Current time: 08-20-2019, 05:05 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
CVC lag friendlier in 1.14.4
08-12-2019, 01:42 PM
CVC lag friendlier in 1.14.4
Posting this here and on the CVC regulations thread:

I think you really need the shop plugin to work with barrels in CV7 because they are full blocks cause MUCH less Client-side lag.Beacons should also be forbidden. And blocks with complex textures(like dragonheads/maybe endrods) this would minimise the client side lag on CV7 and up the server performance a bit .

[Image: MCNT_5c2f54780b4bd_2.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2019, 07:15 PM
RE: CVC lag friendlier in 1.14.4
(08-12-2019 01:42 PM)Cityscraper Wrote:  Posting this here and on the CVC regulations thread:

I think you really need the shop plugin to work with barrels in CV7 because they are full blocks cause MUCH less Client-side lag.Beacons should also be forbidden. And blocks with complex textures(like dragonheads/maybe endrods) this would minimise the client side lag on CV7 and up the server performance a bit .

I have replied to your CVC6 regulations thread post, and since this is more of a wishlist for future maps/CVCs, vs questions or concerns with the current CVC, we'll keep this topic in this thread.

As for barrels: We'll be looking at all of the the new items in Minecraft when we start getting ready to build a new CVC, and make determinations about each on whether we want to allow them in CVC or not, due to how much lag they introduce.

Since dragon heads are rare because they are hard to obtain naturally, and are sold from the Admin shop for a more restrictive price, it would seem that there aren't terribly many of them like there were redstone items/item frames/armor stands/banners/etc in previous maps. That being said, I'm sure there are/can be analytics done on dragon heads/end rods/etc to make sure that they don't add an excessive amount of lag in CVC. I can safely say that the difference between CVC5 and CVC6 was quite a good one already, as my frames have gone from maybe reaching 30 on a good day to consistantly 60 (because that's my monitor's cap). We can always do more evaluations tho.

Beacons are currently forbidden in CVC. The only beacon placements are any server builds, including the 4 corners of the inner CVC area, the 4 far corners of the CVC walls, the CVC Pool, and a few other server builds. Compare that with the ~150 in CVC5, and it's quite a few less. Most of the lag last map was due to the items I mentioned in the last sections.

As we progress with newer versions of the maps, we will continue to take into account what could cause lag in the main city, and do our best to try to null that out so that everyone can have a great experience while playing on CV.

I'm AFK. Well, not really. I'm just not paying attention to the game, but don't worry. I'm still paying attention to the game.

[Image: EE3QTGr.jpg][Image: V2MD2B0.jpg][Image: Q0h0bXq.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-13-2019, 06:29 AM
RE: CVC lag friendlier in 1.14.4
I have an idea make that peoplr inside the spawn get the beacon effects using a plugin at least speed and jumpboost since plugins like these dont lag as much as beacons

[Image: MCNT_5c2f54780b4bd_2.png]
Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)