Current time: 06-25-2019, 06:34 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
[Event] Summer Games 2019
06-05-2019, 11:34 AM
[Event] Summer Games 2019
Cubeville Summer Games 2019

Hi everyone! So, summer is here, and with it comes the school holidays and plenty of time to hang out on CV (if you're lucky). To help you fill that time, we are happy to announce that from Monday 17th June until the end of August we will be running the CV Summer Games. That gives you just over a week to brush up on your game skills! These will be fixed events hosted each day where you can play to potentially win points towards awesome prizes. For anyone who was here for last years summer tournaments, the system is very similar, but definitely read through for any changes.

How do the summer games work?

At fixed times each day staff will host one of the minigames we have here on Cubeville. It could be Spleef, PvP, DynaDude, FloatyFeather, LavaRun, Naval Battle, Obstacle Course etc. Any players will be welcome to attend and the staff member hosting will explain how each game will work. They will be slightly different than usual in some cases due to the nature of hosting vs just randomly playing.

For each game that a player wins they will receive a point. After the first month or so of the games running an NPC will arrive in CVC who will trade win points for a variety of cool prizes. Full details are yet to be decided but we can announce that the top possible prizes will be mini-ranks. There will be a choice of three, one that allows you to convert dirt to mycelium as you place it, one to convert sand to glass and one to convert soul sand to obsidian. These abilities have not been available for quite some time so we're very happy to be able to offer them again.

There won't be any long running tournaments as in the past, you get one win point per game you win and they all go into your pot towards prizes. We hope that this keeps things fun for all and doesn't only reward those who can play consistently each day.

Build Battle

We will be including a Build Battle this year, and the theme is 'PvP Arena'. In groups of up to four you can work on a PvP Arena over six weeks (from 17th June to 28th July). There will be a public vote to rank the arenas and then the SA team will judge the top arenas to decide 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. There will be points awarded for each of the winners. The 1st place winner's arena will also be copied to the skylands and become a permanent fixture in our PvP Arena offering!

On 17th June a portal will appear just outside CVC spawn that will take you to the Build Battle world, where you can modreq to get a plot to work on.

You don't have to, but if you want to design potential kits to go along with the PvP arena that could help your score.

Rules

* You may only work on a PvP arena in your plot
* No more than four players per plot
* Players can only be on one team
* Builds must be original, any found to be copied from other sources will be disqualified
* Please contain all liquids within your plot, they should not be running outside the plot border
* Do not build any persistent redstone devices (i.e. they run non stop) or redstone devices that have an impact outside your plot
* You may not use creative world for personal use
* CV’s Offical building rules apply
* Only items available in normal creative mode can be used in builds. Anything brought in from SP using saved toolbars being used in builds will result in disqualification.

Sportsmanship and Fair Play

We're all here on CV to have a good time and, as competitive as they can get, minigames should be fun above all else. Not everyone can win each game and you shouldn't allow this to get you down or make you angry. There will be a lot of games to be played through the next two months and there is always another chance to win. What matters is everyone having a good time.

To that end, anyone who cannot handle playing games nicely, who cannot lose without flipping out and who cannot win without trying to make others feel bad, may be banned from the Summer Games. For behaviour that goes against the server rules normal punishments would apply. This is a zero tolerance policy. Staff are taking time out of their day to host and you will not argue with them or turn a game into a negative experience for other players.

Multiple Accounts

Each player may use only one account per scheduled session. Attempting to bypass this rule may lead to all of your accounts being removed from that day's games. Repeated violations will lead to a ban from all summer games.

Frequently Asked Questions

How can I view my win points?
Once the NPC arrives in CVC they will be able to tell you your total points.

Can we only win points from the scheduled games?
Any games hosted during the next two months are eligible for points. The scheduled games are just to give everyone a guaranteed opportunity to play each day.

Can I still get a prize if I only win one point?
You certainly can, there will be a range of prizes on offer and the lowest is guaranteed to cost only one point. So if over the next two months you only manage to win one game of spleef, you can still benefit.

Why is PvP FFA only?
The idea of the games this year is to keep things simple for players and to avoid the longer term tournament system which, whilst fun, froze out some players from competing. Team PvP requires players to be online for the full length of a game or penalise their team by leaving, it requires more organisation from the staff side and some players end up struggling to find a team. FFA is just all around easier and if a player has to go and logs out then the only person losing out is them. It just seemed like the better option.

How do I get a build battle plot?
If you wish for a building plot, just place a modreq in the build world hub with the names of everyone on your team and staff will create one for you (note all members of the team will either need to be present to agree to the team or will need to modreq separately). You will then be able to return to your plot using the /home command in the build world.

What happens to the build battle builds?
Once the battle is completed, you will no longer have access to build. However you’re more than welcome to visit and go sightseeing for a couple of months after the battle closes.

[Image: aoLQ5TU.jpg?1]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2019, 02:15 PM
RE: [Event] Summer Games 2019
BUILD BATTLE??!!!???!??!? I will be there. and can you help people and what do you mean by four people per plot? please ancer soon!

[Image: E85Ici0.jpg?1]
Birch Hollows Spleef Hoster
And MountainView Founder
06-05-2019, 02:34 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2019 02:41 PM by vip2kea.)
Yay! Summer games 2019!!!

Woah, ranks similar from the building chain are coming back through here? Or just their ability’s? Either way, awesome, better clear my schedule the best I can for the summer! Big Grin

[Image: Rz7OzOR_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape...ity=medium]
Signature by Lime! Big Grin

Minecraft <3
06-05-2019, 04:35 PM
Wow! I did not think this post would come this early, but I am exited for the Summer games. They were really fun last year and I hope they will be fun this year. Btw I don't thick I can come to any of the games on Thursdays. I wish I could, but I can't Sad

[Image: 0cJcvrF.png]
06-05-2019, 05:26 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2019 05:26 PM by Terror_on_Earth.)
(06-05-2019 02:15 PM)MCG8 Wrote:  BUILD BATTLE??!!!???!??!? I will be there. and can you help people and what do you mean by four people per plot? please ancer soon!

It means you can have a team of up to four people working on the PvP arena. Which means up to 4 people can be added to the plot, but a person may only work on one plot. No more.

[Image: OjFAR0O.jpg]
06-05-2019, 05:28 PM
(06-05-2019 02:15 PM)MCG8 Wrote:  BUILD BATTLE??!!!???!??!? I will be there. and can you help people and what do you mean by four people per plot? please ancer soon!

As Wally stated in the post above, you can work in groups with up to 4 people. It just means that no more than 4 people can work on one plot. :)
06-05-2019, 06:43 PM
so... I could do it say with Me Cade Elf and Mermaid? (hehe best builders) and we could all work on it together? just saying. but how would we all get on the same plot?

And MountainView Founder
06-05-2019, 06:52 PM
(06-05-2019 06:43 PM)MCG8 Wrote:  so... I could do it say with Me Cade Elf and Mermaid? (hehe best builders) and we could all work on it together? just saying. but how would we all get on the same plot?

Once a group is formed you would ask for others to be added to the plot via modreq.

06-05-2019, 07:05 PM
ok Thanks! ^.^

And MountainView Founder
06-06-2019, 12:20 PM
Say, would I be able to do it solo, on my own, do I have to work in a group?
Just for some things I prefer working on my own

[Image: oO8XviX.png]
[Image: f59LMdD.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-06-2019, 12:44 PM
(06-06-2019 12:20 PM)Lime Wrote:  Say, would I be able to do it solo, on my own, do I have to work in a group?
Just for some things I prefer working on my own

No, you do not have to work in a group.

06-06-2019, 09:25 PM
Would it be possible to get the dimensions before June 17th or no?

[Image: Sig.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-06-2019, 09:58 PM
(06-06-2019 09:25 PM)Chao Wrote:  Would it be possible to get the dimensions before June 17th or no?

I very much doubt it. If you had the dimensions of it early, you could start building early which would give you a significant advantage and kinda ruin it. I might be wrong, but I don't think so. This is how it's been in the past also.

[Image: OBzvmfZ.jpg]
06-06-2019, 10:19 PM
(06-06-2019 09:58 PM)Eureka2013 Wrote:  
(06-06-2019 09:25 PM)Chao Wrote:  Would it be possible to get the dimensions before June 17th or no?

I very much doubt it. If you had the dimensions of it early, you could start building early which would give you a significant advantage and kinda ruin it. I might be wrong, but I don't think so. This is how it's been in the past also.

I have a question, can we use schematic for the build battle? I like to build/plan/design in single player.

[Image: Rz7OzOR_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&amp;shape...ity=medium]
Signature by Lime! Big Grin

Minecraft <3
06-07-2019, 08:56 AM
(06-06-2019 10:19 PM)vip2kea Wrote:  
(06-06-2019 09:58 PM)Eureka2013 Wrote:  

I have a question, can we use schematic for the build battle? I like to build/plan/design in single player.
iirc the rule for schematic is that it has to be your own build that you made, not downloaded from another site :-)

.•♫•♬• I ᗩᗰ _KITTYᑕᗩIT Iᑎ GᗩᗰE, ᖴEEᒪ ᖴᖇEE TO ᔕᗩY ᕼI! •♬•♫•.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)