Current time: 04-19-2018, 07:27 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Loadout PVP Returns
02-10-2017, 10:12 PM
Loadout PVP Returns
Ladies and Gentlemen of Cubeville, prepare for war!

[Image: yv5gmwI.jpg]

After completely redesigning our PvP system and adding some extremely cool features, the Taiga PvP arena has been opened and is ready for use! At the moment, 4 standard kits are available (Sharpshooter, Archer, Tank, and Knight), but more complex and exciting kits will be released in the near future after development and testing.

The Taiga arena entrance is located after the Green Dome labeled "PvP" at the Skylands spawn. Remember to clear your inventory before entering the arena, including armor slots! All inventories will be cleared upon arena entry.

Also, please remember to use PvP chat to communicate with other players. To use PvP chat, type "/ch j PvP" and then use "/pvp <message>" to communicate.

PvP FAQ:
Spoiler Expand
Q: So what new features were added? I don't see anything different!
A: New effects have been added, such as armor piercing. There is also a way to change attributes of armor and weapons, which could not be done before.

Q: People on red team are killing me and I'm on red team too! Aren't we on the same team?
A: Unless agreed upon by all people playing PvP, team colors do not matter and are simply a way of assigning different spawn locations.

Q: Is spawn killing against the rules? What do I do if I see someone spawn killing?
A: Yes, spawn killing against the rules. Spawn killing is when a player camps at spawn and kills players as they spawn in. Please do not do this, please allow players to exit the spawn area before killing them. Spawn killing is fun for no one, and only creates conflict between players.
If you see someone spawn killing, please do not get angry. Remain calm and inform them that spawn killing is against the rules. If they continue spawn killing, you may calmly request staff assistance via either PM or modreq. Do not use caps in global or PvP chat, remain calm and ask for staff assistance.

Q: <Kit> is overpowered/underpowered! Everyone/no one plays it! Why did you make it this way?
If you think a kit is overpowered or underpowered, message a staff member and they will alert an admin of the issue. If we get enough reports, we will change some attributes of the kit.

Enjoy PvPing!
~Cubeville Admin Team

[Image: eWUbdIH.png][Image: CNPSkellyBadge_zps10559d61.png]
"The command may be short, but the hammer is heavy..."
[Image: Clicki.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2017, 10:14 PM
RE: Loadout PVP Returns
Cool!!
02-10-2017, 10:18 PM
COOLLLLLL... way to go Fredi and other.. tyvm.

02-10-2017, 10:20 PM
I can't wait to get on and pvp later :o
Thanks to everyone who made this possible! Big Grin
02-10-2017, 10:25 PM
HYPPPE IM SO READY FITE ME EVERYONE

[Image: testsig.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-11-2017, 01:31 AM
Awesome job everyone who worked on this. We had a lot of fun doing 3v3 team tower defense today.
02-11-2017, 03:36 AM
Yeahoo now i can battle my friends on cv.
02-11-2017, 08:37 AM
Thank you staff so much, not just for this pvp, but for everything that has happened in the past couple of weeks. Rift, quests, loadout pvp.. You must have been working so hard Smile

"I bet if there was a Minecraft movie, it would be a blockbuster." ~CreepingDespair
"Look at all dem MEESE" ~Sheepaleepz
02-11-2017, 01:23 PM
(02-11-2017 08:37 AM)ReeciPeeci Wrote:  Thank you staff so much, not just for this pvp, but for everything that has happened in the past couple of weeks. Rift, quests, loadout pvp.. You must have been working so hard Smile

Dis

One suggestion... would it be possible to have every kit have a sword or other close up weapon, bow and armor and have every kit with different loadouts and qualities of the main item that kit is known for?

VicTheElf: There's a zombie in my face rn, it's very bothersome.

THANK YOU CV U AWESOME
02-11-2017, 02:30 PM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2017 02:31 PM by Angel_Of_Ender.)
No, that would ruin the fun. If you want a bow, you get sharpshooter or archer, if you want close up, you get one of the others. You know how, in FPS games, long range weapons are bad close up? It's because not everyone can be good at everything. I'm personally a sniper, and yeah it stinks to be vulnerable up close, but that makes it fun.

Also TYVM Staffs

[Image: testsig.png]
02-11-2017, 04:08 PM
(02-11-2017 01:31 AM)Andy1563 Wrote:  Awesome job everyone who worked on this. We had a lot of fun doing 3v3 team tower defense today.

We totally creamed you, Alex and PJ Smile

[Image: MCNT_575155bb22163_2.png]
Nubbing on CV since 9th May 2015
Proud Mayor of Inferno CV 5
Proud Mayor of Piraeus CV 6
"The Great Delfic Omletacle!"
02-11-2017, 05:52 PM
So I need to get grounded to make all the big things happen...

I don't even know anymore.

NUB
02-12-2017, 12:33 PM
(02-11-2017 05:52 PM)WeatherCats Wrote:  So I need to get grounded to make all the big things happen...

I don't even know anymore.

Trust me, for the past couple of years of my life I didn't spend playing Cubeville, I've missed plenty, but I know there will be more to come Smile

"I bet if there was a Minecraft movie, it would be a blockbuster." ~CreepingDespair
"Look at all dem MEESE" ~Sheepaleepz
02-13-2017, 02:21 PM
In my CV absence practically all my minecraft time has been dedicated to PvP, be prepared guys ^_^

Supreme Overlord of CV4 Nub Shack
Founder of CV5 Premium Town, Nautica
Mayor of CV6 Quality Town, Zephyr Dunes

[Image: Mno66ti.png?2]
[Image: VFJSB86.png?1]
[Image: Ko66yoT.jpg?1]
02-14-2017, 12:45 PM
(02-11-2017 01:23 PM)wahvie Wrote:  
(02-11-2017 08:37 AM)ReeciPeeci Wrote:  Thank you staff so much, not just for this pvp, but for everything that has happened in the past couple of weeks. Rift, quests, loadout pvp.. You must have been working so hard Smile

Dis

One suggestion... would it be possible to have every kit have a sword or other close up weapon, bow and armor and have every kit with different loadouts and qualities of the main item that kit is known for?

The issue with this has always been the fact that either the melee weapons aren't strong enough to be worth it, or they're too strong for an archer class.

Also on a related side note. Any feedback will be appreciated, it's still very early into the new pvp, and there's a lot of new stuff to play with, which you may have noticed with the boots on either sharpshooter or tank. As well as the bow with sharpshooter, though I'm not sure if we have any indication of what it does.

For anyone who used to pvp, expect a return of Abydos if any of you remember that arena. Though it will be a bit different than you remember.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)