Cubeville
Really Important inFo Text INSIDE - Printable Version

+- Cubeville (https://www.cubeville.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Server (/forum-10.html)
+--- Forum: Announcements (/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Really Important inFo Text INSIDE (/thread-16462.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Really Important inFo Text INSIDE - Monikorpse - 06-09-2019 06:13 PM

Hey guys, hope you all are doing well. Just posting today to bring you some big news from the System Administration team.

The time has come. A most-requested time. A time of change. A time of disorder, confusion, mayhem, commotion, total pandemonium! A time for an event that is so atypical to our normal order that some dare not speak its name into fruition! Yes, it is time to mark your calendars, get out your agendas, leave a post-it note on your fridge if you have to - but get ready to clear your weekend schedule.

The System Administration team is super excited to announce that this Saturday, the 15th of June at approximately 1 PM EST -- we will be hosting a

RRRRRIIIIIIFFFFFTTTTT!!!!

Rifts traditionally occurred to mark the end of a map, to celebrate a big fix being implemented when something important has broken, and even for a spontaneous break from the monotony for someone's birthday... this time, we are kicking off the beginning of the very exciting Summer Games 2019. We know that this has been heavily requested, and we hope that this is enough time for you all to make preparations for this rendition of one of CV's favorite traditions!

As you may know, the rules during a Rift are a bit different than they are normally listed. Please make sure that you are familiar with the rules that do apply if you plan on attending the Rift! Listed below are FAQs regarding Rift, as well as the rules which will apply.

If you have any additional questions, feel free to post them here in this thread and we will respond to you as soon as we can to clear up the confusion.

Please, join us for some fun-filled havoc this weekend. We cannot wait to see you there Smile

The Rules of Rift
* No attempting to hack into the server itself or any staff accounts. Any attempt to jeopardize the security of the server will result in a permanent ban.
* No swearing. This chat rule still applies.
* Be respectful and considerate of others. Keep Rift fun for everyone. Do not hold grudges, do not be overly aggressive to others trying to enjoy Rift. Do not pressure people into joining Rift if they do not wish to.
* Do not dump lava at the /spawn point. It keeps people from being able to access CVC quickly and is not fun. Staff are not there to clean up after you.
* No x-ray mods or resource packs of any kind. This includes x-ray attached to other mods such as fly hacks, mini-maps, etc.
* When Rift ends, all of the drama of Rift ends. When Rift is closed and we go back to our normal day-to-day business, do not hold grudges, do not bicker in chat, do not continue feuds.

Note: If you repeatedly cause issues during Rift or after Rift, you may be subject to punishments including mutes, kicks, tempbans and permanent bans.

FAQs:
What IS Rift?
Rift is a Cubeville tradition, an event which consists of the SAs removing many of our plugins and allowing the Citizens and the Staff to go a little wild. Builds, landmarks, naturally occurring land are allowed to be destroyed, flooded, set ablaze, etc, and PVP is turned ON -- allowing for the entire world of Cubeville as we know it to become a PVP arena. Many of the rules are also removed, so be sure to make note of what is actually allowed during Rift and which rules still apply.

How long will Rift last?
We will start around 1 PM EST, and plan to end it around 4 PM EST if Rift has run its course. However, if Rift is still swinging hard at that 3 hour mark, we will extend it at least until the fun dies down. In our experience, Rifts are only fun for a short period of time and become bothersome pretty quickly, but we hope to have it open long enough for people in all time zones to be able to pop in if they so choose.
Countdown Timer to when Rift Starts

Can I still play on the server if I don't want to participate in the Rift? Are there any safe areas we can be away from Rift?
Yes you can, and yes there will be. You are not required to participate in the Rift, but you must be mindful that other people WILL be. If you don't want to be caught in the crossfire, you should be mindful to stay out of the Survival, End, and Nether worlds - as these will all be fair game. However, all players will still have access to the hub, Skylands, and other areas which will be safe from the effects of Rift. In those areas you will be completely safe to play minigames, or just hang out in hub until the havoc dies down. Smile

Can I have OP, or staff? (It's not like I get to keep it anyways!!)
No.

Can I get banned during Rift?
All staff members will still have all of their abilities and will take action if needed. We obviously hope that everyone acts within the rules, but yes, you can be punished for actions you take in Rift if they are in violation of the rules.

Will I lose anything?
No, the server will have a full backup before we enact Rift. After the Rift ends, all of your builds, inventories, and everyone else's things will all be exactly as they were before the Rift (as if it never happened at all).

Can I use fly hacks?
Yes, as long as they do not jeopardize the security of the server, include x-ray, or break any of the other Rift rules. Simple fly hacks are allowed to be used ONLY during Rift.

RE: Really Imporant inFo Text INSIDE - vip2kea - 06-09-2019 06:32 PM

Oh. My. Golly. RIFT! YAY! Been waiting for over 2 years for another rift! I will be busy with relitives that weekend but i might be able to join.

So this one is not a rift for CV7? Phew i still have work to do in CV6.

HF and GL everyone on rift!

RE: Really Imporant inFo Text INSIDE - cra_Z11 - 06-09-2019 06:53 PM

AMAZING. ILL start in ur office mini lol'

I mean moni Tongue

RE: Really Imporant inFo Text INSIDE - MCG8 - 06-09-2019 07:01 PM

WAIT will the build battle be on still? D:

RE: Really Imporant inFo Text INSIDE - Oinkerz - 06-09-2019 07:12 PM

(06-09-2019 07:01 PM)MCG8 Wrote:  WAIT will the build battle be on still? D:
Yep, that starts on the 17th, which is when all of the Summer Games events will start to occur and after rift.

Also, woohoo! If it’s still going on once I get home from NYC that day, I’ll try to join in, but if not enjoy your rift everyone!

RE: Really Imporant inFo Text INSIDE - BandNerdMama - 06-09-2019 07:58 PM

(06-09-2019 06:13 PM)Monikorpse Wrote:  * No x-ray mods or resource packs of any kind This includes fly hacks, mini-maps, or any mods that include x-ray.

Can I use fly hacks?
Yes, as long as they do not jeopardize the security of the server, include x-ray, or break any of the other Rift rules. Simple fly hacks are allowed to be used ONLY during Rift.

Iirc we CAN use fly hax, right?

RE: Really Imporant inFo Text INSIDE - Kittycait_ - 06-09-2019 08:05 PM

wahoo! time to blow up eveeeerryythiiing Big Grin

RE: Really Imporant inFo Text INSIDE - Monikorpse - 06-09-2019 08:19 PM

(06-09-2019 07:58 PM)BandNerdMama Wrote:  
(06-09-2019 06:13 PM)Monikorpse Wrote:  * No x-ray mods or resource packs of any kind This includes fly hacks, mini-maps, or any mods that include x-ray.

Can I use fly hacks?

Iirc we CAN use fly hax, right?

Yes, to clarify again in case it's not clear in the way I wrote it XD

You may use fly hacks or fly mods, AS LONG AS those hacks do not also include x-ray, jeopardize the security of the server in some way, or break other rift rules. If you find a fly hack that is a simple safe fly hack, you may use it during Rift. And only during Rift.

RE: Really Imporant inFo Text INSIDE - Tisjstme - 06-09-2019 08:34 PM

The fun times begin people.
It's weird how we didn't get a mid map rift before now... it took over 2 years to get one.. that's got to be the longest wait yet.
Well I know what my first targets are... if not taken before me... Oom, BKP, Mynenerz, SAS's mini golf, Oracle and Many More.

Have fun ppl.

RE: Really Imporant inFo Text INSIDE - Blackrobed - 06-09-2019 08:36 PM

can i use hacks/mods that arent for flying (waterwalking, blockbreaking, killaura)

RE: Really Imporant inFo Text INSIDE - Monoshish - 06-09-2019 09:53 PM

Oh hey, this is obviously to celebrate my birthday : D, thanks Moni! Of course I won't actually be able to play...

RE: Really Imporant inFo Text INSIDE - Commodore_VIC_20 - 06-09-2019 10:19 PM

Oh, wow. I might come out of my awayness to celebrate this! Tongue

Our inventories get restored after the map restores to the pre-rift state as well, correct? Smile

RE: Really Imporant inFo Text INSIDE - Tiger - 06-09-2019 10:33 PM

This is the moment Rift Army has been waiting for >:3 -bahamabucks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WOO HOO.

RE: Really Imporant inFo Text INSIDE - AxlBrickmanYT - 06-09-2019 11:13 PM

Where will I find a rift army?

RE: Really Imporant inFo Text INSIDE - trekky920 - 06-09-2019 11:27 PM

Looks like I started playing again just in time for all the fun Wink