Current time: 06-25-2019, 06:35 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Eminent Domain - Compulsory Purchase
06-09-2019, 08:44 PM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2019 01:14 AM by Blackrobed.)
Exclamation Eminent Domain - Compulsory Purchase
With 75% founder vote, towns should be able to perform a compulsory purchase. (ik most people dont know what compulsory purchase is, me neither before i searched the proper term for it, so it means that i am a mayor. i sold you land. i want the land back so i can use it for, let's say for example, a new train line. i can buy it back for a reasonable (reasonable as decided by cv staff) price and you have to accept the offer.)

Three steps:
1. /modreq hey i would like to perform a compulsory purchase on blackrobed's plot
2. 30 days for blackrobed to demolish building plus 2 days per square block
3. the mayor pays the plot price to blackrobed
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2019, 08:54 PM
RE: Eminent Domain - Compulsory Purchase
Are you talking about Shop plots or Towns here?
I can't quite understand what you're talking about here.

[Image: gH5DYm3.png]
06-09-2019, 09:24 PM
It sounds like you're talking about buying plots out from your own town members? Which I'm not sure why you'd want to do, because what's the point in selling it in the first place?

Or if you're talking about getting someone removed from your town for breaking the rules/being inactive you already can do that kind of thing by submitting a modreq explaining the situation

If it wasn't one of those two things I'm not sure what you were asking Tongue

[Image: 9hFgfLU.jpg]
"A Sammich is not just a sandwich; it is not just a meal. Sammich is a term reserved for only the holiest and mightiest of all sandwiches. A Sammich is a true work of culinary art"
06-10-2019, 01:14 AM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2019 01:14 AM by Blackrobed.)
(06-09-2019 08:54 PM)Tisjstme Wrote:  Are you talking about Shop plots or Towns here?
I can't quite understand what you're talking about here.

i clarified it in the op

(06-09-2019 09:24 PM)DarkElf Wrote:  It sounds like you're talking about buying plots out from your own town members? Which I'm not sure why you'd want to do, because what's the point in selling it in the first place?

Or if you're talking about getting someone removed from your town for breaking the rules/being inactive you already can do that kind of thing by submitting a modreq explaining the situation

If it wasn't one of those two things I'm not sure what you were asking Tongue

i clarified it in the op
06-10-2019, 02:23 AM
Honestly, just ask the person. 80% of the time they'll say whatever, build under my house or fine I'll move to another plot. Otherwise, it should have really been covered in the town planning from the beginning

[Image: MCNT_575155bb22163_2.png]
Nubbing on CV since 9th May 2015
Proud Mayor of Inferno CV 5
Proud Mayor of Piraeus CV 6
"The Great Delfic Omletacle!"
06-10-2019, 06:18 AM
It's an integral part of the village/town rules that players who buy a plot can keep it as long as they want to, unless they break town rules or go inactive.

This rule is not going to change, because what's the point in buying a plot if it could be taken away from you at any time without compensation of the time and effort you spent building on it (which usually happens in a real world compulsory purchase where people don't only get the plot value but also enough money to build a new house of same value somewhere else). On CV, it would be very hard to estimate the value of a build or alike.

Of course, as Spam said, you can always make an offer.
06-11-2019, 08:11 PM
(06-10-2019 06:18 AM)FrediW Wrote:  It's an integral part of the village/town rules that players who buy a plot can keep it as long as they want to, unless they break town rules or go inactive.

This rule is not going to change, because what's the point in buying a plot if it could be taken away from you at any time without compensation of the time and effort you spent building on it (which usually happens in a real world compulsory purchase where people don't only get the plot value but also enough money to build a new house of same value somewhere else). On CV, it would be very hard to estimate the value of a build or alike.

Of course, as Spam said, you can always make an offer.

But can I put it in the town agreements that compulsory purchase shall be allowed for the city? It's not part of the CV rules, but part of the Town rules.
06-13-2019, 06:35 AM
(06-11-2019 08:11 PM)Blackrobed Wrote:  But can I put it in the town agreements that compulsory purchase shall be allowed for the city? It's not part of the CV rules, but part of the Town rules.

Yes you can, but since this is very unusual, you please have to make sure that all players who buy a plot from you are aware of this rule and understand what it means. Tbh, I'm not sure if that will help with making your town interesting for others.

Also, as with all evictions, staff will have the last say to make sure everything is kept fair.
06-14-2019, 12:06 AM
(06-13-2019 06:35 AM)FrediW Wrote:  
(06-11-2019 08:11 PM)Blackrobed Wrote:  But can I put it in the town agreements that compulsory purchase shall be allowed for the city? It's not part of the CV rules, but part of the Town rules.

Yes you can, but since this is very unusual, you please have to make sure that all players who buy a plot from you are aware of this rule and understand what it means. Tbh, I'm not sure if that will help with making your town interesting for others.

Also, as with all evictions, staff will have the last say to make sure everything is kept fair.

If I do "If it is reasonably necessary for a public city project, we will move your plot, giving you one month to demolish the build in the old plot, and award you 500c" will it be okay
06-14-2019, 09:32 AM
(06-14-2019 12:06 AM)Blackrobed Wrote:  

If I do "If it is reasonably necessary for a public city project, we will move your plot, giving you one month to demolish the build in the old plot, and award you 500c" will it be okay

Sounds good.
06-16-2019, 08:11 PM
(06-14-2019 09:32 AM)FrediW Wrote:  
(06-14-2019 12:06 AM)Blackrobed Wrote:  

Sounds good.

Thank you.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)