After the loss of our old forum, staff have been working on a replacement to keep you informed and hopefully update Cubeville's visuals a little in the process. The website is now live which is for information sharing purposes, as well as advertising the server to anyone who comes across it. Setting up a new forum will take a little longer but we are working on it and will let you know when we have an update.
Villages are centres of civilization in the wilds of Cubeville, a place for citizens to come together and live in a safe environment. In order to become an official village, certain requirements must be met. Once you believe your village meets these requirements, grab the template at the end of this post and make a modreq.
Note: Islands do not require a wall to be built. However, the borders must be marked in some way. To qualify as an island the village must be surrounded by deep water (at least 5 blocks deep).
Once you have met all the requirements, please copy the template below and place a modreq:
Villages get a full region protection, and can subzone their plots are they please. They do not receive the benefits of Towns.
NOTE: Villages that are not cuboid will require an admin to create subzones.
• Town Design • (10)- How good is the overall design of the town structures? Are there any impressive builds, or builds or ideas unique to this map? These should not just be 'nice', but really stand out in their quality or ingenuity. Is there a theme that they’re following and, if so, how well does it work out? Is the town neat, pleasing to the eye, generally attractive?
• Layout and Ease of Movement • (10)- How well are the roads, plots and builds laid out? Are there clear directions to help you navigate the town? Does the layout make sense for accessibility and usage?
• Commodities and Amenities • (10) - Are there a good variety of resources available? How is the quality of the farms? Are there farms beyond the usual crop and animal farms? How do these resources impact the quality of the town for players living there?
• Sustainability • (10)- Are there enough residential and commercial plots available to sustain a town and allow growth? Are there enough animals and crops for the size of the town? Are other amenities enough that a player does not consistently have to visit other towns for their basic needs? Is the village already active?
• Surrounding Area • (5) - The surrounding area should be well lit to prevent most mob spawn and free of hazards as a minimum. The area around a town must look decent. For high marks here the area should be nicely landscaped and the natural terrain should be properly blended to the town so it doesn't look slapped in place without regard to the surrounding landscape.
When you are ready to apply for town status, make a modreq asking for a vote to be opened. Please make the modreq at the location of your proposed town portal. An admin will then review this and open a vote which will last for two weeks. At the end of those two weeks the results will be made available. If you do not pass the vote you will be able to apply again after two weeks have passed.
As of CV 6.0 towns can now design their own portal. The requirements are as follows:
NOTE: If the arena is underground, the entry area above will be included in the Surrounding Area category.
When you are ready to apply for landmark status, make a modreq asking for a vote to be opened. Please make the modreq at the location of your landmark. An admin will then review this and open a vote which will last for two weeks. At the end of those two weeks the results will be made available. If you do not pass the vote you will be able to apply again after two weeks have passed.