Current time: 04-19-2018, 07:29 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
More 6.0 info
04-09-2017, 12:00 AM
More 6.0 info
This is just a more detailed post to confirm that the new map is nearly here!

When will rift be?

Rift will start on Saturday April 15th at 12:00 pm EST. It will end when everyone's had enough, there's no more map left to blow up or we reach 24 hours of rift mode.

The new map will be released Sunday April 16th at 12:00 pm EST. (Approximately) Please allow for some possible downtime during the switch, although we hope to have everything running smoothly.

When do we get to see the map overview changing?

A brand new overview will be loaded in once the new map goes live. If it's anything like the last 2 maps, it might take a little while for the chunks to fully load as people explore. Due to this, there might be a little bit of lag, it WILL get better as the days go on. It's to be expected with so many people online!

Will there be any major changes, and what things were transferred over?

CVC- The city won't be anywhere in the centre of the map, this time around it's located on a peninsula just off the main land mass. You'll be provided with boat admin shops or you can swim like a fish. It's up to you. Wink

CVC will have stricter regulations, specifically around reducing lag. Item frames, redstone, paintings, banners, armour stands, and animals will all be banned from CVC. Please see the CVC rules kiosk when it's time for complete info & a full list.

Lag reducing efforts:

As we transition to the new map, we'd like to request that you please refrain from building massive auto farms, storage rooms & Redstone contraptions with hundreds of pistons or hoppers for the moment until we explain more in a future post. Hoppers specifically will be limited in the near future. This is to not only to keep the lag at a reasonable level, but to keep the server load down as much as possible. A happy server is a lag free server!

Dragon Arena- Since the end is now useful, we'll be providing a public dragon fighting arena where you'll be welcome to spawn the dragon. For the moment, It's up to the community when the dragon is spawned and you're welcome to fight it by yourselves or in groups although we won't control this (at the moment). The key thing is *anyone* is welcome to join the fight. Please don't argue over it. The dragon arena is on the main island, to protect people from randomly wandering into the world and getting killed by the dragon. The world spawn point will be at an end city. This way you can choose if they want to be in danger & hopefully lessen the chance of accidently being killed by the dragon while looking around.

Farms relocation- In an effort to cut down lag and help younger players, the farms will no longer be located in CVC. This also frees up plot space. Farms will be located on a regenerating natural environment island in the brand new skylands with a portal. If you want sand, you'll get to dig in a regenerating desert. Trees? Logging forest etc.

Admin HQ, Quest Hall & Patron House- The Admin HQ from 4.0 is back, now double the size with more floors! We felt that the admin offices this map were too small, so we decided to bring back the massive towers with fantastic floor space from last map. This building features 8 SA offices, 12 Admin offices, & 1 floor each for Mod and Smod cubicles underground that are also customizable. Each floor offers balconies, while the Mod floors also have washrooms and staff kitchens. The HQ also has a sort of staff back yard that backs out onto the ocean and a set of islands.

The Quest Hall has been transferred, nothing fancy there although it's just outside the city this time. The Patron House is near spawn.

A second skylands- The new skylands we just got turned out to be too small for what we really need, we don't have room for all the pvp arenas and such without them being visible from spawn, or the event islands. Due to this we're generating a second, pretty skylands for events and keeping the current skylands for pvp and stuff that doesn't need a pretty backdrop.

These names are subject to change, for now these are possibly temporary names:

Farmlands- Will use the NEW second Skylands, all the farms and events will be hosted here on custom generated, beautiful islands.

Gamelands- Will use the CURRENT Skylands. PVP and other minigames will be here where looks don't matter that much.

If you have any questions that weren't answered in the last thread, we'll see if we can answer them for you. Hopefully this is everything so far, if we missed anything we'll edit this post and make a comment saying so.

[Image: eWUbdIH.png][Image: CNPSkellyBadge_zps10559d61.png]
"The command may be short, but the hammer is heavy..."
[Image: Clicki.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2017, 12:47 AM
RE: More 6.0 info
All sounds.great, having recently joined will really miss cv5, but am looking forward to cv6 as much. Very Many thanks to those who've been busy developing it, and am looking forward to seeing you back playing the game alongside us again soon. Can I ask might you consider making the spawn eggs a little less expensive, surely all the little ones deserve a cute wolf pup, horse or villager friend at their home - just a suggestion, many thanks again
04-09-2017, 02:35 AM
As we have two dofferent skylands. What are the teleport commands to get there or will we have just portals ?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-09-2017, 03:02 AM
All that sounds. New. Seems a little too over the chart. No redstone? Or item frames? What if someone without SK wanted to build some sort of redstone trade shop? Or what if someone wanted to make a redstone trade matter out of uniqueness? I know you're trying to reduce lag but honestly, it sounds a bit lot. And not having a CVC in the center of the maps sounds weird. It would be hard to walk to the other corner of the map. How would the sky rails work on that? I know you staff have worked hard on the map and you probably had many discussions on everything I'm saying, and I mean no disrespect to the staff or their work, the Map definitely sounds awesome but I think it's changed quite some bit.

It's probably changed for the best but it just sounds different from CV5 like by a lot. Either way, I still say a huge thank you to all the staff for putting so much effort into this map and for being awesome.
I hope you understand though, I have a race to beat Anime and Moni in crashing the server MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA >: )

[Image: MCNT_575155bb22163_2.png]
Nubbing on CV since 9th May 2015
Proud Mayor of Inferno CV 5
Proud Mayor of Piraeus CV 6
"The Great Delfic Omletacle!"
04-09-2017, 05:32 AM
There are portals for everything, and the portal hub is no longer around spawn so it's lag free. There is a new /hub command that takes you to the portals without passing through spawn now so it should be a more lag free experience to use the portals.

As to the question of redstone in CVC, there were already very few, if any, CVC shops run without SK. Now that the SK quest has been out a while and with so many people receiving donations to get SK before CV5 ends, it seems unlikely anyone buying a plot will not have SK, or it would not be as hard to get SK if they did not have it.

Redstone itself causes more lag than it should due to fairly rubbish coding on redstone that makes it run light updates and block updates that are totally unnecessary. That's why it has been included in the list. If people really want to to use redstone in their shop they can always open one in a town or village instead.

As for reaching the corners of the map, there are still going to be drops to get out towards the corners so I don't think that will be a problem with the new off center CVC.

[Image: 7ciirExl.png]
04-09-2017, 06:36 AM
(04-09-2017 03:02 AM)SpamSammich Wrote:  Seems a little too over the chart.

Our players have complained about lag in CVC all map long, even on previous maps, and we understand how frustrating that can be. These rules are being implemented for the purpose of reducing that lag and frustration by ensuring that the entity count remains low. CVC is never the only town or village on the map, and so all your redstone contraptions/armor stands/item frames/etc can be used there instead.

If anything, it may force shop owners to change their shops to be less like "one-stop shops" and instead we will have access to more creative (build-wise), specialty shops. It'll be interesting to see how CVC shops will look in the coming weeks.

[Image: we0xbOI.png]
[Image: ieMvChw.png?1]

[Image: c0ZjGRy.png]
04-09-2017, 07:32 AM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2017 07:33 AM by CreepingDespair.)
Also keep in mind that the ban doesn't mean you can't sell redstone and redstone components from your shop, you just cannot build any redstone machines or contraptions in the city.

[Image: uEwNzS5.jpg]
04-09-2017, 10:43 AM
What about selling an item such as a saddle? We will have to use a sign instead of an item frame so players know what the chest is selling?

According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground. The bee, of course, flies anyway because bees don't care what humans think is impossible. Yellow, black. Yellow, black. Yellow, black. Yellow, black. Ooh, black and yellow! Let's shake it up a little. Barry! Break
04-09-2017, 10:45 AM
So, for the shop signs, since there would be no item frames, would you not be able to sell non-placable items (like armour, food, ext) and not get confused by the sign? Like the dies I know say "Pink ink sack" Or things like that and I constantly get confused by just reading the signs. So, would the signs get clearer and easier to understand?

Then one I'm assuming not for but would quests save progress for the players? (Like not have to start over... that would just be kinda annoying for me though)

VicTheElf: There's a zombie in my face rn, it's very bothersome.

THANK YOU CV U AWESOME
04-09-2017, 10:52 AM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2017 10:52 AM by BandNerdMama.)
Heart RE: More 6.0 info
Oh my goodness, guys. This. Is. INCREDIBLE.

I *love* new ideas and especially watching people implement new things!

Will gamelands have its own inventory like the quest world? I remember it being discussed to help prevent people from accidentally losing stuff in PVP (asking for a friend). Cool

I canNOT wait until next week. Holy cow it's gonna be AMAZING.

You guys are amazing. The talent and hard work from the staffers is always above and beyond anything I could ever imagine. THANK YOU ALL so much for making Cubeville so great! HeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

Proud founder of Aramore, CV 6.0 First Premium Town
[Image: d6MHspO.png]

Founder of Oracle, Savannah and Edge of Nowhere (EoN)
04-09-2017, 11:06 AM
So you can still sell anything you like from a chest shop, you will just need to write out signs that explain what the item is. In the case of things like dyes, flowers etc. that aren't descriptive enough on the chest shop sign, you can always place another sign where you would have put an item frame before telling you what the item actually is. Using coloured signs you can make it fairly easy still to tell what things are.

[Image: 7ciirExl.png]
04-09-2017, 11:11 AM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2017 11:12 AM by BandNerdMama.)
(04-09-2017 10:45 AM)wahvie Wrote:  So, for the shop signs, since there would be no item frames, would you not be able to sell non-placable items (like armour, food, ext) and not get confused by the sign? Like the dies I know say "Pink ink sack" Or things like that and I constantly get confused by just reading the signs. So, would the signs get clearer and easier to understand?

You can easily place the sale sign ON the chest, and a description sign ABOVE the chest. That way people know what it is without the item frames =)

(04-09-2017 11:06 AM)WallyDonkey Wrote:  So you can still sell anything you like from a chest shop, you will just need to write out signs that explain what the item is. In the case of things like dyes, flowers etc. that aren't descriptive enough on the chest shop sign, you can always place another sign where you would have put an item frame before telling you what the item actually is. Using coloured signs you can make it fairly easy still to tell what things are.

I mean....what he said Tongue

Proud founder of Aramore, CV 6.0 First Premium Town
[Image: d6MHspO.png]

Founder of Oracle, Savannah and Edge of Nowhere (EoN)
04-09-2017, 11:32 AM
Awesome, sounds really cool!

[Image: v1W1uWvl.png]
Steam: Oinkerz
Instagram: OinkerzMC
04-09-2017, 11:34 AM
Year book photo... making lots of groupies this is the first one

http://imgur.com/a/Xosro
04-09-2017, 11:36 AM
At first I was upset at all the plot restrictions but now I realize that it might prompt more players to open shops outside of CVC and hopefully villages and towns will have more interesting shopping! I hope CVC being far from the middle of the map might encourage people to build somewhere besides just right next to it.

[Image: duskflower.png]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)