Current time: 08-20-2019, 05:04 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Question About Village Protections
08-04-2019, 03:19 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2019 05:43 PM by _AgentX.)
Smile Question About Village Protections
I wasn’t exactly sure if this should go in discussions or questions, but I ended up choosing questions since it’s more of a question than a discussion. If it’s in the wrong place, I apologize. Smile

So here’s my idea:
I’ve been thinking for a while about creating an underground village. The theme would be mining, and it would be the same as a normal village, just underground. I feel like this would be a cool and unique place for players to make cool builds and get lots of ore. Another advantage of this would be the ability to create XP farms out of nearby mob Spawners. Assuming that I would be able to get village status, the village would need to be protected. That brings me to my question. I know that village protections go no farther down than level 30, so would it be possible to have a village protection that stretches down to the bedrock layer, and is no higher than level 70 or so? I thought I’d go ahead and ask before I start building.

Thanks so much!

And I apologize again if this is in the incorrect place.

Proud to be a nub
Mayor of Emerald Brook
Founder of Oceanica
Member of Rift Army
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2019, 03:25 PM
RE: Question About Protections
Interesring point I also asked one time if flying villages need a wallprobadly only markers on the floor

[Image: MCNT_5c2f54780b4bd_2.png]
08-04-2019, 07:26 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2019 07:29 PM by Eureka2013.)
RE: Question About Village Protections
Hi Agent!

So I believe you are mixing some things up here. Its actually the nbz that doesn't go all the way down to bedrock. All village and town protections stretch from 0 to 255, so I don't think that would be a problem for you. A cave village sounds like an interesting idea, and as long as you meet all of the village requirements should be no different than any other as far as the protection goes.
Hope I helped!

[Image: OBzvmfZ.jpg]
08-04-2019, 07:39 PM
Ooh, ok so that makes sense. Ty!

Hehe I am nub

Proud to be a nub
Mayor of Emerald Brook
Founder of Oceanica
Member of Rift Army
08-04-2019, 09:59 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2019 10:02 PM by Tisjstme.)
Once you get the village stat you could make a mining subzone so that anyone can mine the below town area. I have been doing this since map 4 with DV and DVII.
Otherwise you would be putting all the residents on the region and Staff have frowned upon that at times. Its so much easier to put people on subzones than to keep doing /modreq's for griefing of the village cause all the people are on the region.

[Image: gH5DYm3.png]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)