Current time: 04-19-2018, 07:28 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Halloween Island OPEN!
10-31-2017, 07:01 PM
Star Halloween Island OPEN!
Hey everyone! As is becoming tradition, the CV Staff Team have been working hard behind the scenes to prepare a pretty awesome Halloween Island for you all to explore. There are great builds to look at, mini quests to complete and much fun to be had. To get there just go through the portal either just south of CVC spawn or in the seasonal section of skylands.

[Image: x9fvOjq.png]
Halloween Island portals

Once you come through the portal, you will find yourself in a small little portal building. From there you can explore in any direction, though the main buildings are inside the giant pumpkins North and West of the starting area.

[Image: QTke821.png]
Small little portal building.

Halloween Mini-Quests

There are plenty of NPC's around the island waiting for your help, and willing to part with precious pumpkin and candy points in exchange. Just walk up to an NPC and right click them to start the conversation. After that you use /1 or /2 etc. to reply as appropriate.

[Image: gh4e1Xw.png]
Example of NPC conversation

Complete the mini-quests, earn points and on 16th November 2017 special stores will be opening for you to buy exclusive Halloween items!

[Image: Y3GG81C.png]
Halloween stores coming soon!

So what exactly is there to do?

Well, I'm glad I asked! There are a wide variety of mini-quests to complete, but I'll highlight a few here.

Haunted Mario Mansion

The Haunted Mario Mansion contains a few different puzzles, some parkour, goomba squishing and a boss battle! Head on in, select your character and have fun! You can find the mansion in the giant pumpkin north of the arrival tower.

[Image: q5BGIAV.png]
King Boo on his perch above the mansion

Spoopy Forest Maze

The forest maze follows a long and winding path through a roofed forest and the vast caves beneath. Along the way you'll see some familiar faces as the staff shrines from last years maze make a reappearance. I hope you're quick though, the ladders are made of lava and when your fire resistance potions run out, it might get a bit hot! If you can make it to an admin or SA shrine though, you'll be rewarded with an extra potion to help you along your way. Good luck!

[Image: Pv2ug32.png]
Not just your average Moni shrine.

Photo Booth

Want to take a screenshot to commemorate the halloween event? Well, head north from the arrival tower and you'll find a photo booth setup for exactly the purpose. There are different background presets you can select at the push of a button. Then just hop inside, smile your best smile and hit F2!

[Image: Mmj8eAo.png]
Halloween Tree, just one of the photo booth backgrounds.

Zombie Horse Racetrack

Wander your way west of arrival and you'll find yourself at the zombie horse racetrack. Here you'll meet Larry who has a particular problem with one of his zombie horses that only you can solve. Whilst you're there, why not take one of the zombie horses for a spin? There are several in stalls that you and your friends can race with. Just remember to put them back in their stalls when you're done.

[Image: 9XmfZrE.png]
Do you have what it takes to solve Larry's dilema?

Other highlights of halloween island include, but are not limited to:
  • Mountain roller coaster
  • Halloween PvP
  • Mad scientist's lab
  • Insane asylum
  • Woodland Mansion

More To Come...

You mean there's more?! Yes indeed! We have more attractions opening soon, just as soon as the bugs have made their way out of the coding. For example: who is in this house and why is it so small? Find out soon! :D

[Image: YTsxzgD.png]
Coming soon to a Halloween Island near you!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-31-2017, 07:29 PM
RE: Halloween Island OPEN!
PARTY TIME!!!!!!!!!!

Have fun in the maze everyone! laughs evily

I'm AFK. Well, not really. I'm just not paying attention to the game, but don't worry. I'm still paying attention to the game.

[Image: EE3QTGr.jpg][Image: V2MD2B0.jpg][Image: Q0h0bXq.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-31-2017, 08:08 PM
Wooowho!! The fun has begun! Yay!
10-31-2017, 08:26 PM
Woo hoo! Sounds great! Big Grin

Current IGN: _KittycaitAD_
"I AM THE FATHER OF CREAM CHEESE" ~ some kid in our yard
Proud Mayor of CV6's Kika II <3
10-31-2017, 11:10 PM
Thanks to all the staff that have been working so hard on the halloween builds for such a long time - ty ty & ty - it all looks spectacular Smile
11-01-2017, 07:03 AM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2017 02:18 PM by vip2kea.)
OMG did u say “Mario” wally??? (Gets mraccess)
Wait didn’t fredi oragabaly made this post? It now says Wally made it

Founder of c1 an unofficial CV6 village
Mayor of c2 an official CV6 village

IGN

vip2kea
11-01-2017, 10:20 AM
NOTE: Issue with completing racetrack quest has been resolved. You will need to speak to Larry to start the quest again, but should now be able to complete it Smile

[Image: 7ciirExl.png]
11-01-2017, 02:53 PM
Thanks guys - looks awesome!

[Image: e11O3YS.jpg]
I design. Avatar made by me. Check out my work on my Behance portfolio here.
11-01-2017, 07:23 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2017 08:45 PM by wahvie.)
Wally, I think its back, the spiders aren't spawning!

Anyways, looks great guys! Even better than last year!

Edit! Forget about the spiders, Igorr won't work?

VicTheElf: There's a zombie in my face rn, it's very bothersome.

THANK YOU CV U AWESOME
11-01-2017, 07:34 PM
Ty Wally. Elffy and MP we can finally get that water man.

11-02-2017, 03:16 PM
Hope everybody enjoys! Smile

[Image: v1W1uWvl.png]
Steam: Oinkerz
Instagram: OinkerzMC
11-03-2017, 09:50 AM
(11-01-2017 07:23 PM)wahvie Wrote:  Wally, I think its back, the spiders aren't spawning!

Anyways, looks great guys! Even better than last year!

Edit! Forget about the spiders, Igorr won't work?

Igor works... pay careful attention to what Larry says. Smile

Working on a New Signature Smile
11-03-2017, 07:31 PM
Well I still can't do the racetrack with Larry. Now I know what happened to my bucket and things. PvP happened.
Seeing we don't have any overworld invent for this world or have anything of value in the Halloween world, why do we have to get invent removed????
So plz, can I have my empty bucket, spider eye and blue mushroom back?

11-03-2017, 09:16 PM
... So like. I got my Bootato from the boomai quest! It was amazing but like... can I get another one? I kind of... ate it >.<

[Image: MCNT_575155bb22163_2.png]
Nubbing on CV since 9th May 2015
Proud Mayor of Inferno CV 5
Proud Mayor of Piraeus CV 6
"The Great Delfic Omletacle!"
11-04-2017, 11:39 AM
Thanks for your patience everyone, this halloween event has been a learning experience for a lot of staff but we're getting there to have everything working perfectly!

Two new features added today:

Quest Cancel - If you use /backpack you will see your quest inventory. If you have started the Scientist or Racetrack quests and lose any of the items somehow, you can now click the bone named "Cancel the quest" and reset the quest. You can then go and speak to the starting NPC and begin again.

Keeping Items Safe - If an item has the "Quest Item" label on it, you can store it in your /backpack. In there it will be safe from inventory clears and death. The NPC's will still be able to register the item in there as well if you are trying to hand them in for a quest. For anything you want to keep safe from inventory clears without the Quest Item label, there are end chests by the PvP entrance for storage.

[Image: 7ciirExl.png]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)