Current time: 06-25-2019, 06:37 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Poll: Should this be added?
Yes
No
Other (Mention in post)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Discord Chat Link
06-14-2019, 06:23 PM
Discord Chat Link
I would like to make a suggestion to create a discord/Minecraft chat link.

Basically, a channel would be created on the discord that shows the global chat on CV. You could talk in said channel and it would show in Minecraft.

This can be achieved using a discord bot, and I’ve seen a couple plugins that are used to achieve the Minecraft end of things.

Mayor of Weatherville, an official Cubeville 5 village.
Mayor of Domeville with SlenderFirebolt, an official Cubeville 6 village.
4 year veteran
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-14-2019, 06:44 PM
RE: Discord Chat Link
It's called Minechat.

[Image: OjFAR0O.jpg]
06-14-2019, 06:54 PM
A lot more people have the discord than Minechat...

4 year veteran
06-14-2019, 07:09 PM
o discord and minechat are 2 difrent things??

[Image: E85Ici0.jpg?1]
Birch Hollows Spleef Hoster
And MountainView Founder
06-14-2019, 07:29 PM (This post was last modified: 06-14-2019 07:29 PM by vip2kea.)
I like the idea, so people on discord could see what’s going on in game! Big Grin

MCG8, Discord is a voice/chat service, Minechat is Minecraft chat on phone/mobile devices.

[Image: Rz7OzOR_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape...ity=medium]
Signature by Lime! Big Grin

Minecraft <3
06-14-2019, 07:59 PM
Are you talking about something that links the chat channels in Cubeville with Discord? If so, it's not an easy task with how CV has its chat channels channels set up, and it ends up with thousands upon thousands of messages going to your cell phone where you end up disabling all notifications from that Discord server or leaving it all together. Trust me when I say I speak from experience on this. Of course I don't make the final decisions. Smile

[Image: uEwNzS5.jpg]
06-14-2019, 08:47 PM
(06-14-2019 07:59 PM)CreepingDespair Wrote:  Are you talking about something that links the chat channels in Cubeville with Discord? If so, it's not an easy task with how CV has its chat channels channels set up, and it ends up with thousands upon thousands of messages going to your cell phone where you end up disabling all notifications from that Discord server or leaving it all together. Trust me when I say I speak from experience on this. Of course I don't make the final decisions. Smile

I guess since you have extremely customized chat it may be hard to set up. I know what you mean about the notifications from a link like this being overkill, which is why I tend to mute notifications from said channel. You could notify players that they can and likely should mute notifications from the channel, but this can be achieved without muting the whole server.

4 year veteran

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)