.

- Village farms must be at least 10x10 and include more than one type of crop. It doesn't have to be all in one block, you can make it different shapes and in different places, but will need to add up to at least the size of a 10x10 farm. You already have more than one type of crop, so that's good, but you will need to add more farmland than you currently have to qualify for village.

- I was unable to find a town center. Unless I missed it, you will need to add a town center somewhere near the middle of your village that connects all or most important areas and includes directions. This does not need to be a building, it could be a marked plaza or open gazebo, as long as it does the job.

You can find the full post on village requirements here: https://www.cubeville.org/forum/thread-16016.html

Let us know if you have any other questions, and good luck. :)

[Image: LYIT17S.png]
05-15-2019, 10:58 AM
Thx for the helpful advice!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)